RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/16/20 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DT Talks ‘07 Finals (IG video)

“I remember it pretty clearly. Penny scores, I hit a three and then Cappie hits a jumper. Then I was like, they’re in trouble.”

Hear from Diana Taurasi as she talks with Kevin Ray about capturing the first title in franchise history.
#MercuryClassics🏆

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBWSFH_nTat/

Last edited by CamrnCrz1974 on 06/16/20 3:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/16/20 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
DT Talks ‘07 Finals (IG video)

“I remember it pretty clearly. Penny scores, I hit a three and then Cappie hits a jumper. Then I was like, they’re in trouble.”

Hear from Diana Taurasi as she talks with Kevin Ray about capturing the first title in franchise history.
#MercuryClassics🏆

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBWSFH_nTat/[/u]

Link not working ..... Embarassed

PostPosted: 06/16/20 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Link not working ..... Embarassed

Fixed
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBWSFH_nTat/

Shades

PostPosted: 06/24/20 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former Mizzou star Sophie Cunningham ready for shortened WNBA season
https://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/20200624/former-mizzou-star-sophie-cunningham-ready-for-shortened-wnba-season

Quote:
But basketball isn’t the only thing on Cunningham’s agenda this summer. Teams and players could spend as many as four months on site at IMG Academy, meaning players under the lockdown will need to find ways to fill the time. So in addition to her work on the court, Cunningham plans to host a podcast and a video journal from inside the bubble.

Along with teammates and roommates Brittany Griner and Brianna Turner, Cunningham hopes to bring viewers inside the bubble through conversations with players and coaches and video segments from the campus.

“It’s going to be quite raw,” she said. “I know a lot of people are interested in what’s going to go on down there, so I’m going to take it upon myself to show people.”

Quote:
Cunningham has mixed feelings on the matter, and the 23-year-old guard has other hang-ups, as well.

For so many WNBA players, the choice to spend parts of the year playing overseas in places such as France, Turkey, Russia and China is a financial one, but also one that comes with certain sacrifices. The time in Australia proved valuable for Cunningham, but it also pulled her away from her home, her family and the people in her life she cares about most. Now, she and so many others around the league are being pulled away once again.

“You’re already isolated from home for six months of the year (when overseas),” she said. “So for us to go into the bubble where we can’t see our people while we’re here in America, I understand why we’re doing it, but it still sucks.”

Nonetheless, Cunningham is eager for a return to court. If all goes well during the early weeks in the bubble, basketball is less than a month away.

For Cunningham, it can’t come soon enough.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/24/20 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
With the Boomers in Australia, she found a bigger role and more opportunities to settle into professional basketball, and her performances once again began to resemble the kinds that wowed fans at Mizzou Arena from 2015-19.

Her ... let's call it "feisty" ... reputation also again began to resemble that from Mizzou, which I hadn't seen as much evidence of during the WNBA season. Now I get it.

PostPosted: 06/24/20 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:
With the Boomers in Australia, she found a bigger role and more opportunities to settle into professional basketball, and her performances once again began to resemble the kinds that wowed fans at Mizzou Arena from 2015-19.

Her ... let's call it "feisty" ... reputation also again began to resemble that from Mizzou, which I hadn't seen as much evidence of during the WNBA season. Now I get it.

She’s got a great mentor in Taurasi to learn from.

PostPosted: 06/24/20 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do I get the feeling Skylar's gonna opt out? I'm thinking about a recent tweet of hers where she's 100% right, but I'm just like... "is this also a sort of precursor to announcing that she herself won't be playing?" Embarassed

Fwiw, I'm also feeling the same thing about Cambage, so maybe the Wings fans on here have just gotten in my head a bit. Razz

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/25/20 4:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How much income does Diggins-Smith make from non-basketball avenues? Because a lot of the players who have opted out already or might still do so make more money playing overseas. That means that for them, participating in this WNBA season not only comes with the obvious risks but also has the potential to cost them that overseas income if they get hurt or sick. But Diggins-Smith has never played overseas. If she's going to make any income from basketball, unless she changes her previous patterns, this is it. And you'd think playing overseas is even less likely now that she has a child.

Given all that, and the incentive to prove herself on a new team after pretty much setting fire to every bridge behind her on her way out of Dallas, I kinda think she'll play. This could even be a good format for Phoenix if their key players all participate. Taurasi doesn't have as long to break down and Griner might have fewer distractions. Could work out for them.

PostPosted: 06/28/20 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alanna Smith has officially arrived in Phoenix. That should make Mercury's roster of 11 official now.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 06/28/20 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
How much income does Diggins-Smith make from non-basketball avenues? Because a lot of the players who have opted out already or might still do so make more money playing overseas. That means that for them, participating in this WNBA season not only comes with the obvious risks but also has the potential to cost them that overseas income if they get hurt or sick. But Diggins-Smith has never played overseas. If she's going to make any income from basketball, unless she changes her previous patterns, this is it. And you'd think playing overseas is even less likely now that she has a child.

Given all that, and the incentive to prove herself on a new team after pretty much setting fire to every bridge behind her on her way out of Dallas, I kinda think she'll play. This could even be a good format for Phoenix if their key players all participate. Taurasi doesn't have as long to break down and Griner might have fewer distractions. Could work out for them.

I'd be shocked if Hartley didn't show up to collect her $.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/28/20 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Every Mercury player has been at practice except for Alanna Smith who just arrived in Phoenix today. Odds are looking like the Mercury will be at full strength this season.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 06/28/20 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Every Mercury player has been at practice except for Alanna Smith who just arrived in Phoenix today. Odds are looking like the Mercury will be at full strength this season.

It wouldn’t shock me if PHX were to win the whole thing this year. This plays out favorably for them.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Merc hire Chas Melvin as assistant

PostPosted: 07/06/20 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

cool. so nice to see ex-players reappear in coaching!

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/20 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was never a big fan of One Eyed Chas as a player. She might be a good coach, though.

PostPosted: 07/06/20 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Penny Taylor steps down as assistant

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/07/20 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I was never a big fan of One Eyed Chas as a player. She might be a good coach, though.

Please, don't bring up one of the most disgusting injuries in WNBA history. Eww!

PostPosted: 07/07/20 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:

Please, don't bring up one of the most disgusting injuries in WNBA history. Eww!

Wasn't it though? Yikes!! Glad to see her back and working in the league!

pilight

PostPosted: 07/07/20 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:

At least I didn't post the picture Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 07/09/20 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know, my play throughs on 2k with the Merc have been pretty successful with this lineup:

Diggins-Smith/Hartley
Taurasi/Walker-Kimberough
Cunningham/Coffey
Breland/Turner/Smith
Griner/Vaughn

I really would prefer to keep DT at the 2 rather than the 3.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/09/20 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
You know, my play throughs on 2k with the Merc have been pretty successful with this lineup:

Diggins-Smith/Hartley
Taurasi/Walker-Kimberough
Cunningham/Coffey
Breland/Turner/Smith
Griner/Vaughn

I really would prefer to keep DT at the 2 rather than the 3.

Ive used

Diggins
Taurasi
SWK
Breland
Griner

A surprisingly good team with there Bubble rosters on 2K has been LA . The depth is just crazy.

PostPosted: 07/09/20 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I usually do

Skylar
Hartley
Taurasi
Breland
Griner

Although...Hartley doesn't start because Sue Bird is a member of the Phoenix Mercury on my 2k Laughing

PostPosted: 07/09/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I usually do

Skylar
Hartley
Taurasi
Breland
Griner

Although...Hartley doesn't start because Sue Bird is a member of the Phoenix Mercury on my 2k Laughing

Looks like Breland will lead them in rebounds.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/09/20 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
I usually do

Skylar
Hartley
Taurasi
Breland
Griner

Looks like Breland will lead them in rebounds.

That part and 2K won’t let me start Hartley and Diggins if I adjust the line ups the coach will automatically bench Hartley but still give her starter minutes at the PG Sliding diggins to the 2.

PostPosted: 07/11/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It has been reported that neither Cunningham or Breland are in the bubble. Quite possibly these are the last two players to be identified as testing positive.

https://twitter.com/almansanarez/status/1281973593207791616?s=19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: