RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 USA 3x3 Championship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhom111

PostPosted: 04/29/19 10:24 pm    ::: 2019 USA 3x3 Championship Reply Reply with quote

Even though pros can play, I am putting this here since most teams have college players:
https://www.usab.com/3x3/3x3-open-women-nc/roster.aspx

8 individuals will be split into the final 2 teams before the tournament.
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/30/19 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And there's some weird point system that determines who makes the Olympic team -- which will not be filled by those who are cut from the National Team.

The fact that Ionescu is on track for the Olympics in 3x3 is one reason she returned to Oregon. If she stays healthy, as I understand it, she's pretty much guaranteed a spot due to her prior participation and success.

PostPosted: 05/05/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu wins it for Oregon with a walk-off free throw. I wonder if USA Basketball will send the team as is to the Pan American Games or if they ask them to replace Giomi or Gildon or both. I suppose the Sabally sisters are American citizens by virtue of being born here so Oregon could theoretically field one, but USA Basketball would probably not be amused even if it's within the rules. It will be interesting to see what teams play in the upcoming Red Bull events this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: