RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

TV access- best way to watch all games this summer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SB

PostPosted: 07/19/20 3:52 pm    ::: TV access- best way to watch all games this summer? Reply Reply with quote

Seeking advice: I don’t currently have a cable subscription and am otherwise uninterested, but I do want to have full access to watch WNBA games live this summer. In the past I’ve been happy with going to most home games in person (I’m in Seattle) and watching the rest on league pass through my computer or by joining friends who have cable (hey, I always brought good snacks!) Everything’s different this year, obviously.

From what I can tell I will need access to ESPN, CBS sports network, ABC, League Pass AND local TV (games were sometimes on JOETV in Seattle last year). The best options I see are Hulu with Live TV for $55 per month or YouTube TV for $65 per month to cover ESPN, CBS sports and ABC. Then I would need to buy League Pass, and either use an antenna or stream JOETV through its website since it doesn’t seem to be included in any streaming TV services.

Any input? What are you all doing to make sure you have access to the many different platforms through which games will be broadcast? Are there particular ways to watch that support the league and its ratings more than others?

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 07/19/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ill piggyback a question off that post please.
i live in the northeast, but the lynx are my team... is there a way to watch FSN for their local coverage or would league pass normally cover that?

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/19/20 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you have the ESPN group of networks and the CBS sports network you get substantially all nationally televised games. The ABC games should be on Watch ESPN. Add in the League Pass and you get essentially all other games, except for blacked out games in your area. That would mean that if you live in Seattle you would probably need the local sports channel as well. If you don't live in the market League pass should cover all games that are not on national TV

SB

PostPosted: 07/19/20 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks! It’s a bit of a maze and I want to make sure I’m not missing anything.

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 07/20/20 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

League pass will usually have the blacked out games available later that night or the next day after they're aired live, if that helps any. I don't have cable/network TV and end up watching them later on league pass most of the time. I'm VERY thankful they do that or else I'd miss a lot of games.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 07/20/20 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm quoting myself from another thread and highlighting some items!

ChiSky54 wrote:
Re: watching the games, I "cut the cord" years ago. Last fall I signed up for YouTubeTV, which includes CBSSN, the ESPN channels and the local station that airs Sky games. Kept it because it has much of the stuff I want to watch as well as an unlimited DVR. No equipment, no contracts.

The price just went to $64.99 because of added channels. Still worth it to me.

League Pass shows games right after they end if they are on a blocked network when live. Some folks only want to watch when live; that's not as important to me. The video quality also suffers frequently. Games are available to view through the end of the calendar year. Not bad for $16.99 (or less when discounted).

Just some things to consider.

So I think your decision is based on how important it is to you to watch live. Some folks, it seems, won't watch if they can't do it live. I am a STH and will miss the live games, for sure! I love the option to "time shift" when I am not available or too tired. With the compressed season, I appreciate all the options available.

It's an advantage for me to be able to rewind to re-look at a good or controversial play or catch something that I missed when it happened (which happens a lot Embarassed )

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: