RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

J-Spoon: 2019 RebKell Fantasy Basketball League Champion!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/11/19 4:33 pm    ::: J-Spoon: 2019 RebKell Fantasy Basketball League Champion! Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to J-Spoon, the champion of this year's Rebkell Fantasy Basketball League!

J-Spoon defeated the team run by Mojo and Myrtle in the championship game, 138.9 to 116.9. The game was very close most of the way, with players scoring close to their yearly averages. It all came down to the final game of the RFBL season on Friday night: Chicago vs Connecticut. The Sun had already played during the week, so Jasmine Thomas's 18.9 was already in the book. All that was left were the two Chicago players: Diamond DeShields for J-Spoon, and Allie Quigley for Mojo/Myrtle.

In order to win the championship, J-Spoon needed DeShields to outscore Quigley by exactly 10 points. Over the season, DeShields averaged about 7 points a game better than Quigley, so it looked like a really interesting night for all involved. Unfortunately from a drama standpoint, it wasn't even close: Deshields put up a championship game-high 44.4 points while Quigley only scored a game-low 12.5.

The game was Mojo/myrtle's third try to beat J-Spoon, but they came up short again. They were 9-1 vs. the rest of the league, but 0-3 against J-Spoon.

Congratulations J-Spoon: there was no prize for winning, so I thought you at least deserved a thread to commemorate your victory!

Along those lines, congratulations to Randy for winning the tipping contest!

Here's the box score from the championship game:

J-Spoon 138.9, Mojo/myrtle 116.9 (FINAL)

MOJO/MYRTLE
18.9 - Jasmine Thomas, G, CONN (10 Pts, 2 Reb, 3 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 TO)
12.5 - Allie Quigley, G, CHI (9 Pts, 3 Ast, 1 TO)
29.9 - Emma Meesseman, F, WASH (13 Pts, 7 Reb, 7 Ast, 2 TO)
19.2 - Brianna Turner, F, PHOE (10 Pts, 6 Reb, 1 Blk, 1 TO)
36.4 - Brittney Griner, C, PHOE (22 Pts, 7 Reb, 4 Ast, 1 Blk, 3 TO)

J-SPOON
44.4 - Diamond DeShields, G, CHI (30 Pts, 7 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl, 3 TO)
16.0 - Kelsey Plum, G, LV (7 Pts, 5 Reb, 2 Stl, 3 TO)
28.3 - Alysha Clark, F, SEA (17 Pts, 4 Reb, 1 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 TO)
22.6 - Elizabeth Williams, FC, ATL (15 Pts, 8 Reb, 2 TO)
27.6 - Liz Cambage, C, LV (15 Pts, 3 Reb, 3 Blk)

Shades

PostPosted: 09/11/19 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We make a good team, Spooner Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/11/19 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
We make a good team, Spooner Wink

I'm sure you would have taken credit if my team had won too, Shades (actually we were middle of the pack and went out in the first round of the playoffs)!

After all, a little while after you said
Shades wrote:
On another note, I can’t believe people are starting to take bench players in order to avoid taking Minnesota starters. Only one Minnesota player taken to this point. Confused

My next pick was announced by the following post:
NYSports56 wrote:
Well, I hope I don't take your player Adam...oops, my cat knocked off my tin foil hat...AND I CAN SEE CLEARLY THAT I MUST TAKE A MINNESOTA PLAYER AS SHADES COMMANDED. NOT ENOUGH MINNESOTA PLAYERS ARE BEING DRAFTED SO I WILL TAKE NEPHEESA COLLIER, WHO IS NOT AS GOOD AS MAYA MOORE BUT IS STILL BETTER THAN ANY PLAYER NOT ON MINNESOTA. GO LYNX GO YOU ARE MY FAVORITE TEAM, OH LOOK, A SHINY HAT...woah! But yeah, since I can't decide amongst the remaining veterans, that seems like a good idea.

With the 7th pick of the 6th round, NYSports selects Nepheesa Collier, F, MINN. And I am saying that of my own free will!

So I've got you to thank, Shades: Collier is my favorite active WNBA player, and the Lynx are now my 2nd team. And I am saying that of my own free will!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: