RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Which is real?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/12/19 7:45 pm    ::: Which is real? Reply Reply with quote

http://www.whichfaceisreal.com/index.php

Quote:
New adverserial machine learning algorithms allow people to rapidly generate synthetic 'photographs' of people who have never existed.

Computers are good, but your visual processing systems are even better. If you know what to look for, you can spot these fakes at a single glance — at least for the time being. The hardware and software used to generate them will continue to improve, and it may be only a few years until humans fall behind in the arms race between forgery and detection.

PostPosted: 05/12/19 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VERY difficult, for me....I got about 2/3 correct (out of 14 attempted), but only a few of those were 'obvious'.

I remember when microchipping people was considered the dystopian future. This would render all that obsolete, no?

China scares me.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what a trip, and scary. i got two wrong after about (i lost count) 15 or 20?

microchipping. we may be begging for it, just as we opened the door and invited all the other scary, big-brother things we have today.

PostPosted: 05/13/19 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just as I expected, I SUCKED at this!! I was maybe 2 for 10. The only ones I got right were because of the backgrounds looking more real in some.

I've often said that if you want to commit a crime, do it in front of me. I'll never be able to pick you out of a line up.

I once had a 10 minute conversation with a guy in the grocery store. He called me by name. I thought he looked a little familiar. It wasn't until months later when I walked into his place of business that I knew who I had talked to at the grocery. I had done some business with him 6-8 years prior.

I have a really hard time recognizing people. If you aren't where I know you from, it's over. If you are the nurse from my doctor's office and I see you at the movies, I may think you look familiar, but I won't know why.

Or if I haven't seen you for years. I went somewhere the other day and a guy said "Hi, Ex-Ref." I looked right into his face and had no clue! It wasn't until he said "You don't know who I am, do you?" that I recognized his voice. I used to work closely with him. He had lost weight, his hair had changed. I had no idea who it was.

A woman came in to where I work the other day. I only see her maybe once a month anyway, but I hadn't seen her for probably 4-5 months at least. She came in with her hair all done up and dressed up more than I would usually see her. I thought it was her, but I had to ask a co-worker.

I hate it when someone stops me in the store and says "remember me?" I just apologize and say that I don't think so. Then when they tell me there name, I most always know who they are. I just never recognize them first.

Here's an article about deepfake videos.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2019/05/13/deepfakes-why-your-instagram-photos-video-could-be-vulnerable/3344536002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: