RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fever @ Sky - 7/21/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/22/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Fouling late in the game when you're not in bonus to run time off the clock? Cheating. Intentionally fouling with no attempt to get the ball?

This evil of this scenario is compounded by the fact that the coach and all three refs conspire to allow all these late game fouls to occur without being called intentional, which every single one of them is. Thus prolonging the late game foulfests, which are intolerable. Call them intentional fouls, give shots and the ball back to the fouled team, and this farce will stop.

Other than that, I wouldn't call normal fouls cheating, even sneaky ones, because they will be punished if caught. Flopping is different. It's an attempt to get a foul call on the opposing player when often when there isn't one. I don't know how to discourage it, however, other than an attempt to call it a technical foul. I think there was an emphasis on that once at some level, but it didn't work out too well because it's hard to tell actual charge flops from fake flops -- and who wants more monitor replays to sort that out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: