RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Anyone catch the Grammys Last Night?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/14/05 11:43 am    ::: Anyone catch the Grammys Last Night? Reply Reply with quote

They actually got some of the awards right, and there were some good performances mixed in with the usual crap.

Highlights for me:

Loretta Lynn and Jack White won, and were hysterical at the podium. Loretta had a few too many, told everyone how hot Tim McGraw was before apologizing to wife Faith, and everytime White tried to let her have the mic and backed away out of respect she kept pulling him back Laughing

Green Day kicked ass, and Quentin Torentino gave a great intro "they came up with a concept album. The concept being all the songs are good".
Cool

Kanye West was impressive, in sort of a three part play with the Blind Boys of Alabama, and someone else Smile

Alicia Keys sounds and looks magnificent Twisted Evil

Franz Ferdinand translated to a live performance surprisingly well; I thought their sound wouldn't be any good live. Shocked

Jamie Foxx can really sing! So can Queen Latifah, but she can't host!

The Tsunami relief song idea "Across the Universe" was pretty good, but it was a little too "we are the world" ish with Bono and Stevie Wonder starting it until Alicia Keys and Billy Jo got in, although seeing Slash's band playing background for it was pretty bizarre.

The "typical grammys" award goes to the music starting to try to cut off the speech for Ray Charles' win of Record of the Year with Norah Jones before Ray's manager, who is an elder gentlemen made it up to speak." That was followed of course by the talking head do not download and steal talk.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/14/05 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Loretta tends to stay higher than a Georgia pine...God love her.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/14/05 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just think of how timely BJ (from Green Day) was beeped when he was performing American Idiot. Also, isn't Green Day a trio?

PostPosted: 02/14/05 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You noticed those too, huh? They did thank the other guy during their speech.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/15/05 1:00 pm    ::: Re: Anyone catch the Grammys Last Night? Reply Reply with quote

I really wanted to watch Queen Latifah, but the show had the lowest ratings since 95 (18.83 million). The Alicia Keys/Jamie Foxx duo was pretty good...and so was Melissa & Joss Stone.

My main reason for watching (besides Queen) was to see Marc Anthony & J-Lo choke on their song! I'm glad she did! Papers here wrote not so complimentary things about her singing. It was pretty bad!!

dtsnms wrote:
They actually got some of the awards right, and there were some good performances mixed in with the usual crap.

Highlights for me:

Loretta Lynn and Jack White won, and were hysterical at the podium. Loretta had a few too many, told everyone how hot Tim McGraw was before apologizing to wife Faith, and everytime White tried to let her have the mic and backed away out of respect she kept pulling him back Laughing

Green Day kicked ass, and Quentin Torentino gave a great intro "they came up with a concept album. The concept being all the songs are good".
Cool

Kanye West was impressive, in sort of a three part play with the Blind Boys of Alabama, and someone else Smile

Alicia Keys sounds and looks magnificent Twisted Evil

Franz Ferdinand translated to a live performance surprisingly well; I thought their sound wouldn't be any good live. Shocked

Jamie Foxx can really sing! So can Queen Latifah, but she can't host!

The Tsunami relief song idea "Across the Universe" was pretty good, but it was a little too "we are the world" ish with Bono and Stevie Wonder starting it until Alicia Keys and Billy Jo got in, although seeing Slash's band playing background for it was pretty bizarre.

The "typical grammys" award goes to the music starting to try to cut off the speech for Ray Charles' win of Record of the Year with Norah Jones before Ray's manager, who is an elder gentlemen made it up to speak." That was followed of course by the talking head do not download and steal talk.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/15/05 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marc and J-No were definitely the LOW point of the show for me... Crying or Very sad

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/15/05 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

believe me...for me too! It was awful!!!

dtsnms wrote:
Marc and J-No were definitely the LOW point of the show for me... Crying or Very sad

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/15/05 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thankfully, I missed that part but saw it on the news. J-Lo is a fraud.
I'm glad Melissa could participate, I think she did Janis justice. Plus, she has a great name Laughing

PostPosted: 02/15/05 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agree BC, I don't know if anyone else could have let that howl out at the end of the song like she could! Melissa can rock and I was somewhat interested in Joss Stone. Hadn't heard much before, I think I'll check out some more.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/15/05 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Melissa Etheridge ROCKS! (Pun intended). She's truly entertaining and I very much enjoy her music! Her & Joss Stone (who I'm not necessarily a fan of) did Janis justice! It was a pretty good number!

J-Ho annoys me beyond belief! And her short, scrawny, bug eyed hubby too!! Even my mom has boycotted him for the way he treated Dayanara!

dtsnms wrote:
Agree BC, I don't know if anyone else could have let that howl out at the end of the song like she could! Melissa can rock and I was somewhat interested in Joss Stone. Hadn't heard much before, I think I'll check out some more.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/15/05 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My wife commented how bug eyed ugly he was too; and comb your hair will you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: