RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Are We Officially Desensitized To These Mass Shootings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 09/06/19 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
.... but it has nothing to do with PC.

Ahhh, but it DOES. Again, if it were ISIS or Hezbollah that were the perps, I think no one might have taken anything I wrote as 'inappropriate'. But when the perps are Honest-to-Goodness "Americans", we must be somehow more respectful or considerate??

Many others get this, too.

Live by the ________, die by the ________. That old saw doesn't depend on nationality or political affiliation.

But. You do understand my sentiment. I'm done, thankyouverymuch.

PostPosted: 09/06/19 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
When we open the door of which people we wish will be shot next, it's no surprise that it leads to an unpleasant place.

That is one fine-ass piece of moderating right there.

PostPosted: 09/10/19 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

N.R.A. Files Suit Against San Francisco

the new york times wrote:
The National Rifle Association sued San Francisco on Monday, less than a week after the city’s board of supervisors declared the group a terrorist organization and moved to limit relationships with companies that do business with the N.R.A.

. . .

Supervisor Catherine Stefani of the San Francisco board introduced the measure on July 30, on the heels of a shooting at a garlic festival in Gilroy, Calif., that left three dead and more than a dozen others injured.

. . .

Ms. Stefani, a lawyer, said in an interview on Monday that she believed the measure would withstand legal challenges.

“It’s a resolution, it’s not an ordinance, it’s nonbinding,” she said. “This is a desperate move by a desperate organization,” she added. “They misspend their members’ dues for their personal gain, they have many pending investigations against them, and they continue to perpetuate a culture of sick and pervasive gun violence in this country. Their time is up.”

She was referring to recent revelations about the N.R.A.’s spending practices, as well as investigations underway by the attorneys general in New York and the District of Columbia, and in Congress.

PostPosted: 09/22/19 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09/22/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And these aren't even making all the National News headlines anymore.....why bother??

FIVE more shootings at high school football games, in five consecutive weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: