RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fever @ Wings - 5/19/19
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/18/19 9:55 am    ::: Fever @ Wings - 5/19/19 Reply Reply with quote

Arlington, TX - 3:00 PM ET
TV: None

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190519/INDDAL/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401129946

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First chance to see our girls in person come out and support!

PostPosted: 05/19/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
First chance to see our girls in person come out and support!

We better get a full report then!

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/19 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tayler Hill starting at PG, according wnba.com.
Glory Johnson at center.
#teamshorty

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/19 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMS hit a three.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/19/19 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could the Indiana Fever team of last year and this year possibly be the worst assembled teams in WNBA history? There is NOT one good player on the Indiana roster that is worth watching.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/19/19 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe McCarthy-Williams makes the final roster? Seems like the Wings could use both her & Burke on the roster instead of Hill and Davis.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/19 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Ogunbowale attended graduation.

This turned into a close game with a couple minutes left.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/19 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Looks like Ogunbowale attended graduation.

This turned into a close game with a couple minutes left.

Yeah quick observations says Seekamp, Gustaffson and George get cut along with Mccarrty-Williams who was POG in my opinion. If she could grow about 5 inches i could really see her contributing on a regular. Davis played good enough to keep her spot imo. Azura was nice in her minutes. Gustaffson seems over her head. This is defintely not the Big 10 anymore. McCowan surprisingly didnt look well neither. Shes reallllly slow in person. Agler seemed to be dissapointed in execution on the offensive end especially with gray. This year will be a learning year thats for sure. Was hoping to see Arike but i will have plenty of chances this season.

PostPosted: 05/19/19 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 soft Techs were given out . One to Kaela Davis for reacting to a phantom call and one to agler for using profanity. Really nice crowd for a preseason game though. Last year we had crickets for Indiana during preseason.

Horrible hill contributed nothing absolutely nothing but got that max contract in the bag. She was too busy looking for people in the crowd Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/19/19 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania,

I disagree with WNBA09 about Azura, she looked disinterested but it's only preseason so I wasn't too concerned about it.

Taylor Hill is absolute garbage, I say get rid of her 911 at ANY cost!!!

If Brooke McCarty and Kennedy Burke don't make this roster, I'm going to find out how to contact Greg Bibb and let his ass know what a damn fool he was for cutting the very two people who have been the most impressive this entire pre-season!!!

My personal cuts would be: Taylor Hill, Seekamp, Kayla George and I would trade Kaela Davis for whatever is available.

Great crowd, especially for a pre-season game....and I love my new seats for this season🤭

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You’d end up paying Hill and it counts against the cap if you cut her. Maybe they’d be able to do it, but I don’t think it’d be worth it to them.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/19/19 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
lynxmania,

I disagree with WNBA09 about Azura, she looked disinterested but it's only preseason so I wasn't too concerned about it.

If Brooke McCarty and Kennedy Burke don't make this roster, I'm going to find out how to contact Greg Bibb and let his ass know what a damn fool he was for cutting the very two people who have been the most impressive this entire pre-season!!!

My personal cuts would be: Taylor Hill, Seekamp, Kayla George and I would trade Kaela Davis for whatever is available.

Great crowd, especially for a pre-season game....and I love my new seats for this season🤭

There’s a lot of discord in Dallas and it stems for the horrendous owners and how they treat the players and staff from
what I’ve heard.

Mojo

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCarty and Burke played well enough to make the team. But Hill started and I suppose that contract keeps her on the team. So, someone who looked outstanding gets cut?
Outstanding Dallas player of the game was McCarty. Both offense and defense looked good.
Thornton's defense came alive in the second half.
Stevens riding the rehab bike between playing time.
Davis good first half, Gray good second half.
Glojo was a bit intimidating
Did I say McCarty and Burke played well enough to make the team?

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

There’s a lot of discord in Dallas and it stems for the horrendous owners and how they treat the players and staff from
what I’ve heard.

Where did you hear this from?... Cambage's IG page Laughing ....What makes him a bad owner?....and who are the disgruntled players/staff?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
McCowan surprisingly didnt look well neither. Shes reallllly slow in person.

She was very slow to me at Mississippi State as well, I think it’s going to take her some time to get adjusted.

Offensively at least..

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

Damn, damn, daaaaammmmnnmuh!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate,

Oh wow, I hadn't heard that before...care to provide specific examples of what you've heard?

The majority owner was standing five feet away from me at the top of the stairwell for almost half of the third quarter, and he does seem like the type that could be difficult to deal with from time to time!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/19/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see one of Burke/McCarty making it, but I'd be surprised if both did. If Jefferson takes the year off as seems likely then they're at 14, something like this:

(Diggins-Smith)/Hill/McCarty
Gray/Ogunbowale/Burke
Thornton/Davis
Harrison/Stevens
G.Johnson/Gustafson/Plaisance/McGee-Stafford

There's still too many bigs, even if you want to claim Thornton and Stevens as 3s. So I think you cut one of the centers (Gustafson/Plaisance/McGee-Stafford) and one perimeter player (McCarty/Burke/Davis). But whoever sticks on the fringes will probably never play and end up being cut halfway through the season while they cycle through people from the free agency heap.

PostPosted: 05/19/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas should make an offer to the Sparks

Hill. Davis and the 2020 2nd rd pk for Lavender

LA adds some much needed backcourt depth and Dallas gets frontcourt help.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The likely cut sees like Gustafson due to her lack of playing time during the preseason.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/20/19 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
lynxmania,

what I’ve heard.

Azura is hurt still. She had to go over and ride the bike right next to me several times. She seemed to cheer on her teammates alot. Disinterested maybe but i can tell alot of the team are still adjusting to agler. He has not sold them yet that was obvious smh learning year i keep telling myself

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

I did like the way he kept getting in Alisha and Seekamp asses when they were not running the offense the way he wanted!

Also, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say on record, I think Alisha Gray's days in Dallas are winding down, she hasn't improved whatsoever since her rookie year....I wouldn't be surprised in the least if both Alisha and Kaela are both traded and Brooke and Kennedy are retained, yeah I said it🤓

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

I did like the way he kept getting in Alisha and Seekamp asses when they were not running the offense the way he wanted!

Also, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say on record, I think Alisha Gray's days in Dallas are winding down, she hasn't improved whatsoever since her rookie year....I wouldn't be surprised in the least if both Alisha and Kaela are both traded and Brooke and Kennedy are retained, yeah I said it🤓

I wouldn't go out on that limb at all Laughing Laughing I think he has higher expectations for Gray which is why he was hard on her being so undisciplined on offense. Her effort is unmatched.

PostPosted: 05/20/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

We shall see....we shall see!!! I'm so ready for the season to start....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: