RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/injuries/etc. 19-20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/04/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
No Dangerfield (back) at Seton Hall Thurs for CT.

According to New Haven TV sports tonight, UConn doesn't know the exact problem. No prognosis given.

Back injuries always scare me ... I had three girls in my coaching career come up after practice one day and say their back hurt -- and none ever played again.

Of course, most back injuries go away, but still ...

That was one of the problems Savannah Felgemacher had when she was at JMU (the other was a tricky knee). She transferred to Radford and has done well, but apparently the back trouble has continued off and on.

PostPosted: 12/06/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Aquira DeCosta goes from Baylor to ...

Loyola Marymount.

DeCosta says:

Quote:
Go somewhere you are NEEDED not wanted. Would you rather be apart of an ongoing legacy that with or without you will still remain a legacy, or go a different path and create your own legacy?
ClayK

PostPosted: 12/07/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Aquira DeCosta goes from Baylor to ...

Loyola Marymount.

DeCosta says:

Quote:
Go somewhere you are NEEDED not wanted. Would you rather be apart of an ongoing legacy that with or without you will still remain a legacy, or go a different path and create your own legacy?

Smart young woman ... why go somewhere they're trying to recruit over you from day one?

PostPosted: 12/08/19 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vanderbilt's Brinae Alexander, 5'10", soph is out for the season with a ruptured achilles. She was their best 3-point shooter and leading scorer through the first six games this season.
Kyndall Golden, 6'3", freshman was already out indefinitely with a knee injury. She had only played a few minutes, but had the distinction of being 1 for 1 from the field and 1 for 1 from the FT line. (100%).
They had so many injuries last year that in one game I believe they had to play a walk-on to have five players on the floor.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/10/19 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6'5 C Eva Rubin, formerly of Arizona State, is transferring to Illinois, back to her home state (she's from Homewood, IL, and was a standout for Homewood-Flossmoor HS) as a midyear transfer. She'll be eligible midyear 2020-21 and have 2 years left to play.

A couple of transfer waivers granted:
Rayshel Brown, who transferred from LaSalle to Siena https://sienasaints.com/news/2019/12/4/womens-basketball-brown-granted-waiver-by-ncaa-eligible-to-play.aspx
Marcella Lamark, who left Texas Tech for Pitt. (sorry, no link)

On the other hand, Mikayla Coombs, who left UConn for Georgia, had her request for waiver denied.
https://www.macon.com/sports/college/university-of-georgia/bulldogs-beat/article238003834.html

PostPosted: 12/11/19 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard Sedona Prince was denied eligibility this year at Oregon ...

PostPosted: 12/11/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I heard that too. Probably just as well as it sounds like she's still not anywhere close to ready to play.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 12/11/19 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I heard that too. Probably just as well as it sounds like she's still not anywhere close to ready to play.

Is "not anywhere close to ready" referring to an ongoing injury concern?

PostPosted: 12/11/19 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Is "not anywhere close to ready" referring to an ongoing injury concern?

yes. it still has to do with the horrific leg break she suffered Summer of 2018. And subsequent multiple surgeries in multiple venues. I saw a picture recently where she was walking, but with an almost full leg brace. I also think I've heard Kelly in an interview mention that she wasn't close yet...but you could ask him yourself! [and report back!]

- Amanda Gorman
dinkytown

PostPosted: 12/15/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercedes Staples has entered the portal from Minnesota.
Former Top 100 (2018 #64) guard committed to Clemson then a coaching change occurred so she came to Minnesota. Imagine she will be going back west (from Utah).

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/15/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maliya Perry, 6'0 F wing formerly of Auburn, has announced that she's transferring to Dayton. (per Raoul, no link, sorry)

PostPosted: 01/05/20 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not really a surprise, but ND's Abby Prohaska will officially sit out the entire season due to her bilateral pulmonary embolism (Blood clots in both lungs). At least she'll have a 5th year if she wants it.

Even if the blood clots were to dissolve before the end of the season, it's probably not a good idea to try to play while on blood thinners.

https://twitter.com/anthonyanders11/status/1213520919802601472?s=21

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/08/20 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G Valerie Nesbitt has been dismissed from the Ole Miss Rebels (sorry, can't get the link to paste from my Twitter feed to computer)

PostPosted: 01/08/20 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
G Valerie Nesbitt has been dismissed from the Ole Miss Rebels (sorry, can't get the link to paste from my Twitter feed to computer)

https://www.oxfordeagle.com/2020/01/07/ole-miss-womens-basketball-parts-ways-with-valerie-nesbitt/

Quote:
McPhee-McCuin would not go into specifics on what had caused the team to want to move forward without their talented guard, saying that Nesbitt exhibited “actions that didn’t reflect the way I want to run a program.”

Through the team’s opening 15 games, Nesbitt was the team’s second leading scorer, averaging 11.3 points per game, and played the second most minutes of anyone on the team with 24.3.

“No level of player, no talent can make me sacrifice what we’re trying to build,” McPhee-McCuin said. “I’ve known (Nesbit) for a long time. She’ll probably be a part of my life moving forward, just not in this fashion, right now. I’m just giving her that freedom to be able to right some of her wrongs. And not just right her wrongs, just grow personally. That’s just where we are right now.”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/08/20 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, Shades.

PostPosted: 01/08/20 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercer transfer Jordan McLaughlin, 5'6 PG out of Charlotte, has committed to NC A&T, per Raoul.

Also, Tihana Stojstavljevic, a 6'3 RS Jr F from Zagreb, Croatia, is grad-transferring from Texas Tech to UVA. She'll be immediately eligible and have another year of eligibility left. Should bolster the Cavs' front line and give the ACC announcers fits trying to pronounce her name!
https://virginiasports.com/news/2019/12/19/virginia-womens-basketball-adds-grad-transfer-tihana-stojsavljevic.aspx

PostPosted: 01/09/20 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she might have to be on a blood thinner for long time and if carefully watched there probably isn't a reason why she can't play.....however, we don't know WH she got those blood clots, which is a very very serious condition...

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/09/20 6:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2020/01/08/season-ending-knee-injury-sidelines-purdues-tamara-farquhar/2843426001/

The Purdue women's basketball team will move forward without junior Tamara Farquhar, who is done for the season after suffering a knee injury.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/09/20 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And because ND hasn't quite fulfilled their full reenactment of the trials of Job this year, Anaya Peoples is listed as "questionable" for the BC game tonight. Her shoulder "popped out and went back in” against Syracuse according to McGraw. Peoples will try practicing with a brace and see how it works.

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/09/20 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
And because ND hasn't quite fulfilled their full reenactment of the trials of Job this year, Anaya Peoples is listed as "questionable" for the BC game tonight. Her shoulder "popped out and went back in” against Syracuse according to McGraw. Peoples will try practicing with a brace and see how it works.

Yikes, is that the same shoulder she had surgery on last year? I had that "pop out, slide right back in" which ended my adult rec league basketball career.

I feel for her, that's a frustrating and PAINFUL injury. Sad

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 01/09/20 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That same type of shoulder situation ended my husband’s adult rec-league softball career as well. Once it is to the point where it can pop out and pop back in easily, it is a lot easier for it to pop out again, as the support system is damaged...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/13/20 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former Minnesota player Mercedes Staples (Bountiful, Utah) has landed at San Diego State of the Mountain West. The 6'1 Fbecomes eligible midyear next season.
https://goaztecs.com/news/2020/1/10/womens-basketball-aztecs-land-minnesota-transfer-mercedes-staples.aspx

Jordan Bailey, 6'1 F out of Colbert, GA, is transferring from ODU and is no longer listed on the team roster. The article referencing this transfer is paywalled, from the Daily Advance of Elizabeth City, NC.

PostPosted: 01/15/20 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittany Garner, a 6'4 redshirt frosh for Mizzou is no longer on the tiger roster and according to Raoul is listed in the transfer portal. She is originally from Philadelphia.

adamj95

PostPosted: 01/16/20 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/desip33/status/1217918871019106306?s=21

Destiny Pitts, G, Minnesota is entering the transfer portal.

PostPosted: 01/16/20 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The letter she posted, was pretty interesting, especially the part about never having been disciplined at any level in basketball. I wonder if Notre Dame will pick her up, and try to get a waiver for her to play this year..... 😂

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: