RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If there really is a trade for C Williams and/or Charles in the works, it would seem they really need to wait until draft declarations are known.

The problem with waiting till April is that other teams aren’t waiting around putting together their teams. So NYL and CON might end up making fire sale moves in order to make things work. It’d be more of a fire sale thing for CON since they’re battling against the cap.

The notion that Charles even wants to leave the Liberty isn’t even up to the rumor level. Pure speculation.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is the evidence Chennedy Carter can step right in and start in the WNBA? 1.1 A/TO, 27% from three.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Quote:
New York gets: E Williams, #4, Cazorla, Plaisance
gives up: Charles, Stokes, Boyd

if I'm NY, I would never ever, ever, go for this.

What value do you see Tina getting in a trade this offseason?
We don’t have all the details, but it seems one or both sides want a change.
Again I’m happy to keep Tina and like to come up with trade ideas because it’s fun. I would rather Kolb wait for the best deal possible.
E Williams and 4 is better than what the Mercury or Lynx can/would likely offer.

Phoenix, Minnesota and Atlanta seem like places imo she would agree to play.
Mercury and their ‘big 3’, Lynx and coach Reeve/Maya possible return next year, Dream and her friendship with Hayes.

Other teams with more assets such as Dallas, I don’t see her wanting to play for.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/17/20 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

The notion that Charles even wants to leave the Liberty isn’t even up to the rumor level. Pure speculation.

yeah, I've wondered about where this came from. I don't know anything one way or the other. I assumed she would be happy to get the hell out of Westchester. OTOH I can imagine she's also not too happy being on a losing team. So what tips the balance one way or the other? I just think where she would agree to go is fairly limited. Minnesota maybe but don't see what they would have to give for her. Indy would be a good spot for her, but I don't think she would go there. Seattle? I dunno... but like most fans would like to know if the rumor (or speculation) is true or not.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/17/20 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
yeah, I've wondered about where this came from. I don't know anything one way or the other. I assumed she would be happy to get the hell out of Westchester. OTOH I can imagine she's also not too happy being on a losing team. So what tips the balance one way or the other? I just think where she would agree to go is fairly limited. Minnesota maybe but don't see what they would have to give for her. Indy would be a good spot for her, but I don't think she would go there. Seattle? I dunno... but like most fans would like to know if the rumor (or speculation) is true or not.

Phoenix and New York were definitely talking. Whether the drive for it all came from Charles or the Liberty I have no clue, but if she'd said "I only want to play in New York" that would've shut it down immediately. So she must at least have some interest in playing elsewhere. No idea if that was specific to Phoenix, or if there's a list, or what.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Phoenix and New York were definitely talking. Whether the drive for it all came from Charles or the Liberty I have no clue, but if she'd said "I only want to play in New York" that would've shut it down immediately. So she must at least have some interest in playing elsewhere. No idea if that was specific to Phoenix, or if there's a list, or what.

It just feels like after they re-signed Yvonne Turner that a Charles deal to Phoenix seems out now, even if they trade January.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/17/20 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWinsidr/status/1229541490654896134

Looks like Alexis Jones already got picked up by Atlanta - adding in a little more Baylor flavor. She didn’t even have to work her way down the waiver list...

Randy

PostPosted: 02/17/20 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream seem big on getting Tennessee and Baylor players.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

A USF player should shake things up a bit.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Randy wrote:

Things or people?

PostPosted: 02/18/20 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Randy wrote:

Things or people?

Wasn't Bentley Shipped to Atlanta after an altercation with Williams?

Randy

PostPosted: 02/18/20 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Randy wrote:

Things or people?

Wasn't Bentley Shipped to Atlanta after an altercation with Williams?

Yes. However, she is a UFA and the Dream would have been completely nuts to sign her whether C. Williams is coming or not.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/18/20 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve never been a fan of Bentley, but I’m not sure she deserves the level of negativity she gets.

Looking at her career stats, she was at her best as a starter (2014-2016). She hasn’t done as well off the bench.

But she’s a career 645:314 ATO. You could do worse for a player that nobody seems to want. You can’t deny she takes care of the ball at a career 1.4 topg.

I know Reeve has in the past bemoaned the fact that the Lynx didn’t draft her with the #12 pick in the 2013 draft. I wonder if Reeve still has Bentley posters on the wall.

Definitely not a first choice for me, but a decent safety net should one be needed.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/18/20 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Bentley signs somewhere for the vet minimum. Possibly Minnesota or Indiana.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/19/20 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its being reported on Twitter (WInsider) that Atlanta has acquired Courtney Williams. But not for who...

PostPosted: 02/19/20 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Its being reported on Twitter (WInsider) that Atlanta has acquired Courtney Williams. But not for who...

Three team.

Dream gave up Breland and Coffey. Williams and a 2nd round pick from one of the teams.

Click through to Atlanta dream. Net on the announcement to get all the details.

PostPosted: 02/19/20 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta's roster is now pretty intriguing. I'm thinking they still have the #4 pick and it's less critical -i.e. someone they can play in a reserve role. They don't have a glaring "need" but perhaps a young/tall/long guard to help defend the perimeter?

Maybe Coates doesn't make this roster?

1. Elizabeth Williams 6-3 F/C
2. Renee Montgomery 5-7 G
3. Tiffany Hayes 5-11 G
4. Courtney Williams 5-9 G
5. Shekinna Stricklen 6-2 G/F
6. Glory Johnson 6-3 F
7. Kalani Brown 6-7 C
8. Alexis Jones 5-9 G
9. Monique Billings 6-4 F
10. Alaina Coates 6-4 C
11. Maite Cazorla 5-10 PG

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/19/20 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd still find a way to trade away E. Williams, but with Breland gone, they could certainly choose to keep her.

With both C. Williams and Hayes now on the team, is Hayes big/good enough to keep starting at SF? Or does she get traded? Or does someone between those two actually get benched? Though I guess Stricklen would be the one getting benched in this setup?? Lmao @ Stricklen going from starter on a contender to a bench player on a... Idk, I guess Atlanta's upgraded themselves to a "pretender" now. Razz

@Pilight: Do you still think Atlanta's going after Tina Charles now that this trade has happened? Idea

Randy

PostPosted: 02/19/20 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now the Dream have made going to the airport a lot more interesting. I do wonder how Hayes and Williams fit unless they really think Hayes should play the 3. But then what about Stricklen?

TigerVol

PostPosted: 02/19/20 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Now the Dream have made going to the airport a lot more interesting. I do wonder how Hayes and Williams fit unless they really think Hayes should play the 3. But then what about Stricklen?

It is still the airport and no quicker to get there. 😭

But Courtney Williams is a good get on multiple fronts. On top of her skill on the court...

Seems to become a fan favorite the dream can market as something of a local player.

Fan dad brings crazy energy to the stands. Would think he is an asset on the crowd front.

Should be a group that plays a fun and up tempo style and will at least be competitive.

Add in a little winning and the team should be in good position to pull in new fans who either have an easier commute or who are willing to make the longer commute.

PostPosted: 02/19/20 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand. Atlanta made a trade with Connecticut and didn't get hammered? Is that legal?

PostPosted: 02/19/20 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/atlanta-dream-nicki-collen-discusses-team-wnba-free-agency-moves/a7CF9ooibASiFsudEIym0I/

Collen talks about all the individual moves the Dream has made thus far, particularly the anatomy of the C. Williams deal. She also eventually confirms this:

Quote:
And you know, for us right now, in that we’re not re-signing Alex Bentley, [Alexis Jones] provides kind of a combo guard.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/19/20 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so excited. I love Courtney Williams style of play and loving what I've seen from her off the court. Plus, her and her dad, I mean come on, that's awesome.

I do wonder how that affects the backcourt. Would they go to a Detroit Shock style combo guard of Hayes/Williams? I just don't see them getting rid of Tip for some reason, but I could be wrong.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/19/20 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/atlanta-dream-nicki-collen-discusses-team-wnba-free-agency-moves/a7CF9ooibASiFsudEIym0I/

Collen talks about all the individual moves the Dream has made thus far, particularly the anatomy of the C. Williams deal. She also eventually confirms this:

Quote:
And you know, for us right now, in that we’re not re-signing Alex Bentley, [Alexis Jones] provides kind of a combo guard.

This a great article. I wish all teams could have publications that supply that much info.

I guess it’s a good thing (for ATL) that their offer for Mitchell got matched, or else this Williams trade may not have happened.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/19/20 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so maybe something like

Hayes/Montgomery/Cazorla
C. Williams/A. Jones
Stricklen/#4
GloJo/Billings
K. Brown/E. Will

free agent or waiver wire

with Johnson being able to play some SF or PF and Hayes also abl to play some SF the #4 pick could also be a post Cox, Sabally falling to4 or maybe Holmes or Allarie if no early entries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30

Jump to: