Minnesota Lynx 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/23/20 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I think the Lynx need to treat her like a foreign player. If she shows up in 2021, great. Otherwise they need to start building around Collier and Co.

OK, we’ll treat her like a foreign player. If she shows up, she’s starting. Now you do the same for your foreign player, Johannes.

I'm not sure how you're defending Maya Moore by comparing her to a player whose entire WNBA career consists of half a season coming off the bench for a 10-24 team.

I thought the notion of treating Maya like a foreign player was funny if not a toad bit disrespectful, so I made kind of a joke out of it. But I guess it’s a joke that hits a little too close to home?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/20 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do agree certain people do make some disrespectful trade ideas and comments when it comes to other teams players , but #KanyeShrug its giving us something to talk about during an off season so ill take the ludicrous assumptions from Toad Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/23/20 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I thought the notion of treating Maya like a foreign player was funny if not a toad bit disrespectful, so I made kind of a joke out of it. But I guess it’s a joke that hits a little too close to home?

I see what you did.....

Speebs56

PostPosted: 01/23/20 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any possibility that Maya's return hinges on whether Mr. Irons wins his acquittal? If the legal process drags on longer, Maya appears committed to working with him until it's resolved - one way or the other.

If the case is concluded favorably, perhaps she'd consider a return to b-ball, with the understanding that there would be much work to be done to get back to game shape and mentality.

I miss watching Maya play, but I respect her decision to pursue what's most important to her.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/23/20 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I think the Lynx need to treat her like a foreign player. If she shows up in 2021, great. Otherwise they need to start building around Collier and Co.

OK, we’ll treat her like a foreign player. If she shows up, she’s starting. Now you do the same for your foreign player, Johannes.

I'm not sure how you're defending Maya Moore by comparing her to a player whose entire WNBA career consists of half a season coming off the bench for a 10-24 team.

Kind of a joke? More like a scattershot attempt at sarcasm while responding to Toad but also jabbing at me as a twofer. Whatever it was, Moore and Johannes aren't even in the same galaxy when it comes to accomplishments. The comment comes across almost as a non sequitur.

PostPosted: 01/23/20 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Kind of a joke? More like a scattershot attempt at sarcasm while responding to Toad but also jabbing at me as a twofer. Whatever it was, Moore and Johannes aren't even in the same galaxy when it comes to accomplishments. The comment comes across almost as a non sequitur.

It's just Shades being shady.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 01/24/20 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hearing rumbles of something big in the works.

PostPosted: 01/24/20 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

What does Minnesota have of significant trade value to get another superstar on their team? Zandalasini? Their 2020 & 2021 first-round picks?

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/20 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
What does Minnesota have of significant trade value to get another superstar on their team?

The rights to Maya Moore

PostPosted: 01/24/20 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
What does Minnesota have of significant trade value to get another superstar on their team?

The rights to Maya Moore

True! Smile

PostPosted: 01/24/20 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The rights to Maya Moore

Curious where Maya would want to return to play for in 2021? Atlanta?

blaase22

PostPosted: 01/25/20 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

I’m listening Mad

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/25/20 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm imagining the chaos on here if the Lynx were to inexplicably trade back for Natasha Howard. Razz

Randy

PostPosted: 01/25/20 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The rights to Maya Moore

Who would want her? Why trade for a player who probably will never play again?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/25/20 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We are in the negotiating period prior to free agency. A 'big' move wouldn't necessarily have to require giving anyone up.

Also if someone wanted to go to Minnesota, we've certainly seen people traded for packages that aren't far off '#6 pick + young player filler'.

PostPosted: 01/25/20 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Kind of a joke? More like a scattershot attempt at sarcasm while responding to Toad but also jabbing at me as a twofer. Whatever it was,

Not everything is about you. My comment was to toad. I genuinely think Johannes deserves to start. That’s a very rational sports opinion. If I can never relay that opinion to another Liberty fan or otherwise without you feeling it was a “jab at you”, then not only are you wrong to do that, you’re way too sensitive for sports talk.

root_thing wrote:
Moore and Johannes aren't even in the same galaxy when it comes to accomplishments.

Who said they had to be? This is just you over-rationalizing again instead of taking the easy routes of acknowledging the clever segue or saying nothing at all. Toad’s the one that made the silly comment of treating Maya like a foreign player, but him you leave alone. I guess Toad never disagrees with you and that’s the most important thing to you.

blaase22

PostPosted: 01/25/20 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The rights to Maya Moore

Who would want her? Why trade for a player who probably will never play again?

Maybe not for the Lynx,, maybe atlanta can lure her back.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/25/20 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Not everything is about you. My comment was to toad. I genuinely think Johannes deserves to start. That’s a very rational sports opinion. If I can never relay that opinion to another Liberty fan or otherwise without you feeling it was a “jab at you”, then not only are you wrong to do that, you’re way too sensitive for sports talk.

Not everything is about me, but the argument about Johannes as a starter was specifically between you and me. I don't usually insert myself into tussles involving other people. I don't even post much on the threads of other teams because I assume their fans know more about their team than I do. I give them their due respect. But yeah, in this case it looked like your comment was at least partially aimed at me.

Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Moore and Johannes aren't even in the same galaxy when it comes to accomplishments.

Who said they had to be? This is just you over-rationalizing again instead of taking the easy routes of acknowledging the clever segue or saying nothing at all. Toad’s the one that made the silly comment of treating Maya like a foreign player, but him you leave alone. I guess Toad never disagrees with you and that’s the most important thing to you.

1. It wasn't a clever segue. Your remark was phrased in a way that suggested Moore's situation is comparable to Johannes'. It isn't. Maya is an all-time great and deserves special consideration. Johannes has done nothing in this league. She's not even a great player in France. A good one, but not great.

2. Toad's comment wasn't silly. Pretty much all the posts about Moore by other people indicated that they didn't think she was ever returning. Piggybacking off that community sentiment, Toad suggested that Minnesota should move on. They can't build around Maya anymore. If you can no longer count on her to reliably show up, if Moore is someone who may come and go, then from a planning point of view she is similar to a foreign player. However, Maya is not like a foreign player once she does show up. Her history deservedly gives her preferential treatment.

3. Toad and I disagree all the time. There is no Liberty fan that I haven't disagreed with at one time or another. I probably agree most with NYL_WNBA_FAN, and that's only about 2/3 of the time.

PostPosted: 01/25/20 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I'm imagining the chaos on here if the Lynx were to inexplicably trade back for Natasha Howard. Razz

I'd be thrilled to have the best player in WNBA history on the Lynx. Now if the Lynx trade (the rights to) to the 2nd best player in WNBA history, Maya Moore, I'm going to have to figure out a way to create total chaos here without getting banned again. Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/20 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not everything is about me, but the argument about Johannes as a starter was specifically between you and me.

You’re not the only Liberty fan who doesn’t have her starting. Toad is one of those. So stop trying to blow up a small innocuous comment not addressed to you into a big pissing match.

root_thing wrote:
I don't usually insert myself into tussles involving other people.

It wasn’t a “tussle”, but you’re trying to make it seem like a lot bigger deal than it was.

root_thing wrote:
I don't even post much on the threads of other teams because I assume their fans know more about their team than I do. I give them their due respect.

I’m not sure this humble self-assessment is accurate, but you must just be here representing your client, toad.

root_thing wrote:
But yeah, in this case it looked like your comment was at least partially aimed at me.

I know you hate hearing this, but you were wrong.

root_thing wrote:
It wasn't a clever segue.

You just never give me creds. When have you ever? It’s a competition for you, like Megdal vs Winsidr, and you’re definitely Megdal. Wink

root_thing wrote:
Your remark was phrased in a way that suggested Moore's situation is comparable to Johannes'. It isn't.

They’re comparable in the way I intended, they’re both starter quality.

root_thing wrote:
Maya is an all-time great and deserves special consideration.

You know I know already that, but do you think that’s the angle toad was going for? I didn’t see it that way.

root_thing wrote:
Johannes has done nothing in this league. She's not even a great player in France. A good one, but not great.

Wow, you’re certainly all-in on not liking Johannes. Why is she even on the team? And if the new coach is effusive about Johannes, he must be using hyperbole instead being genuine, because you disagree, and yet you hang on his every word about other players like it should even make a difference. You can’t trust what he says, right?

root_thing wrote:
Pretty much all the posts about Moore by other people indicated that they didn't think she was ever returning. Piggybacking off that community sentiment, Toad suggested that Minnesota should move on.

What’s community sentiment got to do with this and who cares about community sentiment? What toad said was a toad original. It would occur to one else to refer to Maya as a foreign player. No one has meant more to this franchise, if not the league, than Maya Moore.

root_thing wrote:
They can't build around Maya anymore. If you can no longer count on her to reliably show up, if Moore is someone who may come and go, then from a planning point of view she is similar to a foreign player. However, Maya is not like a foreign player once she does show up. Her history deservedly gives her preferential treatment.

In conclusion, toad should have found another way to get his point across, because in the end, referring to Maya as a foreign player just falls totally flat and you risk having people think that you don’t respect Maya. At the time I didn’t think it was all that serious like you’re wanting to make it, so I played it off as a joke. NBD

root_thing wrote:
Toad and I disagree all the time. There is no Liberty fan that I haven't disagreed with at one time or another. I probably agree most with NYL_WNBA_FAN, and that's only about 2/3 of the time.

No, I said he doesn’t disagree with you. Once you make your opinion known, nobody better disagree with you or they’ll get this kind of treatment. I mean this time it was a little extra because you added the “were you talking about me” nonsense.

adamj95

PostPosted: 01/25/20 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Bonner or Angel? I’d love to have either on the Lynx.

Last edited by adamj95 on 01/25/20 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 01/25/20 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I'd be thrilled to have the best player in WNBA history on the Lynx. Now if the Lynx trade (the rights to) to the 2nd best player in WNBA history, Maya Moore, I'm going to have to figure out a way to create total chaos here without getting banned again. Smile

Plot twist:

What if they were for each other? What would you do?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

(To be clear, I've heard nothing to suggest this is the case).

PostPosted: 01/25/20 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Plot twist:

What if they were for each other? What would you do?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

(To be clear, I've heard nothing to suggest this is the case).

Howard is better and younger than Maya, however the Storm are winning several more titles probably no matter what and the Lynx zero, but then Maya can end up with the most titles of all time. But to be safe, if I were the Storm, I'm not doing it unless can get Maya for a only a 3rd round pick. Smile

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/25/20 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

I honestly don't know for sure.

I have heard unconfirmed rumors flying around about multiple big name WNBA players headed for new homes, as Richyyy alluded to above and also on Twitter.

And I have heard from a good source that we should strap ourselves in for some big time upcoming Lynx news (involving rosters, not sponsors or arenas or anything like that).

I reached out to the sources I have close to the team but everyone was extremely close-lipped, like suspiciously so. I wasn't even getting little teaser-type dangles from them. So I am, I'd say 95% confidant something's up. Nothing I would publish an article about, but enough to tease a forum with confidence.

As for guesses? Both Skylar and Angel would seem to fill needs on the team. Those two possibilities jump out at me the highest. But then who knows what sort of craziness there might be going on behind the scenes with the new CBA in play. The Lynx now have a ton of ties to New York where all the coaches know each other's players intimately...but I just don't know of a deal that would make sense when looking at the rosters.

But perhaps the trade that makes the most sense in a way? A sign and trade where Angel signs with Atlanta (so she can get the vet resign super-max) and then traded to the Lynx for the rights to Maya Moore, who I assume the Lynx feel is unlikely to ever play again but who Atlanta might take a shot on since she's "home town".

PostPosted: 01/25/20 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

I’d like Bonner. No trade would be required and she can play anything from the 2 to the 4 plus some emergency 5. But as long as PHX pays her the new max (and they will), I don’t see any reason why she would leave PHX. They drafted her and have been treating her well as far as I know. Plus she’s playing with one of the best centers. I’m not sure the Lynx would give her more than a one year deal at new max, because some important contracts expire after this season. GM’s gotta be careful giving those multi year contracts at new max.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 7 of 29

Jump to: