RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Io, Asia, and Nurse as your backcourt, y'all are going to have a quickness issue especially on defense.

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The good thing about Bob’s wish list is it’s all attainable. I’d even settle for someone to complement Stokes e.g. Kalani Brown or Maria Vadeeva (realistically attainable). Adding Ionescu without having to yield equity is significant. It means that whatever additional trade equity we have could be used elsewhere. Root suggested Lindsay Allen as a potential PG addition awhile back and on a team with this particular construct, Allen makes even more sense.

I’d like to try to get Plum too but she’d probably be too expensive. Bottom line though is we’ve solidified 4 positions that I’d stack up talent-wise against just about anyone. We are in position to fully complete a 2020 rebuild. It’s fully realistic.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
With Io, Asia, and Nurse as your backcourt, y'all are going to have a quickness issue especially on defense.

Gotta be honest I don’t see this as being anywhere near as big an issue as others do. Ionescu is IMO an underrated team defender to begin with. Nurse has the traits to be good and Durr was better than I thought she’d be. I thought Boyd was awful defensively this year as well. I doubt Ionescu would be anything other than a step up.

Ionescu’s rebounding will help our D. As will improved offensive efficiency. As will Stokes. As will (hopefully) a new coach. Ain’t nowhere to go but up.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hooray

realistic

Ionescu/Boyd/#13
Durr/Hartley
Nurse/Allen
Charles/Gray
Zahui B/Stokes/Waiver wire or camp invite

hopeful but keeping it realistic

Ionescu/L. Allen/#13
Durr/Hartley
Nurse/R. Allen
Charles/Zahui B/Gray
Dolson/Stokes

Dolson signed as an UFA, someone gets bumped for Johannes after Olympics (tbh I don't see Johannes showing in 2020 but this is the hopeful list).

#13 Harris, Higgs or Dean

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Hooray

realistic

Ionescu/Boyd/#13
Durr/Hartley
Nurse/Allen
Charles/Gray
Zahui B/Stokes/Waiver wire or camp invite

hopeful but keeping it realistic

Ionescu/L. Allen/#13
Durr/Hartley
Nurse/R. Allen
Charles/Zahui B/Gray
Dolson/Stokes

Dolson signed as an UFA, someone gets bumped for Johannes after Olympics (tbh I don't see Johannes showing in 2020 but this is the hopeful list).

#13 Harris, Higgs or Dean

Trying to envision rooting for my most disliked player right now. Lol. Katie included Johannes in regard to next year in that thread where she talked with Geoff M. on Twitter.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In my dream world:

PG: Ionescu/free agent
SG: Durr/Johannes
SF: Nurse/Allen/#13 pick
PF: Charles/Zahui B/Gray
C: Dolson/Stokes

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
In my dream world:

I like this dream. And it all seems attainable. Once Ionescu is drafted, New York would have nine of the 12 players and ten of 12 if the #13 pick is a SF.
So all that would be needed would be to get Dolson and a backup point guard as a free agent.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Kolb, not Katie. Wonderful.

Laughing Laughing Almost as good as getting #1.

Couldn't agree more. Halftime started out good, and then got great!

Fire Katie now!

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After a remarkable, bizarre victory against Chicago, Las Vegas is now down a game to Washington. I hate to criticize our beloved former LFO, but I feel he's made a mistake. Yes, he's got Swords, Rodgers, and Prince on his bench. But to win the WNBA title I believe he also needed to add Zellous, Boyd, Stokes, and Schimmel. Smile

Last edited by Bob Lamm on 09/17/19 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Abysmal New York Basketball Team Wins Draft Lottery

https://deadspin.com/abysmal-new-york-basketball-team-wins-draft-lottery-1838200493

Quote:
In January, the New York Liberty threw off the yoke of James Dolan. Tuesday evening, for the first time in franchise history, they secured the first pick in the 2020 WNBA draft.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
In my dream world:

If Dolson is a part of your dreams, I’d hate to see your nightmares.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/17/19 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson would give the Libs a different look in terms of the outside game and I thought her interior defense was much better this season than last. That's the positive. However, combining Tina with an immobile player like Dolson looks like a really bad mix when you're trying to defend players in space. If you look at Stokes' healthy seasons, there's a legitimate argument that she was in those seasons a better player than Dolson. Considering how bad we were this year at defending players in space, Dolson looks to me like someone to pass on.

If you look at players like Brown and Vadeeva, neither is especially mobile either, but I think Dolson might make Vadeeva look like a track star. Brown, while not fast in a straight line, has a considerable agility advantage over Dolson. Plus Dolson is prone to foul trouble and argues just about every call.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Laughing Laughing thanks, it gave me a good laugh.

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/17/19 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Libs get the #1 pick. And I agree with Shades. All in the same day.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We are just up on Dolson at the moment because it looks like she is an UFA and may be attainable if Chicago also has to pay Copper and N'dour along with Sloot and Quigley. (You can basically get one decent all around center by putting her and Stokes together.)

Brown and Vadeeva are great ideas but no way LA gives us either while they are on rookie contracts for what we have to offer.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/17/19 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
We are just up on Dolson at the moment because it looks like she is an UFA and may be attainable if Chicago also has to pay Copper and N'dour along with Sloot and Quigley. (You can basically get one decent all around center by putting her and Stokes together.)

Brown and Vadeeva are great ideas but no way LA gives us either while they are on rookie contracts for what we have to offer.

2021 first round pick?

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If you look at Stokes' healthy seasons, there's a legitimate argument that she was in those seasons a better player than Dolson. Considering how bad we were this year at defending players in space, Dolson looks to me like someone to pass on.

Please count me as one Liberty fan who is very skeptical about Kiah Stokes. I can't assess how much of her decline from her initial time with the Liberty was the result of injuries. I don't believe anyone can. Her decline was obvious and I don't believe anyone can convince me that in 2020 she's going to be the player she was in 2016.

I'm not against Stokes being a bench player for the Liberty. But I don't expect too much from Stokes.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, going off the Megdal salary chart, as well as Stokes' unannounced extension

Signed through next year:
Allen
Boyd
Durr
Nurse
Stokes
Xu
Zahui B.

Potentially Reserved (if not, some form of free agent):
Gray
Johannès
Raincock-Ekunwe

Unrestricted free agents:
Charles (until she's Cored again; would be her 3rd Core designation)
Hartley (completed her 6th year of service, thus can no longer be a RFA)

Draft Assets: #1 Pick, #13 Pick, #26 Pick

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

Please count me as one Liberty fan who is very skeptical about Kiah Stokes. I can't assess how much of her decline from her initial time with the Liberty was the result of injuries. I don't believe anyone can. Her decline was obvious and I don't believe anyone can convince me that in 2020 she's going to be the player she was in 2016.

I'm not against Stokes being a bench player for the Liberty. But I don't expect too much from Stokes.

as much as I liked Stokes Im ready to trade her and Boyd
Lets enjoy the feeling of having the number one draft pick next year

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think IMS can be a useful option that's realistically obtainable. She's an RFA and you may have to overpay a little bit to prevent Dallas from matching, but I don't think they'd fight too hard to keep her -- especially with Cox on the way and Stevens expected to be healthy. All NY needs from Imani is to be a big, long obstacle on defense. It's sort of what Russell does so well for Seattle. No gaudy stats, just presence. And if you believe in the advanced statistics, albeit based on limited bench minutes, McGee-Stafford is 6th in Rebound% and 4th in Block%. For about 20 mpg, she can plug that big defensive hole in the middle. Zahui can be the offfensive half of the platoon.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
In my dream world:

Aaaahahahahahaha!!!

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/18/19 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I still think IMS can be a useful option that's realistically obtainable. She's an RFA and you may have to overpay a little bit to prevent Dallas from matching, but I don't think they'd fight too hard to keep her -- especially with Cox on the way and Stevens expected to be healthy. All NY needs from Imani is to be a big, long obstacle on defense. It's sort of what Russell does so well for Seattle. No gaudy stats, just presence. And if you believe in the advanced statistics, albeit based on limited bench minutes, McGee-Stafford is 6th in Rebound% and 4th in Block%. For about 20 mpg, she can plug that big defensive hole in the middle. Zahui can be the offfensive half of the platoon.

I would be fine with this as well.

(Or even getting her and Dolson and moving on from either Stokes or Zahui B all together. After an improved season I wonder what Shades/Minny would view as Zahui B's trade value now? I actually still like Kiah and Amanda but I am up for change.)

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/18/19 3:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If only they didnt cut Russell

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 09/18/19 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

The real negative legacy of kia Vaughn (guaranteed contract)

I agree and said it when we cut her 2nd time a Vaughn guarantee got in our way tho kobryn wasn't nearly as serious

Still beaming from #1pick inoescu is what this team needs

Agree need action in free agency

But I'm gonna wait to see the CBA shakeout....will core be gone? Or reduced to where we need to spend more on charles? Before guessing on who's what FA we know CT will be in a cap bind

A lot to consider

Agree under todays rules troll doll would be a good pickup would make a nice 3 headed monster with zahui and stokes

Let han stay in china for the olympics and some needed reps and seasoning

Try to trade Boyd I wouldn't mind a veteran to help inoescu get her feet wet and I'll take boyd over Hartley in that role but thats just for starters should be ionescuss job from day 1 would be better with an L Allen etc tho I agree

Still wait and see

Now for #hellobrooklyn2020 to be announced

PostPosted: 09/18/19 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Katie figured it out too late. In the two games Russell played for NY, she logged significant minutes and played well. Unfortunately, by then she was on the roster as a replacement player. NY was required to cut her when the injured player returned (I believe it was Stokes). The problem really started when Smith decided to sign Marissa Coleman and use her as a power forward. Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 6 of 111

Jump to: