RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Swoopes, Bird, Nurse and Charles on the WNBA’s ‘refresh'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/16/19 9:02 am    ::: Swoopes, Bird, Nurse and Charles on the WNBA’s ‘refresh' Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Out of this year’s draft class, who sticks out the most?

Bird: Probably Jackie Young. I think she’s the type of player who can have an immediate impact. I think she’s the type of player that brings a lot of tools. … She’s not just one thing. She’s someone who’s proven she can get triple-doubles, which truly just shows you can impact the game in a variety of ways. That’s why she’s my fave.

Swoopes: I’m a Texas girl, so I’m definitely going to go with Kalani Brown from Baylor. I love her game, and I love the fact that she lives in herself. She’s a big girl. She’s proud of it. She walks it, she talks it. And she can play. … I love Asia Durr; she can just flat-out score. … And Jackie Young. I’ve heard some people say she’s not ready, but I love her. She has things that you can’t teach or coach, and that’s toughness. She’s gonna defend, she’s gonna shut you down, and when she decides she’s gonna be aggressive and score, she can do that too. And I think she has the body that’s ready for the WNBA.

Quote:
What do you like about the new logo — and which player does it most resemble?

Nurse: I’ve been personally trying to figure out who it is. The WNBA put out four options of who it could be on Twitter. I was going through them, and one of them is my teammate [Kiah Stokes]. I’m like, ‘That’s not her.’ Then I said, ‘OK, she has a bun. …’ So it’s either Diana Taurasi or Elena Delle Donne. But Taurasi’s bun is quite sit-back and quite small. But Delle Donne has a bigger bun, so I’m not really sure. I’m just going crazy. Hopefully someone will tell me.

Quote:
What would you like to see from the WNBA in the next five years?

Charles: More pay. Equal pay. That would be great. And just more exposure. More sponsorship. Seeing ourselves more and allowing more women to have more access to us.

https://theundefeated.com/features/swoopes-bird-nurse-and-charles-on-the-wnbas-refresh-heading-into-2019-season/

<embed><iframe width="554" height="312" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BMESu90Xpa4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/BMESu90Xpa4

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: