RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mystics @ Dream - 6/23/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/24/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Except they weren't a "bad team going nowhere" last year. They were, legitimately, a Top 3 team in the league, that had a stylistic/matchup advantage over the best team, and a legitimate title contender, until Jefferson blew out McCoughtry's knee.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/24/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Except they weren't a "bad team going nowhere" last year. They were, legitimately, a Top 3 team in the league, that had a stylistic/matchup advantage over the best team, and a legitimate title contender, until Jefferson blew out McCoughtry's knee.

I do agree. Can Atlanta make a push for the playoffs once McCoughtry returns from her injury?

PostPosted: 06/24/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Small crowd? The box score said 4,000 were there, and we know that the attendance numbers are always right on.

And it's interesting that Cazorla is doing so well ... there was no doubt she was smart enough and skilled enough to be effective on offense, but she's shown more athleticism on the defensive end.

This is a bad team going nowhere, it appears, so why not start her?

It was a bad team “going nowhere” last year too and they ended up in the semifinals. With Hayes showing signs of life and McCoughtry comeback looming, it’s a bit premature to be suggesting giving up on the season just to showcase Cazorla.

Good point ... right now, it's pretty hard to pick out the bottom half of the playoffs. There's a lot of teams trying to find their way.

PostPosted: 06/24/19 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Last year, ATL was 7-8 on June 29. They went on to win 16 of their last 19 games. You didn’t get that the perspective was that it’s too early to give up on the season?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/24/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Last year, ATL was 7-8 on June 29. They went on to win 16 of their last 19 games. You didn’t get that the perspective was that it’s too early to give up on the season?

No, because I attribute the slow start last year to the fact that they had a new coach, who was implementing a new defense. This year, they started the season with the same coach, and the same system; they should not be this poor defensively, and their defense is the reason why they're losing.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/19 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

No, because I attribute the slow start last year to the fact that they had a new coach, who was implementing a new defense. This year, they started the season with the same coach, and the same system; they should not be this poor defensively, and their defense is the reason why they're losing.

For all of her scoring, Angel helps the team on defense far more than offense. She is committed to playing hard on defense all the time, and that makes everyone else work harder on that end.

PostPosted: 06/24/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

For all of her scoring, Angel helps the team on defense far more than offense. She is committed to playing hard on defense all the time, and that makes everyone else work harder on that end.

The above statement is true. McCoughtry should have gotten that coach of the year award. Collen got credit for McCoughtry's hard work. Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: