RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/20 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
If I’m a WNBA Gm I’m watching cooper outplay dangerfield at the moment. Tea Coopers game is made for the WNBA. Sort of like that Cubic Girl y’all remember?

The best GM's can spot them early before it becomes obvious.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/09/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cool

PostPosted: 01/10/20 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
WNBA Draft Watch 2020: Ruthy Hebard is at the center of the Ducks’ dominance

https://www.swishappeal.com/ncaa/2020/1/10/21052307/ncaaw-wnba-draft-prospect-watch-2020-ruthy-hebard-oregon-ducks-pac-12

Shades

PostPosted: 01/11/20 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=28454816&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/11/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keywords : Ionescu and Chennedy on the same team? Hmmmmmm just speculating here

PostPosted: 01/11/20 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Shocked My brain cells are working overtime to figure out how this would happen + if those two would actually make a good backcourt pairing...?

toad455

PostPosted: 01/11/20 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Shocked My brain cells are working overtime to figure out how this would happen + if those two would actually make a good backcourt pairing...?

I'm assuming this requires Diggins getting traded to NY for the #1? But then what about Arike? Carter off the bench? Would Dallas pass up both Cox & Sabally for Carter?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 01/11/20 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is all a lot easier than that. All Star game some time or maybe the Olympics. Or better yet - Sabrina says "I ain't going to Brooklyn . I'm going be a grad transfer to Texas A&M and play alongside Carter."

Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agler has been working the Texas Tech games, so that gives him great opportunity to evaluate Brewer, and possibly some other Big 12 talent.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/12/20 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
If I’m a WNBA Gm I’m watching cooper outplay dangerfield at the moment. Tea Coopers game is made for the WNBA. Sort of like that Cubic Girl y’all remember?

Dangerfield is very overrated, IMO.

I actually thought she was pretty darn good. I still think she is , but I now believe Tea Cooper will be better at the next level.

Three things:

1. Crystal is a very good PG, but can be a poor decision maker. As a senior, she makes plays about once or twice a game, every game, that a freshmen would make. She shots the ball pretty well, she’s a good passer, and she could be a very good defender at the next level.

2. I think Te’a Cooper is very, very good. What she has now that she hasn’t in 4 years of college, is a good coach. Dawn is a great recruiter, motivator, and ambassador, but her X’s and O’s, to me, are not elite. Kim on the other hand is an excellent coach and I think she’s done wonders with Cooper

3. Both of their problems IMO, are height.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/12/20 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I actually thought she was pretty darn good. I still think she is , but I now believe Tea Cooper will be better at the next level.

Three things:

1. Crystal is a very good PG, but can be a poor decision maker. As a senior, she makes plays about once or twice a game, every game, that a freshmen would make. She shots the ball pretty well, she’s a good passer, and she could be a very good defender at the next level.

2. I think Te’a Cooper is very, very good. What she has now that she hasn’t in 4 years of college, is a good coach. Dawn is a great recruiter, motivator, and ambassador, but her X’s and O’s, to me, are not elite. Kim on the other hand is an excellent coach and I think she’s done wonders with Cooper

Bart I couldn’t agree more with everything you have stated here. Both will struggle due to height. You have to be able to create your own shot at that size and that’s where I believe cooper may have the advantage. Dangerfield relies on screens to get her shot off. Not a lot of creating on her own resulting in good shots.

PostPosted: 01/12/20 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn’s offense isn’t structured for players to go iso to create their own looks. Wasn’t this same concern used to raise doubts about Nurse? We all see how that turned out.

Obviously, I’m not calling Dangerfield the next Kia Nurse. However, I’m not so sure we can say Dangerfield can’t create her own looks because of the offense she’s in.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/12/20 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dangerfield is Ketia Swanier redux

PostPosted: 01/12/20 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
UConn’s offense isn’t structured for players to go iso to create their own looks. Wasn’t this same concern used to raise doubts about Nurse? We all see how that turned out.

Obviously, I’m not calling Dangerfield the next Kia Nurse. However, I’m not so sure we can say Dangerfield can’t create her own looks because of the offense she’s in.

Nurse has the size and strength. If you don’t have those you won’t be able to create your own shot period. Nurse and Dangerfield are in different boats. Nurse as a WNBA PG would be disastrous. Dangerfield has no other option but to play PG at the next level. I can see her as a back up PG at most in her future within the league.

PostPosted: 01/12/20 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Exactly. She'll stick on a roster as long as she's on a rookie contract. After that she's done unless her game improves.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/12/20 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Nurse has the size and strength. If you don’t have those you won’t be able to create your own shot period. Nurse and Dangerfield are in different boats. Nurse as a WNBA PG would be disastrous. Dangerfield has no other option but to play PG at the next level. I can see her as a back up PG at most in her future within the league.

Nurse’s size and strength was never in question. It was her ability to create her own looks off the dribble because she didn’t do it often, which is where the comparison came in. On this very board, I remember several posters using the fact most of her scores came on wide open 3s and layups against her.

Leilani Mitchell is coming off the best season of her career, and I’ve never seen anyone consider her a grade A shot creator. Dangerfield has nice range and quickness, which plays into her favor. The biggest concern would probably be her durability, as she’s missed games and is smaller. She’s still a very good point guard, and on the right team I think she has the chance to be useful.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/12/20 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dungee is having a HUGE game in front of Dan Hughes. She’s up to 32 pts with lots of time left.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/13/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Exactly. She'll stick on a roster as long as she's on a rookie contract. After that she's done unless her game improves.

Disagree. Dangerfield is a much better shooter, dribbler, passer, leader and scorer than Swanier. Swanier was faster than Dangerfield in a straight line but not in the same ballpark as Dangerfield when assessing their skills as a PG.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/13/20 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Both of their problems IMO, are height.

Cooper is listed at 5’8 while Dangerfield is listed at 5’5.
That’ll be a huge difference at the next level.

Jefferson was listed as 5’7, which was fudging the truth. Jefferson is slight, while Dangerfield is more muscular. Will Dangerfield be less injury prone than Jefferson? Will Dangerfield being pick later than #2 give her less opportunity to succeed? Probably.

I’m nervous that Reeve might look at Dangerfield at #6 because PG may be an area of need, and Reeve probably feels she can’t lose with a UConn player.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/13/20 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve might be seeing a Monty JR here...

PostPosted: 01/14/20 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FLB has given us an example of a tiny PG who can succeed and keep a place in the league beyond rookiness. But it ain't easy.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 01/14/20 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
FLB has given us an example of a tiny PG who can succeed and keep a place in the league beyond rookiness. But it ain't easy.

Yeah - drafted 25 th. I guess Hammon is another, but they are rare.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/14/20 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A good PG can only be as good as the players she has to work with. Dangerfield with a full complement of skilled players should do very well at the next level.

Right now, she"s only playing with two other skilled players on the team, no front court to speak of, offensively, and yet, no skilled bench players. And she must score for UConn to win. A tough very gig!

Remember, women's basketball is not a one-on-one game position by position, it's a team game. Good PG's come in all shapes and sizes and mostly all of them have a shortcoming or two.

Would Minnesota be glad to get her? Hell yes! Would Dangerfield be glad to get drafted by Minnesota? Hell yes!

Shades

PostPosted: 01/14/20 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Would Minnesota be glad to get her?

I don’t know if you should be representing what Minnesota wants over me. I admit you might represent what Reeve wants though.

The player that might be available at #6 that I’m most intrigued about is Elena Bella Alarie. A player like her isn’t common. Short guards are a dime a dozen. At this time I’d rather take Alarie at #6 and look for another dime a dozen guard at #14. Cooper might be available then. Harris out of SC. Maybe Gondrezick if she declares. Slocum if she declares? So many guard possibilities.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/15/20 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Three things:

Bart I couldn’t agree more with everything you have stated here. Both will struggle due to height. You have to be able to create your own shot at that size and that’s where I believe cooper may have the advantage. Dangerfield relies on screens to get her shot off. Not a lot of creating on her own resulting in good shots.

CD can create her own shot, especially in the mid-range...which is the area where I think she has improved the most in four years. I have watched every minute of every game of hers for four years. She has some decision making problems, but her basketball talent is great. She is quick, especially on defense, and she is a very good shooter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 19 of 59

Jump to: