RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Oregon 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12269
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/19 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be a bit surprised if Prince is given a waiver, but....who knows? Since she was sidelined all last season, she might be given that consideration. Once she AND Nyara are good to go, look out! Surprised



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25698



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/10/19 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whoa. I forgot about Prince. Yes, that could be huge for the Ducks if she got the waiver. I would think they would know by now...but it seems like Shepard didn't get hers until the season had practically started, so who knows...



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 358
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/16/19 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So there are 13 players on this year's roster. Three are set to graduate (or more precisely, run out of eligibility) at the end of the year. Their 2020 recruiting class has five players. So that means Oregon should be done recruiting for 2020 as all the spots have been filled up... in theory.

There's at least one or two uncommitted players out there still considering Oregon; if a sixth person were to commit, and no one leaves the team or de-commits during the season (or even if the person commits before any of that were to happen), I wonder what exactly that would signify...


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10096



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/16/19 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So there are 13 players on this year's roster. Three are set to graduate (or more precisely, run out of eligibility) at the end of the year. Their 2020 recruiting class has five players. So that means Oregon should be done recruiting for 2020 as all the spots have been filled up... in theory.

There's at least one or two uncommitted players out there still considering Oregon; if a sixth person were to commit, and no one leaves the team or de-commits during the season (or even if the person commits before any of that were to happen), I wonder what exactly that would signify...


I think it signifies that Satou Sabally and her sister will turn pro next year. Shades disagrees ... we'll find out next spring.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12269
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/16/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her sister, too?? She hasn't even played college ball yet.... Shocked



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 358
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/16/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
So there are 13 players on this year's roster. Three are set to graduate (or more precisely, run out of eligibility) at the end of the season. Their 2020 recruiting class has five players. So that means Oregon should be done recruiting for 2020 as all the spots have been filled up... in theory.

There's at least one or two uncommitted players out there still considering Oregon; if a sixth person were to commit, and no one leaves the team or de-commits during the season (or even if the person commits before any of that were to happen), I wonder what exactly that would signify...


I think it signifies that Satou Sabally and her sister will turn pro next year. Shades disagrees ... we'll find out next spring.


It would be telling if Satou were on track to get her degree at the end of this year, her third year, like how Ionescu and Minyon Moore did last year. Yeah, I'm not convinced Satou or Erin Boley will want to go through a rebuilding year the following season (I can see Boley grad-transferring or going pro). As for Nyara, I think she should stay through at least her junior year to put up a season's worth of stats to show to the pro scouts she can still ball (or not? Confused). Unless she doesn't really care about that and is done with the "college overseas" thing, which she hasn't really experienced healthy... I wouldn't blame her for being done with it at this point.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52803



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/16/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Her sister, too?? She hasn't even played college ball yet.... Shocked


She’s a redshirt freshman with up to 4 years NCAA eligibility left. If she were to go pro, it wouldn’t be in the WNBA.

Oregon keeps getting good recruits now, so it’s not like it’s all over for Oregon once Ionescu graduates.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10096



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Howee wrote:
Her sister, too?? She hasn't even played college ball yet.... Shocked


She’s a redshirt freshman with up to 4 years NCAA eligibility left. If she were to go pro, it wouldn’t be in the WNBA.

Oregon keeps getting good recruits now, so it’s not like it’s all over for Oregon once Ionescu graduates.


Exactly. The Sabally sisters could return to Europe to play professionally, and Satou would move on to the WNBA as well.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin