RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19881



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Draftsite's updated Mock.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2020/



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6746
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2020 WNBA mock draft: Big Board 2.0 with team projections:

https://highposthoops.com/2019/08/05/2020-wnba-mock-draft-big-board-2-0-with-team-projections/



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17866
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Draftsite's updated Mock.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2020/


stever wrote:
2020 WNBA mock draft: Big Board 2.0 with team projections:

https://highposthoops.com/2019/08/05/2020-wnba-mock-draft-big-board-2-0-with-team-projections/


Both sites project Indiana to take Lauren Cox with the #1 pick. Cox would be a perfect fit next to McCowan and could be the PF replacement for Candice Dupree (should she retire or move on).

Is Cox the best player available, however? Is Ionescu the best player in the draft? Both fair questions. The positional fit, however, is great, as High Post Hoops noted.


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17866
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Duke's Leaonna Odom was a top ten player coming out of high school who has not developed or reached her potential under Joanne P. McCallie.

I expect her to be a steal for the 2020 draft, as she will become a much better pro with the right coaching.


And I still believe this to be true.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14809
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Draftsite's updated Mock.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2020/


stever wrote:
2020 WNBA mock draft: Big Board 2.0 with team projections:

https://highposthoops.com/2019/08/05/2020-wnba-mock-draft-big-board-2-0-with-team-projections/


Both sites project Indiana to take Lauren Cox with the #1 pick. Cox would be a perfect fit next to McCowan and could be the PF replacement for Candice Dupree (should she retire or move on).

Is Cox the best player available, however? Is Ionescu the best player in the draft? Both fair questions. The positional fit, however, is great, as High Post Hoops noted.


If Ionescu gets the No. 1 pick and wants Cox, they have to trade it to whoever has the No. 2. You can't just pass on a consensus No. 1 pick because of positional needs. NY, for example, would need to give something up to get Ionescu, not just be able to take the best player in the draft at No. 2 for free.

The unfortunate thing for by NY and Indiana in this scenario is that it is difficult to find a player on NY's roster outside of Nurse and Charles worth trading for.

That said, I am far from sold on the idea that Indiana should take Cox over Ionescu. If Ionescu truly is a generational player, you take her and figure it out. She could play alongside Mitchell or Wheeler, to give you a nice three-guard rotation, for example. Or jettison some players and build around the Ionescu/McCowan combo.

You wouldn't pass on Diana Taurasi just because you already have some guards on your roster.


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17866
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
That said, I am far from sold on the idea that Indiana should take Cox over Ionescu. If Ionescu truly is a generational player, you take her and figure it out. She could play alongside Mitchell or Wheeler, to give you a nice three-guard rotation, for example. Or jettison some players and build around the Ionescu/McCowan combo.

You wouldn't pass on Diana Taurasi just because you already have some guards on your roster.


But that is the question, isn't it?

Is Ionescu a generational player? Or is she a better version of Kelsey Plum?


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14809
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
That said, I am far from sold on the idea that Indiana should take Cox over Ionescu. If Ionescu truly is a generational player, you take her and figure it out. She could play alongside Mitchell or Wheeler, to give you a nice three-guard rotation, for example. Or jettison some players and build around the Ionescu/McCowan combo.

You wouldn't pass on Diana Taurasi just because you already have some guards on your roster.


But that is the question, isn't it?

Is Ionescu a generational player? Or is she a better version of Kelsey Plum?


It is. And I don't know. Ever since Angie Welle, I try not to make predictions.

If Indiana does get the No. 1 pick, I don't trust Pokey to make the decision.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59306
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
That said, I am far from sold on the idea that Indiana should take Cox over Ionescu. If Ionescu truly is a generational player, you take her and figure it out. She could play alongside Mitchell or Wheeler, to give you a nice three-guard rotation, for example. Or jettison some players and build around the Ionescu/McCowan combo.

You wouldn't pass on Diana Taurasi just because you already have some guards on your roster.


But that is the question, isn't it?

Is Ionescu a generational player? Or is she a better version of Kelsey Plum?


It is. And I don't know. Ever since Angie Welle, I try not to make predictions.

If Indiana does get the No. 1 pick, I don't trust Pokey to make the decision.


Pokey's draft history is pretty good.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 86
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally I'm hoping for 1. New York 2. Dallas 3. Indiana 4. Atlanta

New York would finally get a #1 pick and select the highly-marketable "triple-double queen" Ionescu, even if she never gets one in the W, in a year where they start fresh at a new building and likely a new coach

Dallas would get hometown star Cox

Indiana could choose two-way SF Kaila Charles since that is where it needs an upgrade the most (still wondering how Vivians will recover for next year) or go with a backup post in Hebard/Mompremier

At #4, it wouldn't be the biggest reach to go with Dangerfield for Atlanta, or hope Chennedy Carter declares and is still available; this team needs better guards


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9030



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If history is any guide, Dream will probably trade the pick. Badly. I don't think they want to spend money on scouting.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19881



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream trade the #4 pick in the 2020 draft to Seattle for the rights to Romu Tokashiki & their the third round pick?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo



Joined: 14 Jul 2019
Posts: 86
Location: Seattle, WA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dream trade the #4 pick in the 2020 draft to Seattle for the rights to Romu Tokashiki & their the third round pick?


If the Dream do that deal, then that’s a clear sign they’re selling the team & relocating and want to make it harder for the next owners to rebuild the team Laughing As a Storm fan tho, this would be a big fat hell yeah Cool


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52126



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dream trade the #4 pick in the 2020 draft to Seattle for the rights to Romu Tokashiki & their the third round pick?


Yes, the rights to Tokashiki are so highly coveted that somebody will trade a lottery pick for her. That’s similar to the Lynx trading the rights to Cruz (who hasn’t played for them in awhile) for a lottery pick. If Reeve can pull that off, SpaceJunkie would probably lay rose pedals for her.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9862



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Cox has a higher floor and lower ceiling than Ionescu -- though Cox's ceiling could be awfully high. She's a made-to-order professional power forward ...

Sabrina has weaknesses that may be exploitable at the next level. But she may also have strengths that more than offset those weaknesses.

Of course, both need to stay healthy, and that's far from a given.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19881



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do find it odd that Megdal posted his new mock less than an hour after Draftsite posted theirs. Megdal's mock are usually off anyways.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14809
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/05/19 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Personally I'm hoping for 1. New York 2. Dallas 3. Indiana 4. Atlanta

New York would finally get a #1 pick and select the highly-marketable "triple-double queen" Ionescu, even if she never gets one in the W, in a year where they start fresh at a new building and likely a new coach

Dallas would get hometown star Cox

Indiana could choose two-way SF Kaila Charles since that is where it needs an upgrade the most (still wondering how Vivians will recover for next year) or go with a backup post in Hebard/Mompremier

At #4, it wouldn't be the biggest reach to go with Dangerfield for Atlanta, or hope Chennedy Carter declares and is still available; this team needs better guards


The Fever get screwed like that in the draft again, I might never watch the league again.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52126



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/06/19 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17866
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/06/19 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^^ I am guessing that is Tiana Mangakahia (Syracuse), who recently began treatment for breast cancer.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52126



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/06/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two-year record tallies as of 8/06/19
SEA 38-19
CON 37-19
WAS 37-19
LAS 32-23
PHX 31-25
MIN 29-27
LVA 29-28
ATL 28-29|11 games remaining. Current 10.4% chance at #1; 14.5% chance at #2
CHI 25-30
DAL 21-35|12 games remaining. Current 17.8% chance at #1; 23.0% chance at #2
NYL 15-40|13 games remaining. Current 27.6% chance at #1; 31.0% chance at #2
IND 14-43|11 games remaining. Current 44.2% chance at #1; 31.5% chance at #2

Current lottery team



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52126



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/13/19 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two-year record tallies as of 8/12/19
SEA 40-19
WAS 39-19
CON 37-21
LAS 34-23
PHX 31-26
MIN 30-28
LVA 30-29
ATL 28-30 | 10 games remaining. Current 10.4% chance at #1; 14.5% chance at #2
CHI 27-31
DAL 22-36 | 10 games remaining. Current 17.8% chance at #1; 23.0% chance at #2
NYL 15-42| 11 games remaining. Current 27.6% chance at #1; 31.0% chance at #2
IND 15-44 | 9 games remaining. Current 44.2% chance at #1; 31.5% chance at #2

Current lottery team



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 462



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/13/19 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Libs and the Fever could both super tank, and end up with the same record. Who holds the tie-breaker?

And at the other end the Libs could win 10 straight to get into the playoffs, and the Merc could super-tank (cough) down into the lottery.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59306
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/13/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
And at the other end the Libs could win 10 straight to get into the playoffs, and the Merc could super-tank (cough) down into the lottery.


Nobody is mathematically eliminated yet and probably won't be until next week. We should have some teams clinching spots soon.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21369
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/13/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
The Libs and the Fever could both super tank, and end up with the same record. Who holds the tie-breaker?

Indiana are 2-0 'up' with two still to play. Silly Fever, beating New York twice right at the start of the season and then winning three of their last four to start 'catching' New York in the standings. All those Candice Dupree minutes and they still might not hold on to the #1 seed.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 462



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/13/19 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks both.
Still plenty of drama to be had this year.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14809
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/13/19 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
The Libs and the Fever could both super tank, and end up with the same record. Who holds the tie-breaker?

Indiana are 2-0 'up' with two still to play. Silly Fever, beating New York twice right at the start of the season and then winning three of their last four to start 'catching' New York in the standings. All those Candice Dupree minutes and they still might not hold on to the #1 seed.


Last year, the Fever were a game below NY, so if they tie this year, Fever have the most balls due to the two-year record.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin