Mercury
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 06/24/19 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Derek Fisher needs to get a grip ... what he's doing isn't working.

This is a very talented roster (with some issues, granted) that's going in the wrong direction.

Exactly. He seemed brilliant before Candace came back. Now his "it's ALL about Candace" way of coaching is dumb as a doornail. Nobody - not one player on the team including Candace - knows their role on the team. Candace is primary option every time down the floor. Chelsea Gray is floundering all of a sudden.

I have to say this is the stupidest coaching I've ever seen in the WNBA. How to destroy a team in one step.

Agree 100%, Candace clearly isn't in game shape yet and for some reason he has her spending a lot of time on the perimeter.

It's pretty clear this is a coaching issue, which is extremely disappointing given how talented the roster is.
Shades

PostPosted: 06/24/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

This is a very talented roster (with some issues, granted) that's going in the wrong direction.

Exactly. He seemed brilliant before Candace came back. Now his "it's ALL about Candace" way of coaching is dumb as a doornail. Nobody - not one player on the team including Candace - knows their role on the team. Candace is primary option every time down the floor. Chelsea Gray is floundering all of a sudden.

I have to say this is the stupidest coaching I've ever seen in the WNBA. How to destroy a team in one step.

Agree 100%, Candace clearly isn't in game shape yet and for some reason he has her spending a lot of time on the perimeter.

It's pretty clear this is a coaching issue, which is extremely disappointing given how talented the roster is.

Hard to say if it’s a bad coaching issue. Might be a new coaching issue with new egos to manage on the team. Seems like there’s a lot of pressure from some for a new coach to get results right away.

Parker on the perimeter offensively will most likely be the trend if Vadeeva becomes the starting center. Might as well get her used to it. Nneka on the perimeter might work too.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/24/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Hard to say if it’s a bad coaching issue. Might be a new coaching issue with new egos to manage on the team. Seems like there’s a lot of pressure from some for a new coach to get results right away.

Parker on the perimeter offensively will most likely be the trend if Vadeeva becomes the starting center. Might as well get her used to it. Nneka on the perimeter might work too.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/24/19 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dont forget Agler had trouble handling the big line up in the beginning aswell

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
flojojr2007

PostPosted: 06/24/19 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
flojojr2007 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Nneka has actually done quite a bit of her scoring away from the basket this season, so I think she's a better fit if Fisher plans on going big when Vadeeva returns.

If that's the plan, why not start Brown until Vadeeva returns?

Many of the issues I see with Fisher are the same problems he had in NY. However, the Sparks actually have a talented roster, unlike the Knicks Laughing
pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/19 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Dont forget Agler had trouble handling the big line up in the beginning aswell

Did he?

His first season the team struggled because Candace Parker missed most of the season. The Sparks were 11-5 with her in the lineup, 3-15 without. That's not a big lineup problem, that's a Marianna Tolo isn't Candace Parker problem.

The next year the Sparks were champions.

PostPosted: 06/24/19 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA has never won a championship starting a big lineup.....Go out and get a SG/SF who can put the ball in the basket.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/24/19 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
LA has never won a championship starting a big lineup.....Go out and get a SG/SF who can put the ball in the basket.

They have been needing a 3 forever. I don't understand why they haven't taken care of it by now. It's ridiculous!

pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/19 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Essence Carson was an underrated piece of their last title team

#NATC

PostPosted: 06/24/19 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Yeah, letting her go doesn't seem like a great move to solve the "good guards, good posts, obvious weakness at the 3 spot" problem. To me, their predicament is at least as much of a GM issue as a coaching issue.
Which isn't to say that Fisher is a good coach, but he has been handed a really tough assignment for a rookie coach.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Yeah, letting her go doesn't seem like a great move to solve the "good guards, good posts, obvious weakness at the 3 spot" problem. To me, their predicament is at least as much of a GM issue as a coaching issue.
Which isn't to say that Fisher is a good coach, but he has been handed a really tough assignment for a rookie coach.

Carson is 32 years old and looks a half step slower than a couple of years ago. She doesn't have the same value now that she did when the Sparks won it all.

OTOH, SF is a problem area for a lot of teams. Lots of three guard sets and teams making do with what they've got.

PostPosted: 06/24/19 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
flojojr2007 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Shades: stepping into a discussion about a team that's an arch rival of his Lynx and taking the opposite position of Sparks fans. Ho hum. Same ol' same ol'. Shades also claimed that Trudi and Sheila were not the biggest problem of the Mystics. And yet - POOF - the Mystics revival began the instant Trudi got canned and Sheila kept her trap shut. Meanwhile, the Mystics lost over half their fan base - fans who got so burned they won't come back.

Sparks fans are not Liberty fans, who have to debate over and over and over the number of angels on the head of a pin. The Sparks went from a top team in the league to looking like a lotto team in an instant. With the healthy players on the roster, they were winning.

This dumpster fire falls 100% on Coach Fisher - the most royally stupid coach to ever coach in this league. If it was Penny Toler who pulled the trigger to hire him, she needs to pull the fire trigger. One game makes him questionable. Two games make him stupid. Three games is utter epic fail.

~rAf
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/24/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Carson is 32 years old and looks a half step slower than a couple of years ago. She doesn't have the same value now that she did when the Sparks won it all.

OTOH, SF is a problem area for a lot of teams. Lots of three guard sets and teams making do with what they've got.

Yep, but three guard lineups can work just fine because there's no shortage of space on the perimeter. Making Do is not as simple when your excess is in post players.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/24/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
flojojr2007 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Shades: stepping into a discussion about a team that's an arch rival of his Lynx and taking the opposite position of Sparks fans. Ho hum. Same ol' same ol'. Shades also claimed that Trudi and Sheila were not the biggest problem of the Mystics. And yet - POOF - the Mystics revival began the instant Trudi got canned and Sheila kept her trap shut. Meanwhile, the Mystics lost over half their fan base - fans who got so burned they won't come back.

Sparks fans are not Liberty fans, who have to debate over and over and over the number of angels on the head of a pin. The Sparks went from a top team in the league to looking like a lotto team in an instant. With the healthy players on the roster, they were winning.

This dumpster fire falls 100% on Coach Fisher - the most royally stupid coach to ever coach in this league. If it was Penny Toler who pulled the trigger to hire him, she needs to pull the fire trigger. One game makes him questionable. Two games make him stupid. Three games is utter epic fail.

This post sounds like an abbreviation of the Trump presidency. Very Happy

PostPosted: 06/25/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA has shooters on the roster, all of whom played well when given minutes this season.

I don't understand why Fisher doesn't move to play 2 shooters with AB/TRP then rotate his post players at the 4 & 5. Right now, he's playing AB & TRP together, which makes zero sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: