RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/injuries/etc. 19-20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/01/19 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6'5" Junior post player Eva Rubin is transferring from Arizona State. She's from the Chicago area. She Played sparingly during her first two seasons in Tempe.

Ja'Tavia Tapley, A 6'3" graduate transfer from Southern California and Jami Rudin a 6'1" senior forward will handle duties in the low post.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 11/01/19 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
6'5" Junior post player Eva Rubin is transferring from Arizona State. She's from the Chicago area. She Played sparingly during her first two seasons in Tempe.

Ja'Tavia Tapley, A 6'3" graduate transfer from Southern California and Jami Rudin a 6'1" senior forward will handle duties in the low post.

It would be nice to see Jamie Ruden get some more playing time. When we played against her in AAU, which was quite often, she was always a very classy player. Tough competitor but not cheap.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/01/19 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades, I am assuming you cut and paste that image/graphic of espnW's 2018 rankings from Raoul's Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1189568461804068864

If you did and if you are not Raoul, it sure would be nice if you would credit the source.

Perhaps Raoul took it from Shades....maybe Raoul and Shade are the same person.....

I don't know about y'all, but I can't copy/paste from Raoul, so maybe he took it straight from ESPN, okay?

PostPosted: 11/01/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades, I am assuming you cut and paste that image/graphic of espnW's 2018 rankings from Raoul's Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1189568461804068864

If you did and if you are not Raoul, it sure would be nice if you would credit the source.

Perhaps Raoul took it from Shades....maybe Raoul and Shade are the same person.....

I don't know about y'all, but I can't copy/paste from Raoul, so maybe he took it straight from ESPN, okay?

iPhones work magic. No need to copy and paste.

PostPosted: 11/01/19 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wiscnews.com/sports/college/basketball/women/badgers-women-s-basketball-team-looks-to-build-on-last/article_c1715f32-0c26-5ad6-9ffa-8e04330fd947.html

Some bad news for the Wisconsin women’s team. Courtney Fredrickson has not yet been cleared to play after her ACL last year. And Carmen Backes is struggling and may not play this year. She was injured with various things (back, knee, etc) throughout high school, so it’ll be interesting to see if she plays. She is a very good player, but has dealt with too many health issues.

Matt5762

PostPosted: 11/06/19 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Old news, but I hadn't seen it posted and was wondering what happened to her:

https://seminoles.com/nicoletti-expected-to-miss-2019-20-season/

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/09/19 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As already mentioned in another thread, ND's Abby Prohaska is out indefinitely with bilateral pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs). She's considered out "indefinitely." (Hopefully she'll have a speedy recovery.)

If that wasn't bad enough for ND's already short bench, Vaughn is out 4-6 weeks with a knee sprain.

That brings ND's scholarship player list down to 7, and one is a former walk-on who was given a scholarship. ND has 4 walk-ons. Of the players who played on ND's team last, 74% of the returning minutes were those two players. The players currently healthy and playing for ND played just 4% of the minutes last year.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 11/11/19 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zaay Green of Tennessee, Just announced. Torn ACL.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/11/19 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
Crying or Very sad was looking forward to seeing her this year.

- Amanda Gorman
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/11/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bre'amber Scott tweeted she's leaving Miss State. Kinda odd to make the announcement after the season just started....

Aahh. Actually she entered the Transfer Portal some 2 weeks ago, so this isn't necessarily news today. I edit my post to say it's kinda odd that she's tweeting she's transferring today, after entering the portal earlier.

I guess there was a chance that she could change her mind, but now decided that she won't......

PRballer

PostPosted: 11/12/19 2:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Bre'amber Scott tweeted she's leaving Miss State. Kinda odd to make the announcement after the season just started....

Aahh. Actually she entered the Transfer Portal some 2 weeks ago, so this isn't necessarily news today. I edit my post to say it's kinda odd that she's tweeting she's transferring today, after entering the portal earlier.

I guess there was a chance that she could change her mind, but now decided that she won't......

The tone and "abrupt" nature of the tweet I found interesting....but then I started reviewing her Twitter feed and there is definitely some love and mutual respect with her MSST teammates; and then I found her retweeting a male player who posed "heading back home" (presumably a transfer?) and it was an image of an Arkansas jersey.

Methinks she's doing the same and trying to get it on what Neighbors is building in Fayetville? Wouldn't be surprised. She's clearly SEC-caliber talent, and starter-worthy talent at that!

TexDawg

PostPosted: 11/12/19 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vic said in his post game press conference last night that he had been visiting with Bre on a weekly basis, that he loves the kid, and he's here to help her wherever she ends up. "I'm a Bre fan, I love the kid to death, and I'm here to do anything I can to help her" were his exact words.

I haven't heard what the issue is, but I know that Vic really, really likes Bre'Amber. I'm sure he tried to keep her in Starkville.

PostPosted: 11/12/19 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee G Zaay Green tore her right ACL Saturday and is lost for the season.

PostPosted: 11/12/19 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:
Crying or Very sad was looking forward to seeing her this year.

Sad day shadowed by a great win !

PostPosted: 11/13/19 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Cox out with “a stress reaction to the second metatarsal in her right foot & is out indefinitely.“
https://twitter.com/juscarts/status/1194707905750224896?s=21

My personal research
Quote:
A stress reaction is the precursor to a stress fracture. While at the stress-reaction stage, the bone structure is breaking down and becoming weaker, but does not actually contain any fracture. A stress fracture means the structure of the bone has been compromised by a crack or fracture.

Recoverers time:
4-12 weeks.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 11/17/19 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aquira DeCosta goes from Baylor to ...

Loyola Marymount.

PostPosted: 11/23/19 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU sophomore F Casey Irvine out indefinitely with post-concussion symptoms. Can't pass the protocol. Possible redshirt, I guess.

PostPosted: 11/25/19 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two Auburn playars, sophomore Abigayle Jackson and freshman Maliya Perry have placed their names in the transfer portal. Already...and the season has barely started. But first semester is about over, I guess. https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/11/two-from-auburn-womens-basketball-enter-transfer-portal.html

PostPosted: 11/26/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ariel Young: Michigan —> North Carolina

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OrSU's Corosdale supposedly out for the year with a hamstring. Fortunately their frosh posts have been playing well but they will miss the experience in some circumstances.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 11/29/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
OrSU's Corosdale supposedly out for the year with a hamstring. Fortunately their frosh posts have been playing well but they will miss the experience in some circumstances.

Hamstring? Dang....that takes a whole season? Must have been a rupture or something like that? Shocked

And what about Aquino, Mitrovic and Morris? He's got some BIG girls that aren't even playing in blowouts.... Razz

PostPosted: 11/29/19 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Hamstring? Dang....that takes a whole season? Must have been a rupture or something like that? Shocked

And what about Aquino, Mitrovic and Morris? He's got some BIG girls that aren't even playing in blowouts.... Razz

Apparently Corosdale had surgery, which yes, means a rupture. And supposedly all of those others are still out with injuries.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington St No 10 Muzet helped off court vs Indiana with leg injury.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/03/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Dangerfield (back) at Seton Hall Thurs for CT.

According to New Haven TV sports tonight, UConn doesn't know the exact problem. No prognosis given.

PostPosted: 12/04/19 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
No Dangerfield (back) at Seton Hall Thurs for CT.

According to New Haven TV sports tonight, UConn doesn't know the exact problem. No prognosis given.

Back injuries always scare me ... I had three girls in my coaching career come up after practice one day and say their back hurt -- and none ever played again.

Of course, most back injuries go away, but still ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: