RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA All Star Weekend 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/12/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
I'm pissed, the fans have spoken and want Collier..but here we are being bush league as usual!! This is why people don't take the W serious! Even WNBA 09 wants Collier as a starter

Woah woah woah Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/12/19 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
I'm pissed, the fans have spoken and want Collier..but here we are being bush league as usual!! This is why people don't take the W serious! Even WNBA 09 wants Collier as a starter

You're always singling my posts out and commenting so I beat you to the punch! Wink Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/12/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

You're always singling my posts out and commenting so I beat you to the punch! Wink Razz

Laughing Laughing sorry nothing personal , i never pay attention to whom i quote all fun & games. On a lighter note Collier being a starter is not far fetched to me. Shes ballin her butt off !

PostPosted: 07/12/19 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So is Collier an all-star, just not a starter... or she still has to be chosen/picked?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/12/19 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
So is Collier an all-star, just not a starter... or she still has to be chosen/picked?

She would still have to be picked.

The only All-Stars chosen so far are the starters. On Monday, the reserves will be announced (chosen by the coaches).

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 07/13/19 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

She would still have to be picked.

The only All-Stars chosen so far are the starters. On Monday, the reserves will be announced (chosen by the coaches).

I'm sure she will be chosen. The question is who will be chosen to replace Loyd in the starting lineup?

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/13/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Collier was the 4th most vote getter why is she not starting?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/13/19 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Because the media and players voted her low so her weighted score didn’t make her a starter.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/15/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA ALL-STAR RESERVES
DeWanna Bonner
Tina Charles
Candice Dupree
Sylvia Fowles
Nneka Ogwumike
Alyssa Thomas
Diamond DeShields
Allie Quigley
Odyssey Sims
Kristi Toliver
Courtney Vandersloot
Erica Wheeler

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/15/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erica Wheeler, from undrafted to All-Star. I'm not sure I would have voted for her, but it sure is a nice story.

How many other undrafted (or unassigned) players have been all-stars. It can't be many.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/15/19 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Now ask why she isn’t even playing in the game! That shouldn’t happen.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 07/15/19 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Collier and Cloud got snubbed.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/15/19 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Collier and Cloud got snubbed.

Im not necessarily in the camp that the third best player on a middle of the pack team should be an All-Star, which is why I’m shocked that Chicago got 3 while Washington only got 2. Coaches must really respect Quigley, either that or the league must reeeallly want Quigley there for the 3-point competition.

herna220

PostPosted: 07/15/19 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Erica Wheeler, from undrafted to All-Star. I'm not sure I would have voted for her, but it sure is a nice story.

How many other undrafted (or unassigned) players have been all-stars. It can't be many.

Can only think of Becky Hammon

pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/19 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Anna DeForge
Erika DeSouza
Becky Hammon
DeMya Walker

I think that's all of them

PostPosted: 07/15/19 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All Stars by rookie class

2006 1
2008 2
2009 2
2010 1
2011 2
2012 1
2013 2
2014 5
2015 2
2016 1
2018 3

PostPosted: 07/15/19 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't figure out why the hell Shoni Schimmel never responded to my autograph request.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/15/19 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

I did vote for her because she has played great and I wanted her to be an all star. Others must have felt the same as she did get on the list.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/15/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wheeler is light years ahead of where she was in Atlanta. She doesn't even look like the same player.

PostPosted: 07/15/19 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With All-Star voting, reputation counts for quite a lot. Once a player makes it as an All-Star their rep will get them on the team even if their numbers are not that great for a season. It's a name recognition thing. That along with their body of work over their careers as well. A good vet will be given the benefit of the doubt for an off year, whereas a rookie or younger player will not even with the same stats.

PostPosted: 07/15/19 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprised Cloud didn't get in, she's become one of my favorite players to watch.

wished she signed with the liberty, unfortunately Washington match it. life would be better at the PG department that's fo'sho

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/16/19 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond?? Seriously???

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/16/19 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Diamond?? Seriously???

The leading scorer on one of the most entertaining teams in the league? Yeah... probably gonna be an All-Star. First of many, so get used to it.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/16/19 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Diamond?? Seriously???

The leading scorer on one of the most entertaining teams in the league? Yeah... probably gonna be an All-Star. First of many, so get used to it.

It's very entertaining to watch her brick 10 midrange jumpers every other game while way more efficient players like Quigley barely see the ball.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/16/19 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

It's very entertaining to watch her brick 10 midrange jumpers every other game while way more efficient players like Quigley barely see the ball.

Gotta cut Diamond a little slack on her FG percentage. She's been dealing with ankle sprains since the preseason. I think it's played a role in Diamond's low fg percentage. DD did shoot 42% her rookie season, and she's shooting better than league average form 3 point range (35%)

Quigley doesn't get more shots opportunities because she's not great at creating individual offense, and will only take wide open shots. This is good for Quigley's field goal percentage but it puts more pressure on Vandersloot and Diamond during high pressure situations. The only players in the starting lineup who can create offense without a pick or screen is Diamond and Sloot.

Diamond's game is more than just fg percentage...She's one of the best playmakers,defenders and rebounders on the team. When the Sky need to create offense late in the game, it's usually Diamond.When they need a defensive stop, it's usually Diamond...DD doesn't have the luxury of playing with a player who can draw double and triple teams (Charles,Griner,EDD, Parker,Fowles)

The Coaches voted Diamond in because they respect her game and the season she's having.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: