RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Wings vs Dream - 5/13/19
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:23 pm    ::: Wings vs Dream - 5/13/19 Reply Reply with quote

Uncasville, CT - 5:00 PM ET
TV: None

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190513/DALATL/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401129936



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Cazorla be the player of the game?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream starters:
Montgomery, Hayes, Coffey, Breland, McGee-Stafford

Wings starters:
Ogunbowale, Gray, Davis, Thornton, Johnson



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18764



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As expected, Arike will be thrown into the Wolves by Agler and play PG until Diggins returns.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24952



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So...where is EWill? and Azure?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24952



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
As expected, Arike will be thrown into the Wolves by Agler and play PG until Diggins returns.


when she's on the floor with Gray, Gray is more likely playing PG.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21128
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It could be fun to see Agler go small and super-switchy (like the old, old days where I believe Katie Smith played some power forward for him), back himself to coach them into an average defense and try to run teams out of the building. You don't necessarily need someone to 'run' the offense if most of your offense is coming in transition or semi-transition anyway.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6706
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens is there in uniform, Williams is listed as "inactive" in the box score.



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24952



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Stevens is there in uniform, Williams is listed as "inactive" in the box score.


you have a picture?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24952



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It could be fun to see Agler go small and super-switchy (like the old, old days where I believe Katie Smith played some power forward for him), back himself to coach them into an average defense and try to run teams out of the building. You don't necessarily need someone to 'run' the offense if most of your offense is coming in transition or semi-transition anyway.


that may be what he needs to do. this group makes it seem like it will be a long, long year. Of course it's preseason and just trying out stuff, but still...



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5545
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
As expected, Arike will be thrown into the Wolves by Agler and play PG until Diggins returns.


Extemely UNlike Agler to put a rookie out there for meaningful minutes (except in pre-season). I expect other non PG's Gray and Davis to try to cover the spot. I expect them to be as successful at it as they were last year - not at all successful. Dallas is severely lacking in PG, compared to Atlanta, which has four expected to make the roster Monty, Bentley, Sykes, Cazorla.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24952



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And if Arike just guns away without making much, Agler won't have a lot of patience for that.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6706
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
stever wrote:
Stevens is there in uniform, Williams is listed as "inactive" in the box score.


you have a picture?


...just from the Dallas Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/WBBDaily/lists/wnba-2019



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
As expected, Arike will be thrown into the Wolves by Agler and play PG until Diggins returns.


He’s probably just testing it out to see how it goes. How’s it going?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
And if Arike just guns away without making much, Agler won't have a lot of patience for that.


You must be thinking of Reeve. And it’s said she wanted to draft her.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are they supposed to submit only 12 active players for a preseason game? I thought they could play all 15.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lethalweapon3



Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 145
Location: ATL ITP, GA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas is +12 on FT attempts thus far, so they've got that going for them.

It's early but Gulich has impressed as a newcomer. Might she start the next game if E-Dub stays inactive?

~lw3


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51110



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas starters shooting 7-32.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 05/13/19 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18764



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McGee-Stafford may have lost her job to Gulich.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18764



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

judging by the highlights being shown on Twitter, it looks like there are about 10 people at the game.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 5545
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great big OUCH for Dallas today. Looking VERY bad.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7356



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had high hopes for Gulich when was drafted. Unfortunately, like so many young promising. She rode the bench without being given an opportunity to perform. I think Gulich has found a home with the Dream. McGee-Stafford should get cut. She's done nothing since her rookie season. If Atlanta cuts Gulich. I think a number of teams will offer her a contract.


willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 669
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I had high hopes for Gulich when was drafted. Unfortunately, like so many young promising. She rode the bench without being given an opportunity to perform. I think Gulich has found a home with the Dream. McGee-Stafford should get cut. She's done nothing since her rookie season. If Atlanta cuts Gulich. I think a number of teams will offer her a contract.
Brondello had a very fast hook with Gulish. It didn't seem to matter how well she played. There were times when she was playing well and the second it appeared someone scored on her she was pulled out. She did not hold the other players to the same standards. Must have just been something personal or style of play. McGee-Stafford never has really impressed me that much. She is just tall. Doesn't play with much intensity.



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7356



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I had high hopes for Gulich when was drafted. Unfortunately, like so many young promising. She rode the bench without being given an opportunity to perform. I think Gulich has found a home with the Dream. McGee-Stafford should get cut. She's done nothing since her rookie season. If Atlanta cuts Gulich. I think a number of teams will offer her a contract.
Brondello had a very fast hook with Gulish. It didn't seem to matter how well she played. There were times when she was playing well and the second it appeared someone scored on her she was pulled out. She did not hold the other players to the same standards. Must have just been something personal or style of play. McGee-Stafford never has really impressed me that much. She is just tall. Doesn't play with much intensity.


Agreed...Especially with McGee-Stafford's lack on intensity.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21128
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/13/19 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When you're a backup 5 in Phoenix you're not going to play much unless something disastrous happens.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin