RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 06/24/20 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream sign Betnijah Laney & Jaylyn Agnew.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/24/20 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

So they stole Thibault’s draft pick out from under him. Poor guy.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/24/20 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Someone spoke of the Dream needing to give Laney a look after the recent opt outs. Shout out to whomever that was ! Razz

PostPosted: 06/24/20 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Someone spoke of the Dream needing to give Laney a look after the recent opt outs. Shout out to whomever that was ! Razz

Lol well it wasn't me. Laughing As much as I'm not a Laney fan, I do think she could be a good defensive complement to Stricklen at SF. I assume Stricklen and most of those who signed lucrative new deals will show up.

Agnew was a decent, high-volume 3-point shooter at Creighton. Though she won't get a whole lot of playing time, the team's outside shooting should be markedly improved from last season if nothing else. The team is still probably worse off with at least Hayes sitting out, but there's a chance it could be an addition-by-subtraction thing.

stever

PostPosted: 06/25/20 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Atlanta Dream owner Kelly Loeffler calls open carry by Black Americans in Atlanta 'mob rule'

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/atlanta-dream-owner-kelly-loeffler-calls-open-carry-by-black-americans-in-atlanta-mob-rule/

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/25/20 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:
Atlanta Dream owner Kelly Loeffler calls open carry by Black Americans in Atlanta 'mob rule'

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/atlanta-dream-owner-kelly-loeffler-calls-open-carry-by-black-americans-in-atlanta-mob-rule/

I have legit concern that Loeffler will lead to the Dream folding. At what point to players refuse to play for her?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/25/20 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

I have legit concern that Loeffler will lead to the Dream folding. At what point to players refuse to play for her?

This would be an understandable "last straw" for a lot of players IMO.

But of course not everyone would object to Loeffler's views on this, so I don't think it necessarily needs to be the end of the team.

PostPosted: 06/25/20 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, I wouldn't have been totally surprised if the entire roster 'opted out' in a stand against her. I've seen lots of people saying on twitter that she should sell the team, but the problem is that that requires someone wanting to buy it. Is it better to have the team existing under her ownership than not existing at all?

PostPosted: 06/25/20 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As someone who has never paid attention to who owns what team, why did Loeffler decide to own a WNBA team?

Shades

PostPosted: 06/25/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There’s another owner, but I’m guessing Loeffler has the cash flow needed to keep the team running on a deficit.

If she gets voted out of office, she might go back to a more normal version of herself. She’s really kissing Trump’s ass to try to stay in office and get ahead. If Trump gets voted out, that’ll probably help a lot too. So I‘d say go the patient route and see what happens, if people want to keep the team in ATL.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/25/20 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
There’s another owner, but I’m guessing Loeffler has the cash flow needed to keep the team running on a deficit.

If she gets voted out of office, she might go back to a more normal version of herself. She’s really kissing Trump’s ass to try to stay in office and get ahead. If Trump gets voted out, that’ll probably help a lot too. So I‘d say go the patient route and see what happens, if people want to keep the team in ATL.

That's what I am hoping for. She is likely to lose - she almost certainly would have lost the primary if Georgia had held one.

At least at that point she won't have the same loudspeaker for her views.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/25/20 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've met Kelly Loeffler a few times. She was always very nice to me and seemed very excited about the Dream doing well.

PostPosted: 06/25/20 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I've met Kelly Loeffler a few times. She was always very nice to me and seemed very excited about the Dream doing well.

Oh, well, that settles it then.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 06/27/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA needs to put out a statement condemning Loeffler.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/27/20 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

Oh, well, that settles it then.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

CourtsideTix wrote:

I’m not holding my breath. Confused

Anyone know if Mary Brock is just as conservative/Trumpian as Loeffler? If not, I wonder how she feels about Loeffler and her behavior these days.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/27/20 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:

Dishonest writing. Neither the interviewer or Loeffler mentions “black Americans”. “Open carry”, which they also don’t mention, is used to refer to someone with a pistol on their hip that they allege they need for self-defense. I don’t know how these people carrying the rifles during the day would characterize their purpose, but I don’t think it would be “I am concerned with being raped or held up”.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/27/20 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:

Condemn her for Republican viewpoints or condemn her on this issue? Seems like the latter would put the WNBA in favor of citizens walking around city streets with rifles.

Last edited by tfan on 06/27/20 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davis4632

PostPosted: 06/27/20 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

Dishonest writing. Neither the interviewer or Loeffler mentions “black Americans”. “Open carry”, which they also don’t mention, is used to refer to someone with a pistol on their hip that they allege they need for self-defense. I don’t know how these people carrying the rifles during the day would characterize their purpose, but I don’t think it would be “I am concerned with being raped or held up”.

The video just happen to show all black Americans carrying guns and describing those in the video it being an example of mob rule. Was Fox News describing those MAGA "freedom" fighters that was attempting to storm the Michigan Statehouse to "liberate" Michigan from being quarantined as being part of a mob rule.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/27/20 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

The video just happen to show all black Americans carrying guns and describing those in the video it being an example of mob rule. Was Fox News describing those MAGA "freedom" fighters that was attempting to storm the Michigan Statehouse to "liberate" Michigan from being quarantined as being part of a mob rule.

No, but if all-white Antifa was in some small area of Atlanta openly carrying rifles Loeffler and the interviewer would have said the same things as they did in the video above.

The situational viewpoint works for both sides as I doubt that many Democrats voiced the same opinion on protesters in Michigan at the Statehouse with rifles as they did with regard to protesters in Seattle and Atlanta with rifles.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 06/27/20 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

No, but if all-white Antifa was in some small area of Atlanta openly carrying rifles Loeffler and the interviewer would have said the same things as they did in the video above.

The situational viewpoint works for both sides as I doubt that many Democrats voiced the same opinion on protesters in Michigan at the Statehouse with rifles as they did with regard to protesters in Seattle and Atlanta with rifles.

Both siderirsm and strawman examples in the same post. I'm impressed.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/27/20 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

What was the statement that Loeffler and the interviewer would have said the same things about all-white Antifa walking around with rifles in a small area of Atlanta - both siderism or a strawman? Do you disagree with that? That was the main point and you appear to be ducking it (duckerism) which doesn’t impress me. The Michigan rifle holders were protesting a different issue than the Atlanta rifle holders. One group is likely Trump voters and the other is Biden voters. The only difference isn’t race. To claim race is the reason you would need to make a case for FoxNews and Loeffler going easy on white Antifa for having a rifle carrying presence in an Atlanta neighborhood. Antifa goes over as well on FoxNews as Trump does on MSNBC.

Last edited by tfan on 06/27/20 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/27/20 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:

Do all politicians of the "major" parties always have had the same viewpoints, or do they become programmatic robots to say the same thing once they hold/run for office?

Davis4632

PostPosted: 06/27/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

What was the statement that Loeffler and the interviewer would have said the same things about all-white Antifa walking around with rifles in a small area of Atlanta - both siderism or a strawman? Do you disagree with that? That was the main point and you appear to be ducking it (duckerism) which doesn’t impress me.

When I said I was impressed, I was being sarcastic. The second paragraph in your statement was the both siderism part. Fox News would've said the same thing about Anifa no matter what their race is just because they are against Anifa and their beliefs and you know that (the strawman). Fox chose to only photograph black people in the crowd as an attempt to dog whistle. Couldn't they have at least shown a couple of white people in the crowd. Maybe the senator should go talk to the protesters. I'm sure they are some reasonable people.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/27/20 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Seems like the latter would put the WNBA in favor of citizens walking around city streets with rifles.

What have you got against rifles? What could be more pro-2nd amendment than people walking around with rifles? Rifles can’t be concealed. That’s why pistols are a lot more dangerous.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/29/20 6:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

The video just happen to show all black Americans carrying guns and describing those in the video it being an example of mob rule.

Not sure if you are faulting Fox News for only showing black Americans carrying guns, but it appears that that is all they could have shown. The people with assault rifles were members of the New Black Panther Party but apparently not with the blessing of the local chapter.

Quote:
The organization - founded in 1989 and distinct from the original Black Panthers - has engaged in armed protests against alleged police brutality, but its Atlanta chapter did not have a hand in organizing this particular grassroots protest, which was put together by a Georgia State University student.

Davis4632 wrote:
Was Fox News describing those MAGA "freedom" fighters that was attempting to storm the Michigan Statehouse to "liberate" Michigan from being quarantined as being part of a mob rule.

I don't know what all the Fox News hosts and pundits said, but the host of their highest rated show was unhappy with the Michigan protesters.

Quote:
"Everyone has the right to protest, protect themselves and try to get the country open," he continued while showing footage of the protests. "This, with the militia, look here, and these long guns ... no. A show of force is dangerous. That puts our police at risk. And by the way, your message will never be heard, whoever you people are."

"No one should be attempting to intimidate officials with a show of force, and God forbid, something happens," Hannity, a staunch supporter of President Trump, added.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: