Sky
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Aces
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

Shades

PostPosted: 06/30/19 12:55 pm    ::: Sky @ Aces - 7/02/19 Reply Reply with quote

Las Vegas, NV - 3:00 PM ET
TV: MYLVTV

Twitter stream:
https://twitter.com/i/events/986371916096192512

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190702/CHILVA/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401104985

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 07/02/19 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/01/19 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could already see the beating the Aces are going to give the Sky. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/01/19 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

Let's have some positive thoughts now. Just visualize the Sky winning this game. Think W. Remember, we are in this together. Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Let's have some positive thoughts now. Just visualize the Sky winning this game. Think W. Remember, we are in this together. Very Happy

I did, then it went out the window.

But GO SKY! Laughing

PostPosted: 07/02/19 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Counterprogramming this game against the ENG/USA match seems like an error in judgment.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
toad455

PostPosted: 07/02/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Counterprogramming this game against the ENG/USA match seems like an error in judgment.

Agreed. The USA-ENG match is just too good. But this seems like a high scoring game worth watching. Looks like Wilson got in early foul trouble. Aces lead at halftime 55-54.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 07/02/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

refs are really not good in this one. Just lots of little things that suck.

- Amanda Gorman
Adanet

PostPosted: 07/02/19 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why the score went from 72-74 to 72-72 between the 3d and 4th quarter?

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/02/19 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adanet wrote:

Vandersloot's shot clock beating shot was ruled a shot clock violation instead

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/02/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Adanet wrote:

Vandersloot's shot clock beating shot was ruled a shot clock violation instead

And it looked like another bad call from those self same refs.

- Amanda Gorman
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/02/19 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Told ya. Razz

PostPosted: 07/02/19 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond has shot poorly over the last 6-7 gms. I hope she's not having a problem with her ankle. She sprained it during the preseason, then again against Seattle. DD hobbled off the court in the Sparks game. I hope it doesn't become a chronic problem. Sloot's also struggled with her shot in recent games.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/02/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces should maybe reconsider camp games. They only drew 3,516; which is about 1,000+ below what they're averaging now. Camp games typically bring in big crowds(at a discount), not for the Aces though.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/02/19 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Career high assists for Cambage. I feel like she's got a triple-double in her sights this season.
8 in 20 minutes for Jackie Young.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/02/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Told ya. Razz

Yes, the Sky did lose but look on the bright sight of things. They did not beat us like a drum. Very Happy

Last edited by Rock Hard on 07/02/19 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5TWIn9idbe0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qmHQuuOcQpY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="320" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GIA8RFQkE6Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 07/06/19 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
RP

PostPosted: 07/02/19 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shot distribution for the Sky is less than ideal...

zune69

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@RP

Not really.

Diamond/Copper/Gabby have the highest usage rates because they can get their own shot. Players like Quigley, Dolson, Lavender aren't great at creating their own offense. Quigley has taken 8 or fewer shots in 7 out of 13 gms . Sloot's also had a tough time of getting shots off over the last 4-5 games. If Chicago had starting post players who could create their own offense, the usage rates would be more balanced. Chicago's real problem is the lack of low post scoring,rebounding and defense...Quigley,Dolson and Lavender's inability to create offense actually put more pressure on Diamond & Sloot.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas quietly climbing up the WNBA standings to #3 now. 1.5 behind first place !

PostPosted: 07/03/19 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
@RP

Not really.

Diamond/Copper/Gabby have the highest usage rates because they can get their own shot. Players like Quigley, Dolson, Lavender aren't great at creating their own offense. Quigley has taken 8 or fewer shots in 7 out of 13 gms . Sloot's also had a tough time of getting shots off over the last 4-5 games. If Chicago had starting post players who could create their own offense, the usage rates would be more balanced. Chicago's real problem is the lack of low post scoring,rebounding and defense...Quigley,Dolson and Lavender's inability to create offense actually put more pressure on Diamond & Sloot.

While you have some good points, it's also true that those 'creators' don't always see their teammates who might be open. They tend to drive ...and drive...often into traffic. Diamond has improved quite a bit in that regard. But in general Chicago players who can't shoot the three very well are still out there hoisting them up, rather than driving and dishing to players who can actually make shots. And they don't seem to know what pick and roll or pick and pop mean, at which I think they could be pretty decent. Wade has them playing better defense, but their offense is really stagnant and just depends on those 'creators' continually attempting to create their own shots. The fact that Quigley has taken so few shots is not all on her, but rather that she simply doesn't see the ball enough.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/03/19 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or that teams are actually defending her well. McBride was chasing her the whole game. In the past teams might have underestimated her.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
RP

PostPosted: 07/03/19 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quigley is in her seventh season with the Sky and has always previously had a high usage rate, so what's happening now is not at all because of her limitations. Dolson also had a usage above 20% a couple of seasons ago and previously with the Mystics. Both could use more touches, particularly Quigley.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/03/19 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Nobody was talking about shot attempts when Chicago had a 6-3 record

*Dolson/Quigley got more shots the last two seasons but those teams won 12/13 gms. Both players get plenty of touches IMO. If you look at Chicago's half-court sets. The offense runs through Sloot, Dolson, and Quigley....Diamond/Copper are usually standing on the weak side. They just don't have the ability to create separation or score one on one versus the better defenders. Chicago has more offensive weapons than they did a season ago. Shot opportunities are going to be more scarce. I also think the Referees allowing more contact has played a role in Quigley's low shot attempts.

*Quigley does need to get more shot opportunities. But she also needs to be more aggressive when she has the basketball in her hands.

* Chicago just played their toughest stretch of games (Con,Wash,Sea,LA,LV)......Chicago's next stretch of games are very favorable (Dal,Minn,NY,Dal,ATL,Ind, Conn,ATL,NY)... 6 out of 9 at home....A 6-3 record is very doable.

shontay33

PostPosted: 07/03/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Or that teams are actually defending her well. McBride was chasing her the whole game. In the past teams might have underestimated her.

You are absolutely right on Michelle89. Teams have changed the way that they defend Chicago. Quigley is their best shooter. If teams limit her touches then that means that someone else has the opportunity to score due to her presence on the floor. If you are that player that benefits from the defense shifting towards Quigley and Vandersloot then you need to take advantage of the opportunity to score. I have notices that since teams have changed their defense of Chicago, the person that is being left open the most often in Dolson but she can't make any shots. Even if an opportunity is created for her by Vandersloot or Deshields by their ability to get to the basket and kick out, Dolson still does not convert very often from the three point line. I would feel disrespected if teams just kept leaving me open and therefore would take it upon myself to work on getting in a rhythm so that they will not leave me open. The other option is to get more post situations for Dolson but she doesn't seem to be effective there yet either.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/03/19 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

You are absolutely right on Michelle89. Teams have changed the way that they defend Chicago. Quigley is their best shooter. If teams limit her touches then that means that someone else has the opportunity to score due to her presence on the floor. If you are that player that benefits from the defense shifting towards Quigley and Vandersloot then you need to take advantage of the opportunity to score. I have notices that since teams have changed their defense of Chicago, the person that is being left open the most often in Dolson but she can't make any shots. Even if an opportunity is created for her by Vandersloot or Deshields by their ability to get to the basket and kick out, Dolson still does not convert very often from the three point line. I would feel disrespected if teams just kept leaving me open and therefore would take it upon myself to work on getting in a rhythm so that they will not leave me open. The other option is to get more post situations for Dolson but she doesn't seem to be effective there yet either.

Interesting take. Made some good points.

Dolson is making 1 three a game while shooting 38% from three. So while she’s not necessarily “taking a lot”, I’ll take that from a center. And Dolson actually has been connecting on open mid range shots this season.

It’s Lavender who keeps taking those long, open two pointers and not connecting. It used to frustrate me when she did that with the Sparks and now it’s frustrating me even more since she plays for my favorite team. Laughing

I don’t know what’s going on with DeShields and she’s who I’m more so concerned with. She’s a streak shooter, but she’s been throwing up bricks the last couple of games. It’s her second year though, so I’m not holding her accountable for too much. I’d prefer the offense go through Sloot, Quigley, and Dolson.

But I’m not too worried about the offense, it’s the defense that is still fucking garbage. A JV team could probably score 70 on the Sky at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: