RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/28/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
She's probably unhappy because Arike has made everyone forget about her.

Who??

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/28/19 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Didn’t you feel this was going to happen with all the buzz last season? Various STH say she’s the reason that Powers was forced out. She never got on with Cambage. With Ariel, there seemed to be an elephant in the room about there not being enough opportunities for both of them. Plus they both have pretty large personalities.

Frankly, as a long suffering Sky fan and now Wings fan, I have seen enough of these forced trades against my team that if they wanna go, get what you can and move on. The team always gets the raw end. Krayveld and Thorne and the other who played two games before getting her orbit fractured. Piph for an aged pondexter, Fowles for Erica, EDD for purple hair, Cabbage for Izzie’s and Jefferson.

I once mused that these women should show altruism for the entity of basketball for Women similar to Billie Jean King and her initial band that formed the WTA. Thinking that a bit of altruism down the road may help the WNBA, the players pocketbooks and the fight for equality in general, but I have been much more cynical about the possible fruits
of such efforts.

Now for me, It really comes down to being a better organization so that people don’t want to leave, which given the personality of Bibb, that is a strike against Dallasthat will be hard to overcome. Also, better consideration of players is critical before drafting and trading. Obviously, Cox is the only consideration for the 2 pick.

I sure hope that the Wings can get something for Diggins in one player, not a bunch of pieces. The wings do not need another accessory.

I learn something new everyday...thanks for the insight!!!

Shades

PostPosted: 10/28/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t know why people think Diggins needs to act in some undesirable way in order to get away from Dallas. If she really wants to get away from them, all she has to do is tell them in a private professional manner.

Publicly acting in an undesirable manner makes her undesirable to other teams too, which works against her getting signed elsewhere. If a trade were needed to make it happen, other teams may use the situation as a reasont to not give fair value. Bibb will mostly insist on fair value.

I have a feeling Diggins is going through some kind of genuine stress. She may not even want to leave Dallas, but maybe they wouldn’t mind if she left if they could get fair value.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/28/19 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Didn’t you feel this was going to happen with all the buzz last season? Various STH say she’s the reason that Powers was forced out. She never got on with Cambage. With Ariel, there seemed to be an elephant in the room about there not being enough opportunities for both of them. Plus they both have pretty large personalities.

Frankly, as a long suffering Sky fan and now Wings fan, I have seen enough of these forced trades against my team that if they wanna go, get what you can and move on. The team always gets the raw end. Krayveld and Thorne and the other who played two games before getting her orbit fractured. Piph for an aged pondexter, Fowles for Erica, EDD for purple hair, Cabbage for Izzie’s and Jefferson.

I once mused that these women should show altruism for the entity of basketball for Women similar to Billie Jean King and her initial band that formed the WTA. Thinking that a bit of altruism down the road may help the WNBA, the players pocketbooks and the fight for equality in general, but I have been much more cynical about the possible fruits
of such efforts.

Now for me, It really comes down to being a better organization so that people don’t want to leave, which given the personality of Bibb, that is a strike against Dallasthat will be hard to overcome. Also, better consideration of players is critical before drafting and trading. Obviously, Cox is the only consideration for the 2 pick.

I sure hope that the Wings can get something for Diggins in one player, not a bunch of pieces. The wings do not need another accessory.

Which STH's stated that Diggins was the reason Power's was forced out ? Laughing Laughing Laughing She had absolutely NOTHING to do with power's exit. Change Skylar and insert Wine-O Williams and you may have been on to something. Either way Skylar is replaceable . Very much so .

PostPosted: 10/28/19 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

of such efforts.

I meant Arike in the paragraph above after the Cambage mention. Stupid autocorrect

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/28/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:

of such efforts.

Which STH's stated that Diggins was the reason Power's was forced out ? Laughing Laughing Laughing She had absolutely NOTHING to do with power's exit. Change Skylar and insert Wine-O Williams and you may have been on to something. Either way Skylar is replaceable . Very much so .

Not calling out STH’s. Just on our side of the arena.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/28/19 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Powers ask to be traded?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/28/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Tuh, all parties are no longer with the wings organization so back to Skylar being replaced?

PostPosted: 10/29/19 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Tuh, all parties are no longer with the wings organization so back to Skylar being replaced?

Wings fans - check out the UNO/ESPN thread. Chiney and EDD discuss forced trades and fan reactions. Good guide to let you know how to "welcome back" Sjylar and Cabbage when they come to town.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/29/19 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Wings fans - check out the UNO/ESPN thread. Chiney and EDD discuss forced trades and fan reactions. Good guide to let you know how to "welcome back" Sjylar and Cabbage when they come to town.

Yeah, I just watched that bs!!!

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 11/02/19 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins-Smith has new outlook after giving birth to son
By Doug Feinberg AP
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/diggins-smith-has-new-outlook-after-giving-birth-to-son/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article_inset_1.1

pilight

PostPosted: 11/02/19 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar Diggins-Smith will still fight for moms; not looking to leave Dallas Wings

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/27985563/skylar-diggins-smith-fight-moms-not-looking-leave-dallas-wings

Quote:
"Sometimes when you're not being heard, you've got to shout," she said. "I've never told the Wings that I didn't want to play for them next year. I said the conditions of our organization need to be improved. I was very transparent. We haven't had a conversation about free agency or about coring, because we don't really know [with the CBA still being negotiated].

"I've been with the organization the longest. I've always felt like I've shown loyalty to Dallas, so when I'm asking for things, that stuff should be reciprocated. I'm going to continue to fight for this."

PostPosted: 11/02/19 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I have a feeling Diggins is going through some kind of genuine stress. She may not even want to leave Dallas, but maybe they wouldn’t mind if she left if they could get fair value.

Looks like I’m right. She’s not even thinking about leaving Dallas.

Quote:
I love the city of Dallas. I’m talking about improving conditions in the WNBA for working mothers.

Odd thing is why is she complaining now, when she’s not in the WNBA and hasn’t played since Sept 2018.... although I guess there is that constant offseason umbrella of the WNBA where she does community service and whatnot. But she’s not even doing that since she’s tied with Team USA right now. They can baby her now. I wonder if she’s seen what’s going on with the CBA negotiations and wants more concessions for WNBA mothers in particular.

I dunno.... Diggins seems to think everything should revolve around what she’s going through right now. Nobody from the WNBA forced her to be a mom. It’s a decision she made. Now she has to take the responsibility and do the work. I do get that diva vibe from her. She’s like the Mariah Carey of the WNBA, except with no where near the relative talent of Mariah.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/02/19 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, it looks like ESPN was a little more thorough than Feinberg.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 11/02/19 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I highly recommend everyone read both articles. It gave me a better understanding of her situation. The disconnect seems to be where Greg Bibb thought the Wings provided adequate resources for her to deal with postpartum, but Skylar felt otherwise based on her conversations with other mom's in the league and how their franchises responded. I'm not in her shoes, so I don't have room to judge on who's right or wrong Confused I don't have a horse in this race, but I hope everything works out for her and for the Wings!

I can say one thing though, between this and the Allyson Felix ordeal, I've about had it with mansplaining Rolling Eyes Confused Arrow

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/02/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She may not be actively looking to leave the Wings, but it’s possible that she may feel later on in this offseason that her needs still aren’t being met by the organization. I’ll believe that her and the Wings’ relationship has been repaired once she actually re-signs with them.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/06/19 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Announces Recipients of Team Business Awards for 2019 Season

[T]he Dallas Wings secured the Partnership Performance of the Year Award.

https://wings.wnba.com/news/wnba-announces-recipients-of-team-business-awards-for-2019-season/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/06/19 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

https://wings.wnba.com/news/wnba-announces-recipients-of-team-business-awards-for-2019-season/

So much shade here by the league.... Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/06/19 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Indeed, the Sparks though Question Shocked

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/14/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

WNBA09,

Skylar's not gonna like this!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B40HdMEHtvg/?hl=en

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/14/19 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

WNBA09,

Laughing Laughing she's actually going to love it Tbh ! She's a supportive teammate that i wont knock her for.

PostPosted: 11/16/19 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

WNBA09,

Laughing Laughing she's actually going to love it Tbh ! She's a supportive teammate that i wont knock her for.

Ok, I take it back....🤓🤓🤓

pilight

PostPosted: 11/21/19 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings announce 2020 coaching staff

https://www.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-announce-2020-coaching-staff/

Quote:
Head Coach Brian Agler, the winningest coach in women’s professional basketball history, will be assisted by Crystal Robinson, Bryce Agler and Camille Little.

PostPosted: 11/21/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
Head Coach Brian Agler, the winningest coach in women’s professional basketball history, will be assisted by Crystal Robinson, Bryce Agler and Camille Little.

In other words, Erin Phillips is out, Camille Little is in.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/21/19 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

In other words, Erin Phillips is out, Camille Little is in.

Fever and Liberty jobs still open. Says she is looking forward to opportunities back home in Australia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 7 of 22

Jump to: