RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPNW Preseason Mid-Major Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/24/19 11:42 am    ::: ESPNW Preseason Mid-Major Rankings Reply Reply with quote

ESPNW Preseason Mid-Major Rankings
1. Drake
2. South Dakota
3. Rice
4. Gonzaga
5. Ohio
6. Boise State
7. Florida Gulf Coast
8. Princeton
9. Marist
10T. South Dakota State
10T. Missouri State

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 10/25/19 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/24/19 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously have not taken note of James Madison, which returns its entire starting lineup minus PG Logan Reynolds but with sophomore Maddy Green in her place and G Nikki Oppenheimer eligible, plus electric freshman G Kiki Jefferson who seems to be the real deal, and F Rayne Tucker who showed toughness in the European tour. JMU made the semis in the WNIT last year and lost only two players.

PostPosted: 10/24/19 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting that Rice is third (and probably appropriately so), when they are the only mid in the preseason regular poll.

Marist has had a down couple of years, so interesting to see them here again.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Obviously have not taken note of James Madison, which returns its entire starting lineup minus PG Logan Reynolds but with sophomore Maddy Green in her place and G Nikki Oppenheimer eligible, plus electric freshman G Kiki Jefferson who seems to be the real deal, and F Rayne Tucker who showed toughness in the European tour. JMU made the semis in the WNIT last year and lost only two players.

sounds like a fun year for you!

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/24/19 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gonzaga and/or BYU are teams to watch.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/24/19 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait. The Zags are #4. Sneaky.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/19 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Wait. The Zags are #4. Sneaky.

you mean shadey?

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 10/25/19 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Missouri State where Kelly Harper was last year?

PostPosted: 10/25/19 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Is Missouri State where Kelly Harper was last year?

Yep.

taropatch

PostPosted: 10/25/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

And that's why you've ridiculed pre-season rankings, pre-season All-American predictions and pre-season Bracketology.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 10/26/19 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND is playing 2 of them (FGSU and SDSU) on back to back days at the Cancun Challenge on Nov 28 and 29.

As McGraw said, she made the schedule assuming that Jackie Young would be returning... Confused

It will definitely be an interesting season (particularly early on) this year for the Irish.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/26/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ND is playing 2 of them (FGSU and SDSU) on back to back days at the Cancun Challenge on Nov 28 and 29.

As McGraw said, she made the schedule assuming that Jackie Young would be returning... Confused

It will definitely be an interesting season (particularly early on) this year for the Irish.

Really?? I'd be surprised if Muff is all that concerned with a couple of (very) good mid-majors, that she'd have avoided them if she'd have known Jackie wasn't back.... Shocked

PostPosted: 10/26/19 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

Really?? I'd be surprised if Muff is all that concerned with a couple of (very) good mid-majors, that she'd have avoided them if she'd have known Jackie wasn't back.... Shocked

With a completely new team of almost all underclassmen, with 0 experience playing with each other, at the very start of the season? Yeah I could definitely see UND going 0-2 here.

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 10/27/19 5:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Middle Tennessee State is one to watch as well. They have the Hayes sisters, Relah Boothe and last years CUSA rookie of the year I believe. They should be really good.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/27/19 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

sounds like a fun year for you!

They're expected to run the table in the CAA and possibly win all their non-conference games with the exception of maybe Maryland. UVA is a tossup but it always is.

PostPosted: 10/27/19 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

And that's why you've ridiculed pre-season rankings, pre-season All-American predictions and pre-season Bracketology.

I see you're trying hard to take Art Best's place. No, that has nothing to do with the above. I have not "ridiculed" anything but pre-season bracketology, which I think is a bit silly.

PostPosted: 10/28/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it gets people talking about women’s basketball and get fans hyped up for the upcoming season, what does it hurt? The more interest in the sport, the better. Maybe will even get some increased TV coverage. The men have preseason bracketology starting back in about June but people don’t rip that. This kind of publicity is good for the women.

allenleavell

PostPosted: 10/31/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

We all know they a great team CAA
They have sizes, guards. They still should have ,eat Northwestern if they wanted with all the injuries. They was the best i watched live last year.oone of kids play in CAA. I went both game home and away.
Been in this 20years. My kids are 3rd generations
College athletes. I want Jmu to great it make rpi look good.
A force is noted. They play hard and tough. Im been following since jackie Carson. They are top team in DMV area for me.
Tough and talented. Only one starter lost pg she was tough and didnt
let up.. Kamiah is problem both offense and defense

Last edited by allenleavell on 10/31/19 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
allenleavell

PostPosted: 10/31/19 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Triple post Crying or Very sad

Last edited by allenleavell on 10/31/19 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
SDHoops

PostPosted: 10/31/19 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Yotes need to step it up this year and win when it counts. They have the potential to be a Sweet 16 team this season....! Got the experience now, no excuses to lose in the league tourney or the first two rounds of the NCAAs. I'm just saying, I have all the faith in them! The Jacks will be okay, but Selland will need to have an Odyssey Sims type season if they want to sniff the NCAAs again this season.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/31/19 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Zags arguably graduated their best class of players last season. Stockton finally came into her own, Zykera Rice was that leader on the floor and I thought Chandler Smith was that Swiss Army Knife.

This year I think Lisa has a Very well stocked pantry. Lorea has been an solid backup for Stockton and is a bit faster. The Wirth twins and Mel Kempton will anchor the post. I think the key to this team is the return of Jill Townsend from her season ending injury. She's the fire for this team and the one who can push it up a notch we need it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: