RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oregon 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 10/10/19 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be a bit surprised if Prince is given a waiver, but....who knows? Since she was sidelined all last season, she might be given that consideration. Once she AND Nyara are good to go, look out! Surprised

PostPosted: 10/10/19 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whoa. I forgot about Prince. Yes, that could be huge for the Ducks if she got the waiver. I would think they would know by now...but it seems like Shepard didn't get hers until the season had practically started, so who knows...

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/16/19 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So there are 13 players on this year's roster. Three are set to graduate (or more precisely, run out of eligibility) at the end of the year. Their 2020 recruiting class has five players. So that means Oregon should be done recruiting for 2020 as all the spots have been filled up... in theory.

There's at least one or two uncommitted players out there still considering Oregon; if a sixth person were to commit, and no one leaves the team or de-commits during the season (or even if the person commits before any of that were to happen), I wonder what exactly that would signify...

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/16/19 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So there are 13 players on this year's roster. Three are set to graduate (or more precisely, run out of eligibility) at the end of the year. Their 2020 recruiting class has five players. So that means Oregon should be done recruiting for 2020 as all the spots have been filled up... in theory.

There's at least one or two uncommitted players out there still considering Oregon; if a sixth person were to commit, and no one leaves the team or de-commits during the season (or even if the person commits before any of that were to happen), I wonder what exactly that would signify...

I think it signifies that Satou Sabally and her sister will turn pro next year. Shades disagrees ... we'll find out next spring.

PostPosted: 10/16/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her sister, too?? She hasn't even played college ball yet.... Shocked

PostPosted: 10/16/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
So there are 13 players on this year's roster. Three are set to graduate (or more precisely, run out of eligibility) at the end of the season. Their 2020 recruiting class has five players. So that means Oregon should be done recruiting for 2020 as all the spots have been filled up... in theory.

I think it signifies that Satou Sabally and her sister will turn pro next year. Shades disagrees ... we'll find out next spring.

It would be telling if Satou were on track to get her degree at the end of this year, her third year, like how Ionescu and Minyon Moore did last year. Yeah, I'm not convinced Satou or Erin Boley will want to go through a rebuilding year the following season (I can see Boley grad-transferring or going pro). As for Nyara, I think she should stay through at least her junior year to put up a season's worth of stats to show to the pro scouts she can still ball (or not? Confused). Unless she doesn't really care about that and is done with the "college overseas" thing, which she hasn't really experienced healthy... I wouldn't blame her for being done with it at this point.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/16/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

She’s a redshirt freshman with up to 4 years NCAA eligibility left. If she were to go pro, it wouldn’t be in the WNBA.

Oregon keeps getting good recruits now, so it’s not like it’s all over for Oregon once Ionescu graduates.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 10/17/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Howee wrote:

She’s a redshirt freshman with up to 4 years NCAA eligibility left. If she were to go pro, it wouldn’t be in the WNBA.

Oregon keeps getting good recruits now, so it’s not like it’s all over for Oregon once Ionescu graduates.

Exactly. The Sabally sisters could return to Europe to play professionally, and Satou would move on to the WNBA as well.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28743871/oregon-junior-satou-sabally-enter-wnba-draft-season

Satou Sabally officially announces that this is her final season at the U of O. She will enter the 2020 WNBA Draft at the conclusion of the 2019-2020 college season and proceed to play professionally.

Out of curiosity, does anyone (like ClayK) know if she will earn her bachelor's degree at the end of this school year, in the same way Ionescu earned hers in three years last year?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/20/20 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28743871/oregon-junior-satou-sabally-enter-wnba-draft-season

Satou Sabally officially announces that this is her final season at the U of O. She will enter the 2020 WNBA Draft at the conclusion of the 2019-2020 college season and proceed to play professionally.

Out of curiosity, does anyone (like ClayK) know if she will earn her bachelor's degree at the end of this school year, in the same way Ionescu earned hers in three years last year?

S&S or S&S could go 1-2 in the draft.
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/20/20 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a women's college basketball fan: will be sorry to see her go.

As a UCLA women's college basketball fan: will not be sorry to see her go.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
As a women's college basketball fan: will be sorry to see her go.

As a UCLA women's college basketball fan: will not be sorry to see her go.

yep. I hear ya. Next year will be quite a different look in the Pac. Maybe our teams will be duking it out at the top. You have a good replacement for Dean coming in or on the roster now? We pretty much just have to replace Fingall. OrSU should be pretty good too. They really only lose Pivec. She's a big piece of course but I think they'll still be contending. Oregon has a couple of pretty good guards but not sure if the other Sabally will play and what they will do in the middle.

- Amanda Gorman
taropatch

PostPosted: 02/21/20 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

She said she finishes the degree in the summer.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 02/21/20 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
yep. I hear ya. Next year will be quite a different look in the Pac. Maybe our teams will be duking it out at the top. You have a good replacement for Dean coming in or on the roster now? We pretty much just have to replace Fingall. OrSU should be pretty good too. They really only lose Pivec. She's a big piece of course but I think they'll still be contending. Oregon has a couple of pretty good guards but not sure if the other Sabally will play and what they will do in the middle.

Losing Dean will be tough but the current hope in Bruinland is that the ball will be in good hands between Charisma Osborne and Jaden Owens and Lindsey Corsaro. Beyond Dean, everyone else should return next year (barring transfers), so I think UCLA should be in good shape to compete in what will again be a very deep and rough Pac-12. I expect y'all's' team will probably be the preseason favs, though.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/21/20 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miss Satou will most certainly be missed, but can't say I blame her. The Next Guards for OR are getting good training this season, and I'm hoping their frontcourt comes through surprisingly well for them.

Only Giomi is getting much court time, but Nyara Sabally, Sedona Prince, and Lucy Cochrane should give them lots of depth there. Miss Boley should provide senior leadership, but....who knows? "Leadership" will be a huge void to fill.

PostPosted: 02/24/20 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear Oregon Basketball
Sabrina Ionescu (The Players’ Tribune)

Quote:
It’s been a crazy year.
Ever since I announced I was coming back, I knew that nothing would be “normal” pretty much ever again. I knew that we wouldn’t be underdogs this season….. and we might even be favorites. I knew that we’d have pressure on us from Day One, and targets on our backs every night. I knew that we’d have expectations — not just to be good, but to be great.
And at first, honestly, that scared me.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/sabrina-ionescu-dear-oregon-basketball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: