RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 05/23/20 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karlie Samuelson is the next cut easily. The last cut should be Mabrey instead of one of Anigwe/Gustafson.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/23/20 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
2 spots left between Gustafson, Anigwe, Kar. Samuelson and Mabrey

I say K. Sam & Meg are next!

Interesting, since the Wings signed her to a three year deal, albeit un-guaranteed.

Would you keep her over Anigwe who is by FAR more athletic, faster, more mobile, plays more aggressive and is a full inch at minimum, taller?

All that means nothing if she can’t do anything with it.

What's Meg's unique talent that justifies keeping her over Anigwe?

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/23/20 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Interesting, since the Wings signed her to a three year deal, albeit un-guaranteed.

Would you keep her over Anigwe who is by FAR more athletic, faster, more mobile, plays more aggressive and is a full inch at minimum, taller?

At this point, her post game is better and she’s got the ability to hit a midrange jumper. I’m sure there are more considering one was offered and signed to an extension and the other was not.

Another point is efficiency. They both averaged about the same amount of minutes per game, with Anigwe taking more shots but not with good efficiency. Gustafson shot 49% (27-55) from the field and 90% (18-20) from the free throw line. In comparison, Anigwe shot 32% or 22-68 from the field and 68 percent (22-32) from the free throw line. Megan also scored more points and grabbed nearly as many rebounds despite playing in two fewer games.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/23/20 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

At this point, her post game is better and she’s got the ability to hit a midrange jumper. I’m sure there are more considering one was offered and signed to an extension and the other was not.

Anigwe's still under her rookie scale contract, Gustafson isn't because she was cut, hence had to sign a new deal. Giving her more than the minimum could be considered a sign of faith in Gustafson, but there's no real parallel between her contract and Anigwe's. No one's been in a position to 'extend' anything.

PostPosted: 05/24/20 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

DFDub we are on the same page. The Gustafson love is old and it’s time for her skills to speak louder than her fans. Imagine Gustafson trying to Guard Griner, Cambage ,Fowles! It never happened because she cannot. Anigwe cannot either but if last season means anything agler trusted her more. Gustafson gets the spirit award bc she works hard , but the physical tools aren’t there. It’s not her fault . If the other fans like her so much they should sign her.

PostPosted: 05/24/20 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe certainly did a good job of stopping Griner last season. Her D was so good Griner didn't score for 3 games. And she is fast - at least if she's running backwards.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/24/20 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was just about to post that there's this part of the game called "defense" that's pretty important.

Anigwe has her flaws, but it would seem -- without analyzing the film -- that she should be a better, more versatile defender. And if you're just playing someone for a few minutes, it's often the case that you can more easily live with offensive deficiencies than defensive ones.

PostPosted: 05/24/20 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a long, long time ago, but does anyone else remember the pages of debate that went on over who was better, Erin Grant or Megan Duffy? Not that I'm drawing a parallel or anything...

PostPosted: 05/24/20 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It was a long, long time ago, but does anyone else remember the pages of debate that went on over who was better, Erin Grant or Megan Duffy? Not that I'm drawing a parallel or anything...

in this case, there's not much else to talk about...in the W sense.

- Amanda Gorman
lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/24/20 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I don't even remember her, but apparently a lot of people thought Grant was going to go in the 1st Round and maybe as high as #5. Poor girl went in the 3rd Round. But she must have been a star with how much people talked and made threads about her

For Memory Sake:

Erin Grant and Megan Duffy

WNBA Bust
(Throws a little Shona Thornburn in the mix with Grant)

Lots of threads made about her when she didn't get drafted high.
THANK GOODNESS! ERIN GRANT TO SEATTLE! Laughing

And the devastating news of her being released.
Grant waived by the Storm

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/24/20 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="TotalCardinalMove"]
DFWub2018 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Another point is efficiency. They both averaged about the same amount of minutes per game, with Anigwe taking more shots but not with good efficiency. Gustafson shot 49% (27-55) from the field and 90% (18-20) from the free throw line. In comparison, Anigwe shot 32% or 22-68 from the field and 68 percent (22-32) from the free throw line. Megan also scored more points and grabbed nearly as many rebounds despite playing in two fewer games.[/quote

Valid points 😢

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/24/20 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

DFDub we are on the same page. The Gustafson love is old and it’s time for her skills to speak louder than her fans. Imagine Gustafson trying to Guard Griner, Cambage ,Fowles! It never happened because she cannot. Anigwe cannot either but if last season means anything agler trusted her more. Gustafson gets the spirit award bc she works hard , but the physical tools aren’t there. It’s not her fault . If the other fans like her so much they should sign her.

Can we holdout long enough for Brittany Brewer & Beatrice M. to get cut so we can pick either one up or is that not being realistic???

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/25/20 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day in the W. A lot of cuts and a lot of good players imo.

PostPosted: 05/25/20 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 05/26/20 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://wings.wnba.com/news/wings-trade-anigwe-waive-karlie-samuelson/

Quote:
The Dallas Wings have traded Kristine Anigwe and the team’s 2021 third round pick to the Los Angeles Sparks for a second-round pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft.

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Gray/Mabrey
Sabally/KLSamuelson
Thornton/Alarie
Ndour/Harrison/Gustafson

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/26/20 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe getting passed around like a hot potato.

PostPosted: 05/26/20 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Omg, KLS really made her own sister expendable. Embarassed I’m actually more shocked about Agler parting with K-Sam (and potentially causing friction with KLS in the process) than the Anigwe trade tbh. Also, this must mean Ndour is officially planning on showing up...

Last edited by Stormeo on 05/26/20 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 05/26/20 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was thinking they might actually be keeping Karlie Samuelson(over Mabrey), but that didn't happen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/26/20 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Omg, KLS really made her own sister expendable. Embarassed I’m actually more shocked about Agler parting with K-Sam (and potentially causing friction with KLS in the process) than the Anigwe trade tbh. Also, this must mean Ndour is officially planning on showing up...

I'm praying they sign Beatrice M. and let go of Meagan....keeping my fingers crossed😎

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/20 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I'm praying they sign Beatrice M. and let go of Meagan....keeping my fingers crossed😎

At this point I’d hope this is the next move . I honesty can’t fathom the idea of Gus anchoring us in the post. I think I may need to move to Atlanta with Chennedy Laughing

PostPosted: 05/26/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

At this point I’d hope this is the next move . I honesty can’t fathom the idea of Gus anchoring us in the post. I think I may need to move to Atlanta with Chennedy Laughing

So #WFFL may become #DFFL*? #Fickle..... Smile

*Or at least #DFFNow.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/26/20 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Ping Pong to Ping Pong? Oof Laughing Razz

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/26/20 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I was hoping for B. Brewer as well, but since that didn't happen, I'm hoping someone in the organization has enough common sense to grab Beatrice, but I seriously doubt they have the guts to do it, too worried about the backlash all the way up in Iowa...like give me a f-in break!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/20 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

So #WFFL may become #DFFL*? #Fickle..... Smile

*Or at least #DFFNow.

Naw it’s jus DaFuk Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 05/26/20 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Ping Pong to Ping Pong? Oof Laughing Razz

I was going to say Minnesota , but that would be the same Ping pongs too huh Wink Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: