RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Team USA 2020/2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/21/21 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird is an excellent choice to be flag bearer

PostPosted: 07/21/21 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/21/us-flagbearers-olympics-opening-ceremony-sue-bird-eddy-alvarez/8038385002/

I'm sure the Sue/DT/UCONN/Geno haters are going to handle this well.

Why ?

PostPosted: 07/21/21 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/21/us-flagbearers-olympics-opening-ceremony-sue-bird-eddy-alvarez/8038385002/

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt- I don't think they'll be so petty.

They probably object more to Bird being on the team in the first place.

I hope the basketball team watched Sweden kick the soccer team's ass.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 07/21/21 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Why ?

Exactly. Players can be subject to criticism, but still garner our support. We gotta get rid of this our girls syndrome crap.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/22/21 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 07/23/21 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tokyo 2021 - Women's Basketball
7/25/21
9:00 PM

Group B Winner
USA (W)-2000
France (W)+950
Japan (W)+2800
Nigeria (W)+6600

Anyone willing to risk $10,000 can make an easy $500 profit by betting the USA to win Group B, on the Bovada site.

Lock of the Year. Smile

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 07/23/21 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The haters will have one less target in 2024.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/olympics/as-storm-and-team-usa-legend-sue-bird-gets-set-to-chase-her-fifth-gold-medal-she-says-this-olympics-will-be-her-last/

PostPosted: 07/25/21 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/olympics/as-storm-and-team-usa-legend-sue-bird-gets-set-to-chase-her-fifth-gold-medal-she-says-this-olympics-will-be-her-last/

Well, of course. She would 43 at the next Olympics. I know USA Basketball explicitly said she could be on the team as long as she wanted, but a 43 yo is not going to be on the team.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/25/21 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:

Well, of course. She would 43 at the next Olympics. I know USA Basketball explicitly said she could be on the team as long as she wanted, but a 43 yo is not going to be on the team.

The greatest basketball career scorer in Olympic and world professional history, Holy Hand, did withdraw from Olympic play after five Olympics at age 38.

However, he continued professional play for another seven years, winning league and scoring championships until retiring at age 45. He was perennially beloved by all his country's fans, including everyone at RebKell-Brazil, even though he was over 30, and hence "old", for half of his 29-year professional and SNT career.

Just some history for those who never had the privilege of watching the iGOAT.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/26/21 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there already a game thread about the game from USA vs Nigeria. I also saw a nice first matchup between the Opals and Belgium tomorrow

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 07/26/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:

The greatest basketball career scorer in Olympic and world professional history, Holy Hand, did withdraw from Olympic play after five Olympics at age 38.

However, he continued professional play for another seven years, winning league and scoring championships until retiring at age 45. He was perennially beloved by all his country's fans, including everyone at RebKell-Brazil, even though he was over 30, and hence "old", for half of his 29-year professional and SNT career.

Just some history for those who never had the privilege of watching the iGOAT.

My favorite Oscar story was when a reporter asked why he didn't play defense. He replied “Some people, they move the piano. Some people, they play the piano.”

PostPosted: 07/26/21 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Is there already a game thread about the game from USA vs Nigeria. I also saw a nice first matchup between the Opals and Belgium tomorrow

Probably won’t get a US game thread the politics have reared their ugly heads Confused

PostPosted: 07/26/21 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Probably won’t get a US game thread the politics have reared their ugly heads Confused

ummm.... but I stickied it and everything!

PostPosted: 07/27/21 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go USA and we see you DT.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/27/21 4:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Hmm ok what did i miss?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/27/21 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

ummm.... but I stickied it and everything!

Thanks Luuc was referencing 3x3 I’ve had a hard time finding threads for them

PostPosted: 08/04/21 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is interesting that 3 out of the 4 teams in the Semi-Finals came out of the USA’s group. And the USA beat both Japan and France, but not by a ton. Could make for a fun gold medal game if the US gets by Serbia.

PostPosted: 08/08/21 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thoughts on the 2022 team for the World Championship? Bird and Taurasi should be out. The Worlds will likely be immediately after the 2022 WNBA season. Do players like Fowles and Charles opt-out? If Delle Donne is healthy, is she a lock? Think they need to add a young post as well with either McCowan or even NaLyssa Smith

PG: Gray/Diggins/Ionescu
SG: Loyd/Atkins
SF: Collier/DeShields
PF: Stewart/Delle Donne?
C: Griner/Wilson/McCowan or Smith(if Fowles and Charles opt-out)

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/08/21 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Thoughts on the 2022 team for the World Championship? Bird and Taurasi should be out. The Worlds will likely be immediately after the 2022 WNBA season. Do players like Fowles and Charles opt-out? If Delle Donne is healthy, is she a lock? Think they need to add a young post as well with either McCowan or even NaLyssa Smith

?McCoughtry

toad455

PostPosted: 08/08/21 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

?McCoughtry

McCoughtry's time with Team USA is done.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/08/21 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCoughtry will turn 38, the month after the Paris Olympics. Only Taurasi and the Compiler get that kind of treatment.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 08/09/21 5:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i see arike, paige, and sabrina at the top of the replacement list for sue and diana.

based on this olympics i don't see sylvia being back... and i don't know if someone like skylar would WANT to be back.

so other than maybe tina and skylar, i don't think there are any roster spots changing over.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/09/21 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i see arike, paige, and sabrina at the top of the replacement list for sue and diana.

based on this olympics i don't see sylvia being back... and i don't know if someone like skylar would WANT to be back.

so other than maybe tina and skylar, i don't think there are any roster spots changing over.

Agreed , but we have to consider players like EDD If/When healthy she would take someone's spot no doubt.

PostPosted: 08/09/21 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Agreed , but we have to consider players like EDD If/When healthy she would take someone's spot no doubt.

Team USA doesn't seem to mind older players, but EDD will be 35 in 2024 and hasn't played a game since 2019.

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/09/21 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both Fowles and Charles need to opt out. if not they should be forced out. Steward had to play 34+ minutes against Japan and she was gassed at the end of the game and had to come out. Fowles coul not make simple layups. You could tell by the players who got the minutes during the Gold Medal game who the coach trusted. Neka O should have been on the team instead of Fowles. she contributed very little.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: