RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Anyone else hear about Donruss/WNBA?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3890
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 3:45 am    ::: Anyone else hear about Donruss/WNBA? Reply Reply with quote

Just recently discovered this.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2019-donruss-wnba-basketball-cards



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/19 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just hoping for a Carolyn Swords card here.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/24/19 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've seen listings on eBay that there is a Katie Smith autograph card included in the set. Is this true?
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6757
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/24/19 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're available at 11 am EST today...there's a Swords "base" card, and two Katie Smith cards, one is an autograph card. Here's a link to a preview slide show, of sorts:

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.html/refl/https://blog.paniniamerica.net/panini-america-quality-control-gallery-explores-the-history-making-2019-donruss-wnba-release/



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/24/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
They're available at 11 am EST today...there's a Swords "base" card, and two Katie Smith cards, one is an autograph card. Here's a link to a preview slide show, of sorts:

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.html/refl/https://blog.paniniamerica.net/panini-america-quality-control-gallery-explores-the-history-making-2019-donruss-wnba-release/


Thanks for the info and the link. Those three cards will be the most I've ever wanted/gotten from any one year's set.
Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3890
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/27/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
stever wrote:
They're available at 11 am EST today...there's a Swords "base" card, and two Katie Smith cards, one is an autograph card. Here's a link to a preview slide show, of sorts:

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.html/refl/https://blog.paniniamerica.net/panini-america-quality-control-gallery-explores-the-history-making-2019-donruss-wnba-release/


Thanks for the info and the link. Those three cards will be the most I've ever wanted/gotten from any one year's set.


I just got a Caroline today. Watch eBay for these cards. If someone is selling base cards cheaper than $5.00 a card, grab the card.



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/27/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
stever wrote:
They're available at 11 am EST today...there's a Swords "base" card, and two Katie Smith cards, one is an autograph card. Here's a link to a preview slide show, of sorts:

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.html/refl/https://blog.paniniamerica.net/panini-america-quality-control-gallery-explores-the-history-making-2019-donruss-wnba-release/


Thanks for the info and the link. Those three cards will be the most I've ever wanted/gotten from any one year's set.


I just got a Caroline today. Watch eBay for these cards. If someone is selling base cards cheaper than $5.00 a card, grab the card.


Richard77,

Thanks. I got the win on a Retro Katie Smith card auction, but the autograph card keeps going beyond what I'm willing to pay.

And I'm hoping to get a Carolyn Swords card ASAP.
Richard 77



Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 3890
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/27/19 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
stever wrote:
They're available at 11 am EST today...there's a Swords "base" card, and two Katie Smith cards, one is an autograph card. Here's a link to a preview slide show, of sorts:

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.html/refl/https://blog.paniniamerica.net/panini-america-quality-control-gallery-explores-the-history-making-2019-donruss-wnba-release/


Thanks for the info and the link. Those three cards will be the most I've ever wanted/gotten from any one year's set.


I just got a Caroline today. Watch eBay for these cards. If someone is selling base cards cheaper than $5.00 a card, grab the card.


Richard77,

Thanks. I got the win on a Retro Katie Smith card auction, but the autograph card keeps going beyond what I'm willing to pay.

And I'm hoping to get a Carolyn Swords card ASAP.


I'm writing a review now. I should post in about an hour.



_________________
If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/30/19 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got the Katie Smith Express Lane card in the mail today and I won the Carolyn Swords card auction as well.

Now just trying to get the Katie Smith Retro and autograph cards.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/02/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update on my hunt for the four cards in the set that I want.

I got the Katie Smith Express Lane card and the Carolyn Swords card.

Now I need the Retro Katie Smith and that damn autograph card which is proving impossible to put a winning bid in for at the moment.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/19 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I picked up the Katie Smith Retro card.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4507



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/24/19 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Finally won a Katie Smith autograph card from this year's set.

Now just have to find that Panini auto Hall of Fame card.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin