RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lynx @ Liberty - 6/12/19
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/11/19 9:13 am    ::: Lynx @ Liberty - 6/12/19 Reply Reply with quote

White Plains, NY - 7:00 PM ET
TV: YES

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190612/MINNYL/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401104946

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 06/11/19 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rebecca Allen is out for this game due to a fractured hand. No timeline for how long she'll be out. Makes me believe they'll sign a SF once Zahui B leaves. They'll have to go with a three guard line-up when Nurse sits(Boyd-Durr-Wright)?.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/11/19 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
They'll have to go with a three guard line-up when Nurse sits(Boyd-Durr-Wright)?.

Some people consider Nurse a guard. 🙋🏻‍♂️

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/12/19 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rebecca Allen is out for this game due to a fractured hand. No timeline for how long she'll be out. Makes me believe they'll sign a SF once Zahui B leaves. They'll have to go with a three guard line-up when Nurse sits(Boyd-Durr-Wright)?.

A metacarpal bone takes 6-8 weeks to heal. Add in time to work off rust, and Allen could be gone for 2 months. Hartley was already suspended on Monday, so her roster spot is available. Don't know if there's any waiting period, but two days is common for most things. Therefore, NY should be able to sign someone today... assuming management takes the initiative. Confused I'm hoping for Anriel Howard, but we'll probably get Kelly Faris.

If NY adds no one, then we may see Raincock play SF for like the second time in her life. Or maybe we can use Tina, who so far seems hellbent on showing off her ballhandling and 3pt shooting skills. Wink

PostPosted: 06/12/19 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
toad455 wrote:

A metacarpal bone takes 6-8 weeks to heal. Add in time to work off rust, and Allen could be gone for 2 months. Hartley was already suspended on Monday, so her roster spot is available. Don't know if there's any waiting period, but two days is common for most things. Therefore, NY should be able to sign someone today... assuming management takes the initiative. Confused I'm hoping for Anriel Howard, but we'll probably get Kelly Faris.

If NY adds no one, then we may see Raincock play SF for like the second time in her life. Or maybe we can use Tina, who so far seems hellbent on showing off her ballhandling and 3pt shooting skills. Wink

There's also Nared. I would give either a shot.

If we're doing retreads what about Burdick? I was surprised when we cut her because at that moment she was outperforming Nayo IMO.

Is Gray fast enough to guard SFs? A Charles/Gray 3/4 combo could work then. Charles plays the 3 on offense and Gray the 3 on defense?

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/12/19 5:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gustafson should get another opportunity in the WNBA. Don't know if she's good or bad but she was college player of the year and we know Agler doesn't really like rookies.

Agler cut both Kennedy Burke and Gustafson at the last minute, stunning both, and we see how good Kennedy Burke is. She's playing like rookie of the year. Pokey ran to the waiver wire to access her.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/12/19 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smh regarding Bec. Did that happen during the game? She really impacted on defense. UGH!!! It feels like anytime we have reason for even the slightest optimism something bad happens.

If Wright is needed to back up multiple positions, that’s an issue. I feel like 15 mpg with this new-look fast-paced team is the max for her. And as you all probably know, I hold her in high regard. But I don’t think her body can handle too much playing time. Especially in this offense.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Durr long-term. I like Collier long-term as well. But this scenario is exactly why I wanted Collier. There is technically now no true SF on the roster. And Tina won’t work. The spacing for her post ups would be terrible. Nurse/Durr/Wright is going to be your 2/3 rotation most likely. Good luck guarding Collier inside tonight.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Gray might seem time at SF just for defense.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/12/19 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure how this turned into a Liberty roster thread, but the news on Allen makes my Zandalisini trade proposal even more relevant.

On the freebie front, somebody like Ting (teammate of Han) might become available when Eurobasket is over, but who do you cut to make room if you’re already cutting Bias to make room for Johannes? 🤔

Ashley Walker might be available soon if Beard or Parker is close to ready. How LAS is the only one qualifying for this emergency cap exception, I dunno.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

-- I was only kidding about Tina at SF. It would take some imagination and daring that I don't think Smith has.

-- Nayo is more likely at SF than Gray. NRE actually matches up well physically with Collier, so that's where I would go for an emergency SF.

-- I forgot about Burdick. That's actually a realistic possibility since she has been with NY within recent memory and is one of the go-to temporary players in this league.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
root_thing wrote:
toad455 wrote:

There's also Nared. I would give either a shot.

If we're doing retreads what about Burdick? I was surprised when we cut her because at that moment she was outperforming Nayo IMO.

Is Gray fast enough to guard SFs? A Charles/Gray 3/4 combo could work then. Charles plays the 3 on offense and Gray the 3 on defense?

Anriel Howard or Jaime Nared should be the logical choices if i was a GM, i give Allen alot of criticism but does play good defense at times and has the wingspan/length to defend bigger players

Nared has the length/wingspan perfect for a SF, plus she has the athleticism, can shoot and has a pretty good handle

Last edited by LibFan25 on 06/12/19 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
dab44lb

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When the Victory Cigar becomes an Exploding Cigar.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I like Durr long-term. I like Collier long-term as well. But this scenario is exactly why I wanted Collier. There is technically now no true SF on the roster. And Tina won’t work. The spacing for her post ups would be terrible. Nurse/Durr/Wright is going to be your 2/3 rotation most likely. Good luck guarding Collier inside tonight.

Collier would of been the best fit, but i think Durr has the best ceiling. you can tell Durr is getting real close to breakin loose

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whereas collier has already broken loose lol.

i am glad collier didnt end up in NY - smith wouldnt know how/when/where/why to use her.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Collier would of been the best fit, but i think Durr has the best ceiling. you can tell Durr is getting real close to breakin loose

For me, what's crucial is long-term, not short-term. So what if there's now no true SF on the roster? So New York will finish 8-26 instead of 11-23? If LibFan25 is right, if Durr proves to be the better player long-term, then the Liberty made the right pick. Yes, the team needs and will need an excellent, true SF. But the team also needed a strong SG.

My guess is that the selection of Durr will look very good over time. I'm keeping my expectations limited for her rookie year, but I like what I see.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/12/19 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kennedy Burke has broken loose for Indiana, and she walked in off the street 2 days after being cut by Dallas. Laughing So much for the "rookies aren't ready" theory. As I've said before, it's mainly a matter of fit.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Kennedy Burke has broken loose for Indiana, and she walked in off the street 2 days after being cut by Dallas. Laughing So much for the "rookies aren't ready" theory. As I've said before, it's mainly a matter of fit.

Dang it. I guess the Lynx should've drafted Burke instead of Dillard.
The Wings must've wanted to maximize their PP potential by getting rid of a rookie who is better than the scrubs on their team in hopes she'd land on another bottom team (e.g. Indiana) and help them win more games than Dallas. Smile

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Gustafson should get another opportunity in the WNBA. Don't know if she's good or bad but she was college player of the year and we know Agler doesn't really like rookies.

Agler cut both Kennedy Burke and Gustafson at the last minute, stunning both, and we see how good Kennedy Burke is. She's playing like rookie of the year. Pokey ran to the waiver wire to access her.

Gustaffson getting cut had nothing to do with Agler and ALL to do with Gustaffson's skill level.

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karlie Samuelson, anyone? I think she’s at Euro Basket now tho.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/12/19 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marissa Coleman, Part II? Don't all react at once. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/12/19 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Allen's going to out for an extended period of time, we need a SF. Anriel Howard and Nared come to mind. Maybe we offer the Lynx a bag of chips for Shao Ting? If Ashley Walker is available soon, she's another option.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/12/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Marissa Coleman, Part II? Don't all react at once. Laughing

Will Part II be better than Part I
I dont think so Part II's never are

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/12/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Gustaffson getting cut had nothing to do with Agler and ALL to do with Gustaffson's skill level.

How do you know this or just your usual pissing in the wind?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/12/19 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On Durr-Collier I think their upside is dead even. Durr has elevation, outside shot and shot creation. Collier has speed, quickness, strength, IQ, defense, rebounding and versatility.

Durr’s midrange quality is so good that I think it evens the upside in spite of the fact that Collier has more diverse skills. But I’m admittedly aggravated from hearing for months that Collier couldn’t play SF. Yet she’s doing it. And doing it well. She could be doing it for NY, a team that needs it badly.

Anyway, it’s partially pointless to talk about what could have been. But at the same time the fact that we have no true SF is a problem. Root called Kennedy Burke weeks ago, correctly. On a post-oriented team like NY I think her adjustment would have been less seamless. But the woman can play. He also correctly stated that other teams have filled needs (Lexie Brown, Steph Talbot, etc.) cheaply. NY can’t seem to find a way to get that creative. Though I’ll give them credit for Gray, filling that SF need one way or another is something that should have been done better.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: