RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

New York Liberty 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5709



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stays in NY

Chicago straight up for Deshields?

Or Chicago for Copper, pick 8 and one of their 2021 1st rounders?

To Dallas for pick 2 and something? (Pick 5, Stevens, Thornton, Anigwe and 7?)

Minny for pick 6 Shepard and/or 2021 1st rounder?

Undo the old trade to Conn for A. Thomas?


bluedevilaztecfan5



Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 645
Location: San Diego, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/12/20 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Stays in NY

Minny for pick 6 Shepard and/or 2021 1st rounder?


I’m down for option 1.

If a trade is imminent...
What about a 3 team trade?

New York gets #6, B Turner, 2021 Conn 1st rounder and/or rights to Xargay
Phoenix gets Charles, Boyd
Minnesota gets January, #10, Y Turner

Ionescu/Clarendon
Durr/Johannes/Landrum(13)
Nurse/Allen
Alarie(6)/Turner
Zahui B/Stokes/Xu

January/Brown...Sims
Turner/Augustus*
Copper or Stricklen*/Christmas-Kelly/Talbot
Collier/Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Mompremier(10)

Diggins-Smith/Boyd
Taurasi/Hartley*/Martin(17)
Carson*/Cunningham
Charles/Smith
Griner/Robinson*/Brewer(19)


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22509
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
New York gets #6, B Turner, 2021 Conn 1st rounder and/or rights to Xargay
Phoenix gets Charles, Boyd
Minnesota gets January, #10, Y Turner

That... actually seems kinda plausible. Although I'm not sure Phoenix would want Boyd (especially at the price she's currently signed to). And given how thin they could be after all this stuff, they're probably hoping to keep Yvonne Turner at the vet minimum, given that her only negotiating leverage is threatening to not play at all.

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
Diggins-Smith/Boyd
Taurasi/Hartley*/Martin(17)
Carson*/Cunningham
Charles/Smith
Griner/Robinson*/Brewer(19)

There's no way that roster fits under the cap.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20528



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we give up B. Turner ... Evil or Very Mad



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
bluedevilaztecfan5



Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 645
Location: San Diego, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
New York gets #6, B Turner, 2021 Conn 1st rounder and/or rights to Xargay
Phoenix gets Charles, Boyd
Minnesota gets January, #10, Y Turner

That... actually seems kinda plausible. Although I'm not sure Phoenix would want Boyd (especially at the price she's currently signed to). And given how thin they could be after all this stuff, they're probably hoping to keep Yvonne Turner at the vet minimum, given that her only negotiating leverage is threatening to not play at all.

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
Diggins-Smith/Boyd
Taurasi/Hartley*/Martin(17)
Carson*/Cunningham
Charles/Smith
Griner/Robinson*/Brewer(19)

There's no way that roster fits under the cap.


Tbh I don’t pay attention to salaries much, except when I use NBA trade tracker Laughing would it work if Carson and Hartley were at vet minimum?
If Boyd’s contract is not protected/guaranteed does her salary count against the cap? They could cut her right, like they did Leilani?
Or I suppose the Mercury could go Diggins-Smith/Hartley/Taurasi/Charles/Griner...Moore(29)/Martin(17)/Cunningham/Smith/Brewer(19)/rookie contract pickup/rookie contract pickup Laughing


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22509
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Assuming they get rid of January in either a Charles deal or a separate one they'd be down to something like this:

Griner 215000
Charles 215000
Diggins-Smith 215000
Taurasi 119500
Cunningham 57000
Smith 57000
BTurner 57000

That would leave 364,500 for 4 or 5 players. So sure, technically Boyd's 81,600, vet minimums (68,000 each) for Hartley and Carson and a couple of rookies fits fine. But, uh, I think you're underestimating what Hartley would be getting by a teensy bit... Wink



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
bluedevilaztecfan5



Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 645
Location: San Diego, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
Diggins-Smith/Boyd
Taurasi/Hartley*/Martin(17)
Carson*/Cunningham
Charles/Smith
Griner/Robinson*/Brewer(19)

There's no way that roster fits under the cap.


Okay I tried to look into it, the lineup above:
?Rookie min: $57,000, Vet min: $68,000?

$215,000/$81,600
$119,500/$105,000/$57,000***
$95,000/$43,422
$215,000/$50,530
$215,000/$57,000***
Total: $1,254,052/$1,300,000
Had to take out Robinson to fit the cap.
***not sure what rookie contracts will be for those 2nd rounders
Roll with 11 players? Cut Boyd, draft a point guard and sign a rookie contract post?


bluedevilaztecfan5



Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 645
Location: San Diego, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Assuming they get rid of January in either a Charles deal or a separate one they'd be down to something like this:

Griner 215000
Charles 215000
Diggins-Smith 215000
Taurasi 119500
Cunningham 57000
Smith 57000
BTurner 57000

That would leave 364,500 for 4 or 5 players. So sure, technically Boyd's 81,600, vet minimums (68,000 each) for Hartley and Carson and a couple of rookies fits fine. But, uh, I think you're underestimating what Hartley would be getting by a teensy bit... Wink


I posted my thoughts before seeing this! Thanks!

Will all rookie contracts bump up to $57,000? I haven’t been keeping up with the CBA talks.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 22509
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:

Will all rookie contracts bump up to $57,000? I haven’t been keeping up with the CBA talks.

Yeah, everybody under the new minimums got bumped up to the applicable new numbers. So 0-2 years of experience you're on at least 57k, 3+ you're on at least 68k.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3623
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bria Hartley has apparently signed with Phoenix.



_________________
In memory of Clifford Glover, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and too many others.
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1644
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WomensBasketball247 (Mo Currie) still "expects" that Charles will be traded: https://twitter.com/womensbball247/status/1227999986077421568

Washington, Seattle, LA, and Vegas can't afford her and also wouldn't need her.
Charles would probably never want to go to one of New York's fellow non-contending lottery teams (Indiana, Atlanta, Dallas), though like I've said, Dallas has the most out of any team that they could potentially give up to get her.
Connecticut is set at PF unless A. Thomas wants out (and even then, would she want to go back after wanting out before?).
Chicago - once all their mainstays get re-signed - won't be able to afford her, unless one of those pricey contracts falls through and/or they do some major shuffling with already-signed players (a package that includes Chey Parker/Lavender?).
She's been linked to Phoenix, but as we've covered, what exactly do they have left that they can package in a trade for her?
Minnesota hasn't done much/anything thus far. Maybe Charles plays alongside Fowles there... or replaces her (doubtful).




Last edited by Stormeo on 02/13/20 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 22169



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota seems like the only remaining destination for Charles. Curious what they could offer NY?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4227
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Minnesota seems like the only remaining destination for Charles. Curious what they could offer NY?


Trading for Charles makes no sense for the Lynx. Dantas/Shepard are the least of the Lynx's problems.


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3623
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If all these speculations about Charles being traded are on the mark, it has to mean either (a) Charles wants out, (b) Kolb and Hopkins want to trade her, or (c) both a and b are true. So if any of this is valid and Charles isn't traded, then the Liberty will play in 2020 with a rather uncomfortable situation being part of the team's season.

I will hope that none of this is true, that Charles will be happy to be on the Liberty roster for 2020, and that Kolb and Hopkins will be happy to have her with the team. But I realize that my hope may be far from reality.



_________________
In memory of Clifford Glover, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and too many others.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9937
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Minnesota seems like the only remaining destination for Charles. Curious what they could offer NY?


Not so sure about that



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6915
Location: https://womensbasketballdaily.net


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2020/02/13/adding-layshia-clarendon-checks-all-of-the-libertys-proverbial-boxes/

Quote:
GM Jonathan Kolb discusses adding Layshia Clarendon to New York Liberty



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3623
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2020/02/13/adding-layshia-clarendon-checks-all-of-the-libertys-proverbial-boxes/

Quote:
GM Jonathan Kolb discusses adding Layshia Clarendon to New York Liberty


Thanks for posting this. Reading about the strong ties between Clarendon and Hopkins--and how she's viewed as a coach on the floor--makes this signing seem even better. Quite apart from how she plays, Clarendon should be quite valuable for Ionescu, Durr, and Johannes.



_________________
In memory of Clifford Glover, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and too many others.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5709



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Minnesota seems like the only remaining destination for Charles. Curious what they could offer NY?


Not so sure about that


I wonder if Atl may actually believe and be able to convince Charles that a Hayes, GloJo, Charles big 3 could contend add in maybe Prince

Montgomery, Hayes, GloJo, Charles, K. Brown
Prince, Bentley, Cazorla, Coffey, Breland, E. Will and something

PS it makes the trade Billings and #4 pick


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 61506
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Minnesota seems like the only remaining destination for Charles. Curious what they could offer NY?


Not so sure about that


I wonder if Atl may actually believe and be able to convince Charles that a Hayes, GloJo, Charles big 3 could contend add in maybe Prince


I had the same feeling, except with Stricklen instead of Prince.



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
mavcarter
#NATC


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5661
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I wonder if Atl may actually believe and be able to convince Charles that a Hayes, GloJo, Charles big 3 could contend add in maybe Prince


Contend for what?



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10416



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I wonder if Atl may actually believe and be able to convince Charles that a Hayes, GloJo, Charles big 3 could contend add in maybe Prince


Contend for what?


Laughing Laughing Last place.....



_________________
#NADF
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 55047



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I wonder if Atl may actually believe and be able to convince Charles that a Hayes, GloJo, Charles big 3 could contend add in maybe Prince


Contend for what?


Laughing Laughing Last place.....


Liberty South.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 22169



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Nurse won MVP in the WNBL.

http://wnbl.basketball/blog/news/wnbl20-mvp-kia-nurse/



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3623
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Kia Nurse won MVP in the WNBL.

http://wnbl.basketball/blog/news/wnbl20-mvp-kia-nurse/


Thanks for posting this. How great! Reminds me that I did NOT want to see Kia Nurse traded.



_________________
In memory of Clifford Glover, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, and too many others.
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6915
Location: https://womensbasketballdaily.net


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/14/20 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Is the Tina Charles era in New York coming to an end?

https://highposthoops.com/2020/02/14/tina-charles-era-new-york-wnba/



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 36 of 111

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin