RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how about

trade SDS and #9 to Atl for a cored McCoughtry (who also wants out) and #4 (Personally I think McCoughtry is better than Diggins=Smith but is also older which justifies the pick swap IMO)

then Draft Carter at 2 and Cox at 4

Carter/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
McCoughtry/Thorton
GloJo/Stevens/Anigwe
Cox/Harrison

Roster spot 12 Hill, Davis, IMS, pick #15 whatever

I know some will say not enough balls to go around for Carter, Ogunbowlae and McCoughtry, but if Agler could work it out this team could mess with the league now and in the future

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
how about

trade SDS and #9 to Atl for a cored McCoughtry (who also wants out) and #4 (Personally I think McCoughtry is better than Diggins=Smith but is also older which justifies the pick swap IMO)

Carter/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
McCoughtry/Thorton
GloJo/Stevens/Anigwe
Cox/Harrison

I know some will say not enough balls to go around for Carter, Ogunbowlae and McCoughtry, but if Agler could work it out this team could mess with the league now and in the future

I don't think I would count on Cox being available at 4.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
how about

Carter/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
McCoughtry/Thorton
GloJo/Stevens/Anigwe
Cox/Harrison

If it were up to me we would have a deal yesterday.

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
trade SDS and #9 to Atl for a cored McCoughtry (who also wants out) and #4

Good dream, now wake up. Laughing

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
trade SDS and #9 to Atl for a cored McCoughtry (who also wants out) and #4

Good dream, now wake up. Laughing

Or Bad dream bad dream? Don’t wake up Laughing

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
how about

Carter/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
McCoughtry/Thorton
GloJo/Stevens/Anigwe
Cox/Harrison

I don't think I would count on Cox being available at 4.

if Salaby comes out Cox could fall to 4 assuming Carter also comes out and goes top 3, or you could flip flop Cox at 2 Carter at 4 as Salaby seems like a much better fit in Indy than Carter does.

OK leave picks out SDS for McCoughtry (or Hayes if Angel stays in Atl) doesn't seem too far off to me and Dallas would still have #2 and #9 to add to a core of

Ogunbowale/Jefferson
Gray/Davis
McCoughtry/Thorton
GloJo/Stevens
Harrison/Anigwe

#2 and #9 Dallas still looks OK IMO

pilight

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I suspect you'd get more takers than not among Dream fans

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

trade SDS and #9 to Atl for a cored McCoughtry

Diggins wants to go where it works best for her family, not for where it works best for Dallas. Is ATL going to be that place? I doubt it. What’s the connection?

J-Spoon wrote:

Cox and Dallas are a match made in heaven. They have to stop screwing up. Draft Cox at #2.

Sabally not likely to enter early.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/27/20 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I suspect you'd get more takers than not among Dream fans

Might as well wait until tomorrow and see if they actually cored her before worrying about it. All becomes a bit moot if they didn't.

PostPosted: 01/27/20 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand the thinking that SDS wants a big market for her other off the court interests like LA or NY but ATL is kind of blowing up as a fashion, music, media town. I could definitely see Diggins-Smith making her out of basketball mark in the ATL.

And if Atl decides to not core Angel, Hayes and/or the #4 pick would also offer some decent return to Dallas.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/27/20 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No core designation for Angel: https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1221975749210595330?s=20

PostPosted: 01/27/20 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
No core designation for Angel: https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1221975749210595330?s=20

Doesn't mean she won't be back or can't be traded. Dream can (if they wish) top any offer she gets by 30k. If Angel wants to leave badly enough to give that up then she must really want to go. In the past coring was worth more because teams had no other leverage. Now they have some.

Dream maybe figured they didn't want to commit to her until they see how she is playing overseas, what other offers she gets, and what other players they might be able to sign.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/20 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Hayes and/or the #4 pick would also offer some decent return to Dallas.

Hayes is signed under the old max through 2021. Why give that up?
With ATL letting McCoughtry go for free, they’re looking as bad as Dallas in decision making. It’s a good team to avoid unless you’re desperate for a spot.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/27/20 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Hayes and/or the #4 pick would also offer some decent return to Dallas.

Hayes is signed under the old max through 2021. Why give that up?
With ATL letting McCoughtry go for free, they’re looking as bad as Dallas in decision making. It’s a good team to avoid unless you’re desperate for a spot.

I have to agree

While I still think Atlanta would have some off court appeal to Skylar

Joining the Dream without Angel makes very little sense for SDS basketball-wise

maybe if the trade is something like E. Will and #4 for SDS and #9

but yeah Atlanta just became less appealing on the court by letting Angel go for nothing especially if they have to give up hayes or the draft pick to get Sky via trade.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/27/20 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Angel gone, I doubt Atlanta will be in the market for Diggins

PostPosted: 01/27/20 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My new favorite trade idea is

SDS for K. Brown and 2021 1st round pick

SDS can joining C. Gray in LA's backcourt a very lets contend kind of move

And Dallas gets a true big who fits the new timeline better
and a future 1st round pick considering they all ready have a lot of depth and two 1st rounders coming in
LA still has plenty of bigd if both Vadeeva and Chiney are on board
and Dallas can enjoy the reuniting of Cox and Brown story line

Ogunbowale/Jefferson
Gray/Davis/#9 Cooper or Martin
Stevens/Thorton
Cox/Johnson/Anigwe
Brown/Harrison

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/27/20 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
how about

Carter/Jefferson
Ogunbowale/Gray
McCoughtry/Thorton
GloJo/Stevens/Anigwe
Cox/Harrison

I'll buy that!!!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/27/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I don't think that's enough for Dallas to be interested. Brown showed next to nothing last season, and that pick - given LA's current talent level and general history - is likely to be crap. You'd have to be super-high on Brown to be interested in an offer like that.

PostPosted: 01/27/20 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I don't think that's enough for Dallas to be interested. Brown showed next to nothing last season, and that pick - given LA's current talent level and general history - is likely to be crap. You'd have to be super-high on Brown to be interested in an offer like that.

yeah that is kind of the flaw with that trade

it is betting more on potential than actuality

Ogunbowlae, Stevens, Cox and Brown with probably another lottery pick and late first rounder in 2021 could be awesome though in 2023 when the current stars of the 3 to see and older are on the decline or out of the league.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/27/20 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

The problem is, if Diggins-Smith says she will only play for LA (or whoever), then Dallas won't really have an option to get more than that. History in this league shows that when a player demands a specific destination, they get traded for side pieces.

And history shows that Dallas won't have the fortitude to make her just sit out. No team has. Chicago tried that, and giving in when they did made their position even weaker.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/28/20 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

About the SDS for Angel trade, is that based on trying to win now or do you think 33 year old Angel has many good years ahead of her?
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/20 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If any team is known for not giving a D*mn about a players demands or destinations we all should know by now ...

PostPosted: 01/28/20 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

SDS can joining C. Gray in LA's backcourt a very lets contend kind of move

Adding a third player who needs the ball in her hands to Chelsea Gray and Candace Parker is not the best basketball decision.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I am Phoenix, I am looking at Skylar Diggins-Smith. Taurasi is likely done after 2020. Bonner is 32 years old. Phoenix has younger players who can develop -- Sophie Cunningham, Alanna Smith, and Brianna Turner -- but that will take time and a point guard to get them the ball.

At PG is Briann January, who just turned 33. Leilani Mitchell (free agent) turns 35 this year. January has been slowly winding down. Mitchell had a re-birth last year in winning MIP (again) - necessitated by Taurasi's absence and other injuries, which forced her into a starting role - but she is not on the uptick of her career.

Diggins can be an inconsistent shooter, but she is also someone who can create shots, for herself and others. And while she turns 30 this year, she is younger in basketball years, having missed most of 2015 (injury) and all of 2019 (childbirth).

The 2020 salary cap will be $1.3 million, up from $996,100 in 2019. To date, Phoenix has $378,044 in salary committed to five players - January, Taurasi, Cunningham, Smith, and Turner (per High Post Hoops, as of its November 2019 update). Griner has been cored, and Bonner is a free agent; if both players are at the maximum ($215,000), that puts Phoenix at $‭808,044‬, with seven players signed.

That leaves ‭$491,956, for five players (for a roster of 12).

If, as Richyy says, sign-and-trade deals involving UFAs are permitted, then I wonder if Phoenix and Dallas would consider:

--- Phoenix gets Skylar Diggins-Smith
--- Dallas gets #5 pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft and Leilani Mitchell.

The draft pick is worth a lot more if players like Satou Sabally, Chennedy Carter, Megan Walker, Aari McDonald, and/or Destiny Slocum decide to leave early; realistically, however, I can only see a maximum of two of those five leaving early).

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
If, as Richyy says, sign-and-trade deals involving UFAs are permitted, then I wonder if Phoenix and Dallas would consider:

--- Phoenix gets Skylar Diggins-Smith
--- Dallas gets #5 pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft and Leilani Mitchell.

Permitted, but there's no actual point to them unless the player's demanding 4 years and/or the 215k max. You're not giving either of those to Mitchell, so there's no reason to acquire her via sign-and-trade. If Dallas wanted her, and she wanted to go there, they could just sign her as a UFA.

If Phoenix is one of Diggins-Smith's preferred destinations then I guess #5 and one of the youngsters might get you in the conversation but there's no reason for Mitchell to be involved.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22

Jump to: