Aces
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Mercury
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

Shades

PostPosted: 09/06/19 2:54 pm    ::: Aces @ Mercury - 9/08/19 Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix, AZ - 4:00 PM ET
TV: Fox Sports Arizona

ESPN stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=8a2c940e-fe32-4118-abe9-f437dc06e864

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190908/LVAPHO/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401105115

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury are locked into the #8 seed. So I wonder if they'll rest anyone today? Griner?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe both Griner and Cambage rest today. However, Aces #4 seed is at risk though Sky have to beat the Mystics and the Aces have to lose so maybe they risk it. Cambage also had that ankle issue last game against the Dream and sat out the 4th quarter.

BTW - Aces 2 best 4 player lineups have Hamby instead of Cambage. (Of course, we don't know who the 5th player is.)

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/08/19 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix should really try to win this one just so that their fans don’t have to watch another non-competitive home game.
But really I just want Chicago to be able to sneak into that 4-spot if they win lol

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who the hell is in charge of this headass schedule? Six games on today, and they're all at the same time? Why is the league playing defense against people watching their games? Do they not want people to watch?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Who the hell is in charge of this headass schedule? Six games on today, and they're all at the same time? Why is the league playing defense against people watching their games? Do they not want people to watch?

The theory is that if there were games that mattered for getting in the playoffs or for seeding, it would be an advantage for teams that played later to know for sure what their result would give them. European soccer leagues often do the same thing to avoid gamesmanship.

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

The theory is that if there were games that mattered for getting in the playoffs or for seeding, it would be an advantage for teams that played later to know for sure what their result would give them. European soccer leagues often do the same thing to avoid gamesmanship.

MLB started doing this in 2015 as well that all games are at the same time the final day of season. The NFL also makes sure games that could impact teams in other games are played at the same time final week of season.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why screw the fans just to insure a few teams don't get some minor advantage. We used to often have a whole week of games that didn't really matter and no one was that worried about it.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/08/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

MLB started doing this in 2015 as well that all games are at the same time the final day of season. The NFL also makes sure games that could impact teams in other games are played at the same time final week of season.

Not to mention, all the matchups are within their conference. All very intentional, even though conference matchups hardly matter these days.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/09/19 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's a great move to have all the games at the same time. There could be a huge advantage in terms of resting players and overall strategy if the results of an early game impact the standing of a team playing the late game.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think it's a great move to have all the games at the same time. There could be a huge advantage in terms of resting players and overall strategy if the results of an early game impact the standing of a team playing the late game.

I also think it is fun. Makes for an exciting two hours.

mmaniac

PostPosted: 09/09/19 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The coaches actually requested that the games be scheduled at the same time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: