Aces
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/06/19 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Aces and Mystics play again on July 13, but in D.C. Maybe they finish the game the day before?

Or the day after. Both teams have six days off afterwards.

maybe they can play at the United Center and have another leak event. Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/19 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Aces and Mystics play again on July 13, but in D.C. Maybe they finish the game the day before?

Or the day after. Both teams have six days off afterwards.

maybe they can play at the United Center and have another leak event. Laughing

This is two years in a row that Mystics-Aces games have had bizarre issues. LV wound up forfeiting to Washington last year.

PostPosted: 07/06/19 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5TWIn9idbe0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qmHQuuOcQpY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GIA8RFQkE6Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
willtalk

PostPosted: 07/06/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People, i never said it was "quite a shake" where i was located, rather just that it had to be quite a shake to be able to feel it from 300 miles away. At the time it happened I wasn't even sure it was an earthquake at the time because I was sitting in my easy chair watching a movie. I initially thought one of the cats had hit the top of the chair jumping of a cabinet. Seeing that there were no cats around i thought it might have been a minor earthquake, but never expected it to be that far away. Usually, we catch the ones from the Bay Area or from some closer faults.

Quakes do not scare me. Nothing scares me except bears, sea snakes and winding mountain roads. So the earthquake wimp statement was uncalled for.

PostPosted: 07/06/19 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I don't know how that will work. What if the rosters change before they find a makeup date? Will Meesseman be eligible to play in the second half?

Happened at least once in the NBA (Nets vs 76ers) in the 1970s although not because of an earthquake. Had more to do with a referee going crazy by issuing 3 technical fouls on a player and coach. The team protested and the league made them do a do over from the point where things went crazy, They let new players play. To make it more complicated the 76ers and Nets made a four player trade in between the game's original date and the day the game was actually finished (Tameka Catchings' dad was part of that trade btw) and a player named Eric Money actually scored points for both teams in the official game record when all was said and done.

All I can say is let the Aces and Mystics pull off a trade between now and when the game is completed! Laughing Laughing

https://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/06/philadelphia-76ers-new-jersey-nets-crazy-game-trade-1978-79-season?fbclid=IwAR2vy7ZIXnvLCfPCLO7CdCh7U-H55e_ugKUdTRXvtb0sQD0VVNLUNE_CJdg

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/06/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they sell tickets for the makeup game, they should run an advertisement deal with Groupon... Half-price tickets, half-price beer, and half a game! Razz

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/06/19 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks to me like Aug 5 or 6 would work since the Mystics are already out West and in Phoenix on the 4th. Venue of course is a question.

- Amanda Gorman
bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/06/19 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I thought the game was going to pick up where it left off. The Aces playing in DC is not picking up where they left off.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/07/19 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IVTSIUr2ohY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/07/19 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does the WNBA have an official rule regarding this type of situation? For example, MLB games count as complete games after the 5th inning if they have to be stopped for weather, and most motorsports organizations have a similar rule for a specified number of laps. Likewise, MLB has rules about rescheduling games that are suspended before they count as complete, for example, preceding later games between the 2 teams and what players can be used.

herna220

PostPosted: 07/29/19 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pt 2 on August 5?

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/27281174/earthquake-game-made-aug-5

pilight

PostPosted: 07/29/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's showing on the W schedule then also

PostPosted: 07/30/19 5:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics start with a 15 point lead and Emma Meesseman, and the Aces are down Aja Wilson and not actually playing on their home floor. I would submit this barely qualifies as Part 2 of the same game.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/30/19 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even on their true home floor with Wilson, and no Meesseman for the Styx, the Aces were/are still down 15... maybe Washington goes on to win by 30+, but I'm willing to, uhh, "bet" (#VegasPuns) that through It All, the Aces somehow make a game of it - tho I myself am hoping/predicting the Mystics still pull through. I'm just glad we get (half) a game on a Monday. Rolling Eyes

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/30/19 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
The Mystics start with a 15 point lead and Emma Meesseman, and the Aces are down Aja Wilson and not actually playing on their home floor. I would submit this barely qualifies as Part 2 of the same game.

Yes but you see, having Emma is actually bad for us! Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/30/19 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meesseman wasn't on the active roster when the game started, so she's not allowed to play in it when it re-starts.

PostPosted: 07/30/19 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Washington is expected to have Emma Meesseman, who missed the original game because she was playing for Belgium in the EuroBasket Tournament.

"It's very nice to have Emma, given the number of games we didn't have her for,'' Thibault said.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
All players on the Mystics’ and Aces’ active rosters as of August 5, 2019 will be eligible to play. Those players who participated in the game on July 5 will retain their original individual statistics, including foul totals. Players new to either team’s roster as of Aug. 5 will begin the resumed contest with zero personal fouls.

https://www.wnba.com/news/resumption-of-mystics-at-aces-game-scheduled-for-aug-5/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fair enough, the League changed their minds at some point. Probably makes sense in terms of a precedent, in case of a future mid-game suspension where a big trade happens before the rest of the game is played.

PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Fair enough, the League changed their minds at some point. Probably makes sense in terms of a precedent, in case of a future mid-game suspension where a big trade happens before the rest of the game is played.

The League should have stuck with their original statement re a player who did not play in the July game would not be able to play in the Aug game. Even tho it doesn't matter cause Wilson is out but I would love to see the Aces win this game!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

The League should have stuck with their original statement re a player who did not play in the July game would not be able to play in the Aug game. Even tho it doesn't matter cause Wilson is out but I would love to see the Aces win this game!

I feel like they're probably worried about what happens if there's, say, a 3-for-1 trade in the gap, then an injury or two plus maybe some fringe roster changes with the 11th/12th spots like we often see - a team could be down to 5 or 6 players from the original date without too much trouble. Then you might have to make a different ruling due to circumstance just so a team can fulfil the fixture. So if they establish the precedent now that you can use your current roster it minimises the likelihood of future issues.

PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

When did the league say this? Nobody supplied a link or a quote.

If it’s got to be all the same players in the game, they need to suspend the game until Wilson is ready to play.

herna220

PostPosted: 08/03/19 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently tickets for the 2nd half are available for the game for $10. According to the tweet it will be half off pretzels, half off popcorn, and 2 for 1 hot dogs.

https://twitter.com/LVAces/status/1157494075056107522?s=20

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 08/05/19 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump!

toad455

PostPosted: 08/05/19 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage is doubtful for tonight's game(rest). Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/BySamGordon/status/1158394996195643393

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: