RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 292
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Am I wrong for thinking if Dangerfield is available at #9 we take her and drop BMW? She’s a fan favorite and all but we need wins and they will come at a minimum this year I’m sure.


LMAO, "Fan favorite"....you mean because the crowd erupts because her 2/10 3pt attempts finally goes in 🤫


BMW is definitely a fan favorite she’s not physically gifted but she works hard and actually contributed last season in a few games. Either way I’m staying Dangerfield would be a better back up option . Our Insurance policies have all been resigned now let’s hope the casino cashes us in very sooooon . Cool


🤓


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9141
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins is gone finally

We now have Picks # 2 , 5 & 7 . Hoping Early declarers rear their pretty faces this draft.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21831
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Diggins is gone finally

We now have Picks # 2 , 5 & 7 . Hoping Early declarers rear their pretty faces this draft.

And 9. It's too many. They have to find a way to consolidate some of their players and picks into upgrades. Otherwise they're just going to end up cutting people - quite possibly including whoever they'd take with a couple of those picks.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5212
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless the Ndour for #9 was a hoax.

EDIT: Nvm, mistaken. Embarassed



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?


Last edited by mavcarter on 02/12/20 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 618
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Diggins is gone finally

We now have Picks # 2 , 5 & 7 . Hoping Early declarers rear their pretty faces this draft.

And 9. It's too many. They have to find a way to consolidate some of their players and picks into upgrades. Otherwise they're just going to end up cutting people - quite possibly including whoever they'd take with a couple of those picks.


New York should now try trading Tina Charles here, especially since an Agler-led Dallas team would utilize her at the 5, which is still a position of need for the Wings. No doubt the Wings will be making at least one more trade if not a couple more now with Diggins-Smith out of the way. Phoenix has no more real assets to be able to get Charles - Dallas has allllll of them now.




Last edited by Stormeo on 02/12/20 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53494



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas has been signing a lot of low impact players. The only team that might need draft picks worse than them is probably ATL.

#6 for #7 + #9? Only if free agency doesn’t go well.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9712



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Diggins is gone finally

We now have Picks # 2 , 5 & 7 . Hoping Early declarers rear their pretty faces this draft.

And 9. It's too many. They have to find a way to consolidate some of their players and picks into upgrades. Otherwise they're just going to end up cutting people - quite possibly including whoever they'd take with a couple of those picks.


Maybe New York tries trading Tina Charles here, especially since an Agler-led Dallas team would utilize her at the 5, which is still a position of need for the Wings. No doubt the Wings will be making at least one more trade if not a couple more now with Diggins-Smith out of the way.


Can't see Charles wanting to go from a rebuilding team to a perpetually rebuilding team.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 618
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Diggins is gone finally

We now have Picks # 2 , 5 & 7 . Hoping Early declarers rear their pretty faces this draft.

And 9. It's too many. They have to find a way to consolidate some of their players and picks into upgrades. Otherwise they're just going to end up cutting people - quite possibly including whoever they'd take with a couple of those picks.


Maybe New York tries trading Tina Charles here, especially since an Agler-led Dallas team would utilize her at the 5, which is still a position of need for the Wings. No doubt the Wings will be making at least one more trade if not a couple more now with Diggins-Smith out of the way.


Can't see Charles wanting to go from a rebuilding team to a perpetually rebuilding team.


True, but maybe everyone in the league thinks the dust has now settled in Dallas, and to me the Wings look further ahead of their rebuild than the Liberty, for what it's worth. With Charles, I'd guess that they'd be an offense-oriented team, but still led by a defense-oriented championship-winning coach. I wouldn't be writing them off so soon with Charles, but I certainly can understand why others still would.


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5970



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And away we go!

1. NY Ionescu
2. Dallas Sabally
3. Indiana Cox
4. Atlanta Carter
5. Dallas Hebard
6. Minnesota Harris or Dangerfield
7. Dallas Harris or Dangerfield

There's more changes to come but why not bring on some controversy in the mean time?


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 292
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Diggins is gone finally

We now have Picks # 2 , 5 & 7 . Hoping Early declarers rear their pretty faces this draft.


😎


Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 618
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'know what? Trading a Skylar Diggins-Smith who wanted out for essentially two 2020 single-digit first-round picks and Astou Ndour - that's really not too bad, all in all. Now, they need to go after a star player just to get rid of all those assets, they've got so gosh dang many... I suggested Charles but maybe there's someone else out there.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5370



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah Dallas did better in the Diggins trade than I expected


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60285
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if New York would trade #1 for #2 and #7



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5370



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I wonder if New York would trade #1 for #2 and #7


I hope not

I doubt they would do it for 2 and 5 either

I think ionescu is NY plan for the future


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53494



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I wonder if New York would trade #1 for #2 and #7


This is pilight’s way of disrespecting Ionescu.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 618
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
I wonder if New York would trade #1 for #2 and #7


This is pilight’s way of disrespecting Ionescu.


Nah, it's a valid thing to wonder. If I'm New York and I've got Dallas on Line-1, I tell the receptionist to put 'em through. I first demand the whole farm, and see how Dallas responds. Dallas won't give up the whole farm for this year's #1, but maybe they give up much of it. They have a lot. If they offer a premium basket like #2, Stevens, and #5/7/Thornton/Gray/Ndour? I'd pull the trigger. This isn't a flat-out untradeable #1 Pick like Stewart or Griner was imo.


mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5212
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
This isn't a flat-out untradeable #1 Pick like Stewart or Griner was imo.


She’s a potential franchise cornerstone. That’s damn near close to being un-tradeable, IMO.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3514
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone please help me with my arithmetic. Does the Dallas Wings currently have SIX post players signed to their team? Exactly how many 2020 draft picks do they have? Training camp will definitely be a fun experience. I can see Agler telling the troops this statement. Look at the two players to left and look at the two players to your right. They will probably not be here for the first game of the season. Laughing
What is even more delicious is that the 2020 mock draft website has Dallas drafting FOUR post players! Laughing



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20824



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Someone please help me with my arithmetic. Does the Dallas Wings currently have SIX post players signed to their team? Exactly how many 2020 draft picks do they have? Training camp will definitely be a fun experience. I can see Agler telling the troops this statement. Look at the two players to left and look at the two players to your right. They will probably not be here for the first game of the season. Laughing
What is even more delicious is that the 2020 mock draft website has Dallas drafting FOUR post players! Laughing


Dallas has, under contract, Harrison, McGee-Stafford, Gustafson, Anigwe, Stevens & Thorton for post players. Thornton was their starting SF though. Makes me believe they're letting Glory Johnson go elsewhere unless there's more trades coming. Anigwe & Gustafson are under rookie contracts and (I don't believe) are guaranteed.

PG: Jefferson/draft pick(#7 or #9)
SG: Ogunbowale/Gray/Hill
SF: #2 pick(Sabally)/Thorton/Davis/Samuelson
PF: Stevens/#5 pick(Hebert)
C: Harrison/McGee-Stafford/Gustafson/Anigwe/draft pick(#7 or #9)

That's 16 there. Add in their second round picks(#15 & #21). That's 18. Six cuts. Dallas should deal some players.

Draftsite.com has been updating daily and their order & picks see updated as of now.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9712



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Someone please help me with my arithmetic. Does the Dallas Wings currently have SIX post players signed to their team? Exactly how many 2020 draft picks do they have? Training camp will definitely be a fun experience. I can see Agler telling the troops this statement. Look at the two players to left and look at the two players to your right. They will probably not be here for the first game of the season. Laughing
What is even more delicious is that the 2020 mock draft website has Dallas drafting FOUR post players! Laughing


Dallas has, under contract, Harrison, McGee-Stafford, Gustafson, Anigwe, Stevens & Thorton for post players. Thornton was their starting SF though. Makes me believe they're letting Glory Johnson go elsewhere unless there's more trades coming. Anigwe & Gustafson are under rookie contracts and (I don't believe) are guaranteed.

PG: Jefferson/draft pick(#7 or #9)
SG: Ogunbowale/Gray/Hill
SF: #2 pick(Sabally)/Thorton/Davis/Samuelson
PF: Stevens/#5 pick(Hebert)
C: Harrison/McGee-Stafford/Gustafson/Anigwe/draft pick(#7 or #9)

That's 16 there. Add in their second round picks(#15 & #21). That's 18. Six cuts. Dallas should deal some players.

Draftsite.com has been updating daily and their order & picks see updated as of now.


I'd see Cox or Sabally being picked No. 2 and playing the 4 position most of the time.

Seems like they will end up cutting some of those draft picks, even one of the 5, 7, or 9. It seems very unlikely 15 or 21 make the team. So they need to make some trades.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3514
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Someone please help me with my arithmetic. Does the Dallas Wings currently have SIX post players signed to their team? Exactly how many 2020 draft picks do they have? Training camp will definitely be a fun experience. I can see Agler telling the troops this statement. Look at the two players to left and look at the two players to your right. They will probably not be here for the first game of the season. Laughing
What is even more delicious is that the 2020 mock draft website has Dallas drafting FOUR post players! Laughing


Dallas has, under contract, Harrison, McGee-Stafford, Gustafson, Anigwe, Stevens & Thorton for post players. Thornton was their starting SF though. Makes me believe they're letting Glory Johnson go elsewhere unless there's more trades coming. Anigwe & Gustafson are under rookie contracts and (I don't believe) are guaranteed.

PG: Jefferson/draft pick(#7 or #9)
SG: Ogunbowale/Gray/Hill
SF: #2 pick(Sabally)/Thorton/Davis/Samuelson
PF: Stevens/#5 pick(Hebert)
C: Harrison/McGee-Stafford/Gustafson/Anigwe/draft pick(#7 or #9)

That's 16 there. Add in their second round picks(#15 & #21). That's 18. Six cuts. Dallas should deal some players.

Draftsite.com has been updating daily and their
order & picks see updated as of now.

Did N'dour get traded again? Smile



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21831
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dallas should deal some players.

It's a much smaller list once you remove everyone who's worth virtually nothing though. Something like:

Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
Thornton
Harrison/Stevens
Ndour

You're not getting much for any of the ones I cut off. There's actually more room for all those draft picks than I initially thought - they've just got most of their training camp signings done earlier than everybody else.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/


Last edited by Richyyy on 02/12/20 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5370



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They also got N'Dour from Chicago though she might only be a part-time player

Still feels like another big move is in order

How about Stevens and #2 for Deshields

Jefferson Ogunbowale Deshields NDour Harrison
7Dangerfield, Gray, 5Holmes Thorton Anigwe IMS 9 or Gustafson


StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10505
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the UC Davis Aggies website, Morgan Bertsch signed a contract with the Dallas Wings...

Quote:
The 2019 graduate with a degree in biomedical engineering returns to the franchise that selected her in the third round (29th pick overall) of the 2019 WNBA Draft after spending the winter with Spartak Vidnoe in the Russian Professional Basketball League. Bertsch was the first UC Davis player to be drafted by a WNBA club and the first from a Big West Conference school since 2011.


The rest of the article...
https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2020/2/11/womens-basketball-bertsch-inks-contract-with-wnbas-dallas-wings.aspx



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9712



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She has a degree in biomedical engineering and want to play basketball?



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin