RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you think everybody he mentioned is sticking around for next year?
I still don’t understand how he’s going to put Jefferson, Ogunbowale, Diggins, and Gray all together. That’s what some reporter needs to ask Bibb. I’m talking about a good reporter and I don’t think the Wings have one. It’s kinda like getting good information from the Liberty.

Other teams have signed contract extensions for players. Why hasn’t Dallas? They have Diggins and Glory Johnson with no contracts. As it stands now, only one of them could be cored.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/14/19 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/1073543669324005/posts/2730498200295202?sfns=mo

Just in case you’d like to hear the horse speak about 2020 for our Dallas’s wings. I’m so many ways you can tell who won’t be around next season and who will. Jefferson’s not being traded so that’s out, I think KD has seen her last days in a wings uniform.

I probably won't listen to it but will take your word for it,

Any likelihood Glory, Stevens or Thornton would be on the block?

Or going for it next year and trading the lottery pick or later first round pick or a pick/player combo for a veteran or up and comer with more seasoning?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/1073543669324005/posts/2730498200295202?sfns=mo

Just in case you’d like to hear the horse speak about 2020 for our Dallas’s wings. I’m so many ways you can tell who won’t be around next season and who will. Jefferson’s not being traded so that’s out, I think KD has seen her last days in a wings uniform.

I wouldn't mind if the Dream pick her up so long as its a reasonable deal.

Why? Davis has never been good.

I think Davis amongst others would be a good fit on contenders as 9th- or 10th-player types. She would do better in a subdued role - one where she's asked to do one or two specific things - rather than the role she had on Dallas where she had to do a lot of things she just can't do (run point, score off the dribble, be a part-time starter in general).
I think her best path to staying in the league is as a limited-minute 3-and-D SF. As a Storm fan, I wouldn't mind her on our team as such - she could learn some things from Clark. And y'all don't even have to cut her, we'll just give ya KML for her Wink

As for the vid (Thanks, 09), I wonder about Hill's future. Before she tore her ACL as a Mystic, the one skill she developed quite well was getting to the free throw line (and converting). She wouldn't have fared well this year, it's unknown how she would fare going forward if the refs still wanna limit calls, and she's probably not gonna seek contact as much given her injury history. She wasn't great at shooting, so unless she really digs deep in being more of a shooter... I don't know how she even stays on the Wings next year (given the buy-out possibility), let alone after her contract's up if they were to just keep her. I'm seeing Monica Wright parallels in Hill Sad

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/13/19 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
she had to do a lot of things she just can't do (run point, score off the dribble, be a part-time starter in general)

Nobody seems to be able to identify anything she can do

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
she had to do a lot of things she just can't do (run point, score off the dribble, be a part-time starter in general)

She had some semblance of a 3-point shot in her first year (limited sample size, but still). At one point this year it was in the high 30s percentage-wise, but looking at it now, it's only 31% Confused Before the last six games of this season, Davis was above 35% from 3...
Still, the Storm's time with KML has run its course imo and I'd be willing to give Davis a look on our team (though admittedly my takes are hottest when I dissect my own team, so take what I say involving the Storm with a grain of salt Laughing ). I have to think Davis would at least be a step up from KML defensively, if nothing else but because of her length.

Shades wrote:
I still don’t understand how he’s going to put Jefferson, Ogunbowale, Diggins, and Gray all together. That’s what some reporter needs to ask Bibb. I’m talking about a good reporter and I don’t think the Wings have one. It’s kinda like getting good information from the Liberty.

Other teams have signed contract extensions for players. Why hasn’t Dallas? They have Diggins and Glory Johnson with no contracts. As it stands now, only one of them could be cored.

I remember when Nia Coffey was in Vegas that first year and Laimbeer said at one point that she was the team's most "pleasant surprise". One year later...
Hill is as good as gone, seeing that Dallas apparently has the most cap space for next year and can afford to outright cut her (thanks to Pilight for the link reference). They might give her time in training camp just to make sure, or see if any team will be unwise enough to show any interest in her, but her agent would be just as unwise to accept a buy-out unless Hill really thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.
Diggins-Smith will start at PG or SG, depending on if the team's better with Jefferson or Ogunbowale starting next to her. The odd one out can come off the bench and spell one of them (Ogunbowale is now a CG since she's learned how to run point, aka call her own number or create for others). As for Gray, she had a couple good games off the bench and could spell the SG starter; or if she's even close to her 6' listed height (I have seen her listed at 5'10 back in college [unless she grew since then?]), she could challenge Thornton or someone else for the starting SF spot.
I'd be shocked if they didn't core Diggins-Smith, their unquestioned leader. As for Johnson, they can risk letting her walk. A) The Wings have a gluttony of posts, and while Johnson's one of the better ones, this was arguably her worst season out of seven - career-lows in PPG, FG%, FT%, and RPG (all of which are crucial stats for posts). Career-high in 3PT%, but that's arguably the most volatile stat out of all the main ones. B) Johnson apparently has a home in the Dallas area. She might be settled there with her twins, and it'd be tougher on them all having to move/live somewhere else if she signed elsewhere.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/14/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't see any way that Ogunbowale doesn't start ... she's a brilliant offensive player who should be better in year two, and to bring her off the bench would be a serious insult.

Jefferson, given her history, can come off the bench with no ego bruises.

PostPosted: 09/14/19 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

* The only legit starters on Dallas are Ogunbowale and Diggins.

* Over the last 3 seasons Jefferson has missed 65 out of a possible 102 games. She's too injury prone to just be given a starters spot.

* Stevenson could be a starter once she gets healthy, but that remains to be seen.

* Gray, Thornton, Hill and Harrison are all backups.

* IMS and Davis could be starters but they just lack the consistency and effort.

* Glory Johnson is no longer starter material. Despite developing a three point shot, her overall game has steadily declined. Glory's offensive rebounding, FT attempts and FG% have seen huge drops. Johnson's fg% has dropped from 46% to 36%%...off rebs from nearly 3 per game to just 1...FT attempts from near 6 per game to less than 1 ( 24 FT att in 28 games this season)

What I'd like to see Dallas do is:

* Let Glory walk. She really has no trade value at this point.

* Cut/trade Hill. There's no room for hill on this roster, She's not a starter and Gray is better

* Offer Ndour a max contract. Ndour is a legit starting PF...Sorry Sky fans...Chicago and Dallas are my two favorite teams

* Offer Copper a near max contract. Copper is 6'1, athletic,can get her own shot, runs the floor and can play defense. The only problem with Copper is that she's an inconsistent shooter, but how many sg/sf aren't?

* Draft the best player available. I'm almost hoping Dallas gets the #2 pick becuase I'd hate to see Arike go to the bench, and I don't think Ionescu at SF would work.

* Offer IMS an incentive laden contract. Maybe this will motivate Imani to play hard every game.

G- Diggins
G- Ogunbowale
C- IMS
F- Ndour
F- Copper
6- 1st rd pk
7- Stevenson
8- Thornton
9- Gray
10- Jefferson
11- Harrison
12 - Davis

I'd tentatively start IMS at center until we find out who our lottery pick is. Just because Imani starts does not mean she's going to play more than 20 minutes. I'd pull Imani when she's not giving effort or playing poorly.

If Dallas end up with the 4th pk and Carter nor Sabally declares for the darft,I'd seriously consider trading the #4 pk & Davis to LA for Brown & LA's 2022 1st rd pk........If a trade for Brown did happen, Dallas would forgo signing IMS.

G- Diggins
G- Ogunbowale
C- Brown
F- Ndour
F- Copper

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/14/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

She had some semblance of a 3-point shot in her first year (limited sample size, but still). At one point this year it was in the high 30s percentage-wise, but looking at it now, it's only 31% Confused Before the last six games of this season, Davis was above 35% from 3...
Still, the Storm's time with KML has run its course imo and I'd be willing to give Davis a look on our team (though admittedly my takes are hottest when I dissect my own team, so take what I say involving the Storm with a grain of salt Laughing ). I have to think Davis would at least be a step up from KML defensively, if nothing else but because of her length.

Shades wrote:

I remember when Nia Coffey was in Vegas that first year and Laimbeer said at one point that she was the team's most "pleasant surprise". One year later...
Hill is as good as gone, seeing that Dallas apparently has the most cap space for next year and can afford to outright cut her (thanks to Pilight for the link reference). They might give her time in training camp just to make sure, or see if any team will be unwise enough to show any interest in her, but her agent would be just as unwise to accept a buy-out unless Hill really thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.
Diggins-Smith will start at PG or SG, depending on if the team's better with Jefferson or Ogunbowale starting next to her. The odd one out can come off the bench and spell one of them (Ogunbowale is now a CG since she's learned how to run point, aka call her own number or create for others). As for Gray, she had a couple good games off the bench and could spell the SG starter; or if she's even close to her 6' listed height (I have seen her listed at 5'10 back in college [unless she grew since then?]), she could challenge Thornton or someone else for the starting SF spot.
I'd be shocked if they didn't core Diggins-Smith, their unquestioned leader. As for Johnson, they can risk letting her walk. A) The Wings have a gluttony of posts, and while Johnson's one of the better ones, this was arguably her worst season out of seven - career-lows in PPG, FG%, FT%, and RPG (all of which are crucial stats for posts). Career-high in 3PT%, but that's arguably the most volatile stat out of all the main ones. B) Johnson apparently has a home in the Dallas area. She might be settled there with her twins, and it'd be tougher on them all having to move/live somewhere else if she signed elsewhere.

Both Skylar and Glory have purchased homes in the area, so I don't see either one wanting to leave anytime soon, especially Skylar because her husband has his business up and running in downtown Dallas!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/14/19 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I can't see any way that Ogunbowale doesn't start ... she's a brilliant offensive player who should be better in year two, and to bring her off the bench would be a serious insult.

Jefferson, given her history, can come off the bench with no ego bruises.

I somewhat agree with what you are saying, however, Moriah runs the PG position better than Skylar or Arike because it's her natural position...the problem is keeping her healthy for an entire season!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/14/19 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

* Over the last 3 seasons Jefferson has missed 65 out of a possible 102 games. She's too injury prone to just be given a starters spot.

* Stevenson could be a starter once she gets healthy, but that remains to be seen.

* IMS and Davis could be starters but they just lack the consistency and effort.

* Glory Johnson is no longer starter material. Despite developing a three point shot, her overall game has steadily declined. Glory's offensive rebounding, FT attempts and FG% have seen huge drops. Johnson's fg% has dropped from 46% to 36%%...off rebs from nearly 3 per game to just 1...FT attempts from near 6 per game to less than 1 ( 24 FT att in 28 games this season)

* Cut/trade Hill. There's no room for hill on this roster, She's not a starter and Gray is better

* Offer Ndour a max contract. Ndour is a legit starting PF...Sorry Sky fans...Chicago and Dallas are my two favorite teams

* Offer Copper a near max contract. Copper is 6'1, athletic,can get her own shot, runs the floor and can play defense. The only problem with Copper is that she's an inconsistent shooter, but how many sg/sf aren't?

* Draft the best player available. I'm almost hoping Dallas gets the #2 pick becuase I'd hate to see Arike go to the bench, and I don't think Ionescu at SF would work.

* Offer IMS an incentive laden contract. Maybe this will motivate Imani to play hard every game.

G- Diggins
G- Ogunbowale
C- IMS
F- Ndour
F- Copper
6- 1st rd pk
7- Stevenson
8- Thornton
9- Gray
10- Jefferson
11- Harrison
12 - Davis

I'd tentatively start IMS at center until we find out who our lottery pick is. Just because Imani starts does not mean she's going to play more than 20 minutes. I'd pull Imani when she's not giving effort or playing poorly.

If Dallas end up with the 4th pk and Carter nor Sabally declares for the darft,I'd seriously consider trading the #4 pk & Davis to LA for Brown & LA's 2022 1st rd pk........If a trade for Brown did happen, Dallas would forgo signing IMS.

G- Diggins
G- Ogunbowale
C- Brown
F- Ndour
F- Copper

Damn that's a well thought out scenrio.....minus Davis. Nothing personal against her, but it's time to move on from that "project" and get serious about putting a winning team together, it will four years already when the next season begins!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/14/19 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

G- Diggins
G- Ogunbowale
C- IMS
F- Ndour
F- Copper
6- 1st rd pk
7- Stevenson
8- Thornton
9- Gray
10- Jefferson
11- Harrison
12 - Davis

G- Diggins
G- Ogunbowale
C- Brown
F- Ndour
F- Copper

You would keep Davis over Anigwe???

zune69

PostPosted: 09/14/19 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

I forgot about Anigwe. I'm very down on Davis. I would not keep her at the cost of Anigwe. If Dallas signed Copper I would trade/cut Davis.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/15/19 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about Dallas lucks into the #2 pick and gets Cox and Agler grabs Pivec from Or St who seems like a very Agler type of player and with a little luck, an interesting pick at 9 and a desire to play big you get something like (and you don't have to make any trades).

Diggins-Smith/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray/Pivec
Thorton/Stevens
Cox/Johnson/Anigwe
Harrison/IMS

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

I forgot about Anigwe. I'm very down on Davis. I would not keep her at the cost of Anigwe. If Dallas signed Copper I would trade/cut Davis.

All is well again 😁😁😁!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
How about Dallas lucks into the #2 pick and gets Cox and Agler grabs Pivec from Or St who seems like a very Agler type of player and with a little luck, an interesting pick at 9 and a desire to play big you get something like (and you don't have to make any trades).

Diggins-Smith/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray/Pivec
Thorton/Stevens
Cox/Johnson/Anigwe
Harrison/IMS

What is Pivec's first name so I can find video on her?

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mikaela maybe spelled different. Find her on Oregon State's roster.

She's a very understated player but has a knack for being in the right place at the right time on both sides of the ball.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/15/19 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No just no

PostPosted: 09/15/19 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nvm

PostPosted: 09/15/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Is that why you want one to cannibalize the other?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
zune69

PostPosted: 09/15/19 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:

People are giving opinions about what moves teams should make for the 2020 season. I'm I not supposed to give an unbias opinion just because I'm a fan of a team?.... Of course I hope Ndour re-signs with chicago, but that's not going to stop me from giving an honest opinion. Dallas, Phoenix and a number of other teams could use a player like Ndour.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/15/19 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:

People are giving opinions about what moves teams should make for the 2020 season. I'm I not supposed to give an unbias opinion just because I'm a fan of a team?.... Of course I hope Ndour re-signs with chicago, but that's not going to stop me from giving an honest opinion. Dallas, Phoenix and a number of other teams could use a player like Ndour.

You've done a spectacular job of reading words I did not write into my post. I simply noted the dissonance of someone who wants a team they say they like to get better at the expense of another team they also claim to like.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/15/19 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:

You've done a spectacular job of reading words I did not write into my post. I simply noted the dissonance of someone who wants a team they say they like to get better at the expense of another team they also claim to like.

No, I don't want Dallas cannibalizing Chicago.... Both players (Copper, Ndour) re-signing with Chicago would be my preference. Dallas being my favorite team has nothing to do with me wanting them to go after Ndour/Copper. The Wings are in desperate need of a all-star caliber PF and athletic SF. Going after both players makes perfect sense.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/16/19 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Mikaela maybe spelled different. Find her on Oregon State's roster.

She's a very understated player but has a knack for being in the right place at the right time on both sides of the ball.

Ok, thanks!!!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/16/19 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

No, I don't want Dallas cannibalizing Chicago.... Both players (Copper, Ndour) re-signing with Chicago would be my preference. Dallas being my favorite team has nothing to do with me wanting them to go after Ndour/Copper. The Wings are in desperate need of a all-star caliber PF and athletic SF. Going after both players makes perfect sense.

I don't dispute this: if I were a Wings fan, I would probably want Dallas to sign Ndour and/or Copper, too. The difference is, I don't claim to be a fan of two different teams, wanting my favorite team to get better by taking the good players from my so-called "second-favorite" team.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/16/19 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I don't dispute this: if I were a Wings fan, I would probably want Dallas to sign Ndour and/or Copper, too. The difference is, I don't claim to be a fan of two different teams, wanting my favorite team to get better by taking the good players from my so-called "second-favorite" team.

I completely understand your point.....Maybe what I should've said was...."If Chicago is unable to sign Ndour and/or Copper, I would love to see Dallas make them an offer"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: