RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Ambassador Stewie

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59824
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:34 am    ::: Ambassador Stewie Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/csienko11/status/1170716109609340931

Quote:
It’s the last gameday of the 2019 season - while that makes us sad, we are equally sad that the “ambassador” never made it to Atlanta in an effort to spread good will across the land. Oh well, maybe next year?


Anybody else not see the "ambassador" this year?



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 316
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing I mean, he’s not wrong.

I only recall Stewie making west coast appearances: LA, Phoenix, and maybe Vegas if she was at the all-star game? I don’t remember. Gotta be west of the Rockies for her to come “ambass” in your city Razz


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9416



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:41 am    ::: Re: Ambassador Stewie Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/csienko11/status/1170716109609340931

Quote:
It’s the last gameday of the 2019 season - while that makes us sad, we are equally sad that the “ambassador” never made it to Atlanta in an effort to spread good will across the land. Oh well, maybe next year?


Anybody else not see the "ambassador" this year?


Perhaps this is the Dream's way of saying they aren't going anywhere? You have to think Howard Megdal has been looking for a story.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7862
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:56 am    ::: Re: Ambassador Stewie Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/csienko11/status/1170716109609340931

Quote:
It’s the last gameday of the 2019 season - while that makes us sad, we are equally sad that the “ambassador” never made it to Atlanta in an effort to spread good will across the land. Oh well, maybe next year?


Anybody else not see the "ambassador" this year?


Perhaps this is the Dream's way of saying they aren't going anywhere? You have to think Howard Megdal has been looking for a story.

Oh, this is just well deserved shade being thrown at the league for the whole thing.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10452
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She suffered a torn Achilles. I’m not a medical expert, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to do so much traveling in that condition.



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1232



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
She suffered a torn Achilles. I’m not a medical expert, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to do so much traveling in that condition.


According to her Instagram she flew to Serbia for Sonja Petrovic’s wedding, so that doesn’t seem like an issue.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7862
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
She suffered a torn Achilles. I’m not a medical expert, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to do so much traveling in that condition.


According to her Instagram she flew to Serbia for Sonja Petrovic’s wedding, so that doesn’t seem like an issue.

And even if that were the case, wouldn't that just mean she wasn't a good candidate for ambassador? Hmm?



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14930
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
miller40 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
She suffered a torn Achilles. I’m not a medical expert, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to do so much traveling in that condition.


According to her Instagram she flew to Serbia for Sonja Petrovic’s wedding, so that doesn’t seem like an issue.

And even if that were the case, wouldn't that just mean she wasn't a good candidate for ambassador? Hmm?


It's almost like it wasn't about being an ambassador at all ...


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15714
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14930
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.


As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15714
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.


As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.


That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59824
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.


As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.


That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie


I think they're saying a real ambassador would be helpful in that regard



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15714
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.


As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.


That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie


I think they're saying a real ambassador would be helpful in that regard


If they would really market her being at the game. Maybe arrange meet and greets with fans etc. But this is the wnba. They dont think about this kind of stuff in advance..



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20382



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We all know it was a phony job made up so she could get paid this season and not count towards Seattle's roster. Don't think we'll see this type of "job" again.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9416



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.


As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.


That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie


I think they're saying a real ambassador would be helpful in that regard


If they would really market her being at the game. Maybe arrange meet and greets with fans etc. But this is the wnba. They dont think about this kind of stuff in advance..


Dream have done meet and greets in the past - I recall Catchings and Parker to name a few. Not fair assume they didn't try.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7862
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.


As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.


That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie

It was a jab at the league. I doubt they have any animosity toward Stewie as they wouldn't have expected her to turn it down. I mean, what player would? "No, don't give me money to rehab..."

The point is that the whole "ambassadorship" was a bit of sham, sprung at the last second, and something that wasn't made available to other teams who have had star players out with injury. I'm sure the Dream aren't the only team feeling salty about it.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
BamaEd



Joined: 11 May 2014
Posts: 456
Location: United States


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/09/19 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.


As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.


That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie

It was a jab at the league. I doubt they have any animosity toward Stewie as they wouldn't have expected her to turn it down. I mean, what player would? "No, don't give me money to rehab..."

The point is that the whole "ambassadorship" was a bit of sham, sprung at the last second, and something that wasn't made available to other teams who have had star players out with injury. I'm sure the Dream aren't the only team feeling salty about it.


Agreed 100%. Michelle, I don't feel this is a jab at Stewie at all. But Atlanta's GM is just saying they had their superstar out for the entire year and didn't get a gig where someone paid her so they could suspend her and pick up another player. I don't know how much that would have helped us this year, but, still. I feel this is 100% a jab at the league office and is nothing personal against her. Smile


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19747



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/19 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is she an NFL ambassador too?

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/1179971030208565248



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8805
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/03/19 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Is she an NFL ambassador too?

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/1179971030208565248


After she recovers she will forever be known as Breanna Ambassador Stewart



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin