RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 1669



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Search Twitter.


Okay.

Searches Twitter for:

Chennedy Carter X
Betnijah Laney X
Shekinna Stricklen X
Monique Billings X
Blake Dietrick X
Kalani Brown X
Courtney Williams X

Welp, that's all the active Dream players I can name, off the top of my head, and I came up 0-for-7 (0-for-8, actually, I checked the official Dream Twitter page, too), on both their official page, and a search for their names. Perhaps you'd be good enough to show me the ways of your advanced Twitter-Fu techniques?



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1629
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've only seen Stef Dolson wear the "Vote Warnock" shirt on the bench at today's game vs. the Wings, fwiw.



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 6133



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DT wore one to the game.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/wnba/2020/08/04/wnba-players-vote-warnock-shirts-kelly-loeffler-opponent-atlanta-dream/3294951001/



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 553
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Search Twitter.


Okay.

Searches Twitter for:

Chennedy Carter X
Betnijah Laney X
Shekinna Stricklen X
Monique Billings X
Blake Dietrick X
Kalani Brown X
Courtney Williams X

Welp, that's all the active Dream players I can name, off the top of my head, and I came up 0-for-7 (0-for-8, actually, I checked the official Dream Twitter page, too), on both their official page, and a search for their names. Perhaps you'd be good enough to show me the ways of your advanced Twitter-Fu techniques?


I just saw on Williams' Insta story a picture of the entire team in Vote Warnock tshirts.

I doubt Loeffler will be trading the whole team, or even Williams for this.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15435
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I'm Kelly Loeffler, I am pulling my money out of this team tomorrow (or the end of the season, or as soon as I legally contractually can). Can the team last without her investment?


Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 1669



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
If I'm Kelly Loeffler, I am pulling my money out of this team tomorrow (or the end of the season, or as soon as I legally contractually can). Can the team last without her investment?


Only one way to find out.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 1669



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:

I just saw on Williams' Insta story a picture of the entire team in Vote Warnock tshirts.

I doubt Loeffler will be trading the whole team, or even Williams for this.


That's awesome, and I appreciate the help, but I was told by Applecare that I could find what I was asking about by "searching Twitter."



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 553
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
If I'm Kelly Loeffler, I am pulling my money out of this team tomorrow (or the end of the season, or as soon as I legally contractually can). Can the team last without her investment?


As LaChina said during the Dream game, many think Loeffler is saying this to gain political points. It sounds like players wanted to have a talk with her to get her thoughts, but either she can't or won't do it.

One Loeffler loses her senate seat, I think she will go back to her tacit support.


BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 553
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

I just saw on Williams' Insta story a picture of the entire team in Vote Warnock tshirts.

I doubt Loeffler will be trading the whole team, or even Williams for this.


That's awesome, and I appreciate the help, but I was told by Applecare that I could find what I was asking about by "searching Twitter."


It may also be on Twitter, I just happened to be looking at Instagram while the other must have been on The Twitters Smile


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 61486
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's amusing to see all these people from halfway (or all the way) across the country fervently supporting someone they likely know nothing about and never heard of a month ago.



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 553
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
It's amusing to see all these people from halfway (or all the way) across the country fervently supporting someone they likely know nothing about and never heard of a month ago.


I wouldn't say they know nothing about him. I know Elizabeth said they got to know him and talked with him to see what his stand on issues is before they supported him publicly. I'm not sure if it was just the Dream who did since he's running for senator from Georgia, or if all of the WNBA did. I know they have had zoom calls with Michelle Obama and others since the wubble started. These women are doing a good job of being and staying informed.


Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 1669



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/04/20 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
pilight wrote:
It's amusing to see all these people from halfway (or all the way) across the country fervently supporting someone they likely know nothing about and never heard of a month ago.


I wouldn't say they know nothing about him. I know Elizabeth said they got to know him and talked with him to see what his stand on issues is before they supported him publicly. I'm not sure if it was just the Dream who did since he's running for senator from Georgia, or if all of the WNBA did. I know they have had zoom calls with Michelle Obama and others since the wubble started. These women are doing a good job of being and staying informed.


Indeed. I would find the intimation of the players being uninformed to be rather more credible, if we were talking about, say, a men's league.



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 22169



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.sbnation.com/wnba/2020/8/4/21354812/wnba-players-vote-warnock-shirts-kelly-loefflers-senate-race?fbclid=IwAR2HTP85wFmDiJY_ojxykwaxeysG2bT1K7vOjk5CxuyXTEqvZPm6lWEY2pY



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lethalweapon3



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 297
Location: ATL ITP, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our dear Political Outsider... I mean, goober-natorially appointed United States Senator... ought to be relieved for the pandemic. Because without that, this was going to unfurl for her in College Park back in May.

Fans, well, attendees first. Then, eventually, the players.

If she didn't like it, then she should've put a sale on it.

~lw3


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 10405



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might have helped attendance though. I could see an arena filled with Warnock t-s. Or how about Cancel Kelly on one side and Warnock on the other?



_________________
#NADF
TigerVol



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 2161
Location: ATL


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/20 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all act like every bit of this - including the backlash - isn't calculated and anticipated...the free publicity only helps with the voters she is targeting to peel off of or keep from Collins.

If you believe the polls, she has recently pulled in front of Collins - they are 1 and 2.

Lot of time left but if that stands they will make the run-off for the seat - no one is taking this seat outright unless a lot of people drop out and throw support behind a single candidate.



_________________
"Never put an age limit on your dreams" - Dara Torres 2008
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 553
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/11/20 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was on the injury thread but needs to be on the Dream thread.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29641205/atlanta-dream-rookie-chennedy-carter-ankle-miss-2-weeks

With Carter out for 2 weeks, I would imagine Courtney and Laney start in the backcourt and Dietrick the backup PG? Is Alexis Jones a better option?


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 9319
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/20 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Signed Kaela Davis, Waive Alexis Jones


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9928
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/20 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

August 20, 2020
Indiana Fever: Kamiah Smalls – Sign ROS Contract (Hardship)

August 19, 2020
Phoenix Mercury: Shey Peddy – Sign 7-Day – 1st Contract
Washington Mystics: Jacki Gemelos – Sign 7-Day – 1st Contract

August 18, 2020
Connecticut Sun: Jacki Gemelos – Waivers Cleared
Las Vegas Aces: Megan Huff – Waivers Cleared
Washington Mystics: Shey Peddy – Waivers Cleared
Washington Mystics: Stella Johnson – Sign ROS Contract

August 17, 2020
Connecticut Sun: Essence Carson – Awarded On Waivers
Connecticut Sun: Jacki Gemelos – Waived
Las Vegas Aces: Megan Huff – Waived
Washington Mystics: Shey Peddy – Waived

August 16, 2020
Indiana Fever: Alisia Jenkins – ROS Contract Signed
Washington Mystics: Essence Carson – Waived
Washington Mystics: Stella Johnson – Replacement Contract Terminated
Washington Mystics: Sug Sutton – ROS Contract Signed

August 13, 2020
Washington Mystics: Stella Johnson – Sign ROS Contract (Hardship)



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 1629
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/20 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Signed Kaela Davis, Waive Alexis Jones


Don't they still have to pay Jones for the rest of the season since it's past the date of the guaranteeing of contracts? The timing of this is curious, since Jones was decidedly not in the rotation basically from the get-go.

(Here's a link for those that need it: https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-signs-free-agent-forward-guard-kaela-davis/)



_________________
Man, f*** all this f***ing horsesh*t (no, yeah, for sure [RIP RBG])
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 55041



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Signed Kaela Davis, Waive Alexis Jones


Don't they still have to pay Jones for the rest of the season since it's past the date of the guaranteeing of contracts?


Yep, but it’s not like it’s a ton of money... maybe $25K-$30K. I think they still have playoffs as a goal, so you don’t let that small amount of money dissuade you from making a move that you think will help the team.

Stormeo wrote:
The timing of this is curious, since Jones was decidedly not in the rotation basically from the get-go.


They were probably playing it safe with the health status of Carter not entirely clear. Now that Carter is most likely back in the next game, they can feel more comfortable cutting Jones loose. They also discovered Williams is passable as a PG.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 61486
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/25/20 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chennedy Carter is probable for tomorrow



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18223
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/20 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Inside the WNBA-Kelly Loeffler stalemate: Will something give? Will somebody go?
WNBA players are committed to promoting social justice and Black Lives Matter. Atlanta Dream co-owner and U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler is trying to win an election. During a basketball season like no other, the sides are engaged in a game of political chess.
Ramona Shelburne and Katie Barnes (ESPN)

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29732604/inside-wnba-kelly-loeffler-stalemate-give-somebody-go


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18223
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/20 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Inside the WNBA-Kelly Loeffler stalemate: Will something give? Will somebody go?
WNBA players are committed to promoting social justice and Black Lives Matter. Atlanta Dream co-owner and U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler is trying to win an election. During a basketball season like no other, the sides are engaged in a game of political chess.
Ramona Shelburne and Katie Barnes (ESPN)

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29732604/inside-wnba-kelly-loeffler-stalemate-give-somebody-go


Behind the scenes, however, sources have told ESPN that Dream president Chris Sienko and Mary and John Brock, the former CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises, have been providing financial information to potential buyers of the team.

One of those potential buyers is former Clipper Baron Davis, who says simply, "I would say, just from the Donald Sterling thing, I think it's just life coming full circle."


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 8117



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/20 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Inside the WNBA-Kelly Loeffler stalemate: Will something give? Will somebody go?
WNBA players are committed to promoting social justice and Black Lives Matter. Atlanta Dream co-owner and U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler is trying to win an election. During a basketball season like no other, the sides are engaged in a game of political chess.
Ramona Shelburne and Katie Barnes (ESPN)

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29732604/inside-wnba-kelly-loeffler-stalemate-give-somebody-go


Behind the scenes, however, sources have told ESPN that Dream president Chris Sienko and Mary and John Brock, the former CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises, have been providing financial information to potential buyers of the team.

One of those potential buyers is former Clipper Baron Davis, who says simply, "I would say, just from the Donald Sterling thing, I think it's just life coming full circle."


I think the article title is missing the question "Will the team survive?"

It also says that Brock and Loeffler have entertained the idea of taking on another owner in the past - to help absorb the losses - but ultimately decided not to because they enjoyed being sole owners so much.

Loeffler estimates she has lost $10 million over the 10-ish years she has been a co-owner. The WNBA chief says that "interest has piqued" with regard to owning the team. But interest doesn't necessarily lead to ownership. I don't see Loeffler wanting to continue to own the team as sitting courtside as she always did, would now be unpleasant, and there aren't going to be any pre-season dinners at her house. So then it becomes a matter of will Brock be willing to own it outright, or is their a buyer, or... will they fold. The league may be willing to step in and own the team while a buyer is found.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin