RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 02/19/20 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I'm on the Brewer train, too. She has a ton of upside and is worth a relatively high pick. She put up great numbers (19 points, 14 rebounds) tonight against that notorious Baylor front line. Impressive.

(I've seen her play twice on TV, including the previous Baylor game, and agree on the comments on her movement and fluidity and length - it's a rare gift for someone at her size).

If Texas Tech makes a run to the Big 12 title game and gets in the NCAAs that could help, too.

Hopefully she can lead her team to post season success and show off her game more in the process. Those are impressive #s against Baylor’s posts! 5 blocks too...were they against guards or Cox and the other posts?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/19/20 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
So you're saying that #6 seemed ok at the time, and only looks trash in hindsight.

Absolutely. At the time, it looked like a PG of the future pick to me.

Are you two trying to summon He Who Must Not Be Named Back to the Boards? Laughing Razz

Let's resurrect IMHOTEP!

Don’t do it !!! Let him fwreeeee Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/19/20 3:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
PRballer wrote:
I'm on the Brewer train, too. She has a ton of upside and is worth a relatively high pick. She put up great numbers (19 points, 14 rebounds) tonight against that notorious Baylor front line. Impressive.

(I've seen her play twice on TV, including the previous Baylor game, and agree on the comments on her movement and fluidity and length - it's a rare gift for someone at her size).

If Texas Tech makes a run to the Big 12 title game and gets in the NCAAs that could help, too.

Hopefully she can lead her team to post season success and show off her game more in the process. Those are impressive #s against Baylor’s posts! 5 blocks too...were they against guards or Cox and the other posts?

She was the best player on the court tonight period. Just like in the first matchup it took a late 4th Qtr run by Baylor to pull away.

PostPosted: 02/19/20 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
So you're saying that #6 seemed ok at the time, and only looks trash in hindsight.

Absolutely. At the time, it looked like a PG of the future pick to me.

Are you two trying to summon He Who Must Not Be Named Back to the Boards? Laughing Razz

Let's resurrect IMHOTEP!

Don’t do it !!! Let him fwreeeee Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally comes out

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28743871/oregon-junior-satou-sabally-enter-wnba-draft-season

Quote:
"After this season, I'm going pro. I really want to fulfill my childhood dream and play in the WNBA and later on play professionally in Europe," Sabally told ESPN in an exclusive interview. "It was [a] very hard [decision], but it was also a decision that just came from heart."

Video:

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28743986

Last edited by pilight on 02/20/20 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Early picks just got more valuable.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I typically err on the side of "students should stay in school and play out their four years of eligibility cuz once they rescind it they don't get it back"...

...Buuuuuuuuut because I want Oregon to be weaker next year (and in general) + this news is coming out this far in advance, I'm lettin' out a big ole haaaaaaaale yeaaaaaaaahhhhh. Cool Cool Cool

I bet PUMatty & other Fever fans are just doing cartwheels right now upon officially hearing this.

I think ClayK was the first one to throw it out there as a near-certainty. Tough look for anyone who went after him hard for saying so...

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/20/20 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Early picks just got more valuable.

More precisely, the No. 3 pick just got more valuable.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OH BOY, this is huge. Hold onto your high draft picks. If she’s entering early, that’s going to make the decision for someone like Carter that much easier.

Quote:
"My family is not that financially rich or in the middle class," said Satou Sabally, who added that she would also send money to extended family in Gambia. "I feel like I can finally give back and make their lives a little bit easier, pay their rent for a nicer house, because we were all squished together.

"... Just provide a life for my little brothers where they maybe have more than one pair of shoes for a whole season."

Sabally was born in New York City and then moved to Gambia with her family when she was 2 before they settled in Berlin, Germany, when she was 7.

Didn’t realize she eager to make money. The timing of this new CBA bumping up rookie by at least $15,000 is pretty good.

Wow, for the Fever organization. Top 3 is butter as of now.

I wonder if Team USA can naturalize her, since she was born in the USA? Other countries are always naturalizing our players. Turnabout. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/20/20 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

I bet PUMatty & other Fever fans are just doing cartwheels right now upon officially hearing this.

If my fat ass could do a cartwheel ...

Very exciting for the Fever. This was a two-player draft, and now it's a three-play draft. Hallelujah. Either Satou or Cox would be a great fits with McCowan for the Fever and huge potential.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

toad455

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still got Sabally at #2 and Cox at #3

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still have Cox at #2, but there’s still the best part of the college season remaining. It could very well be Oregon vs Baylor in the NCAAT.

Get yourself a player that looks at you like Cox does at the Wings.

(Cox at a Wings game)

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I still have Cox at #2, but there’s still the best part of the college season remaining. It could very well be Oregon vs Baylor in the NCAAT.

Get yourself a player that looks at you like Cox does at the Wings.

(Cox at a Wings game)

The problem is, in that screenshot, Cox ain't looking at the Wings with a whole lot of excitement. Confused Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You’re taking a frozen moment in time too literally. Just being at a Wings game says a lot.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You’re taking a frozen moment in time too literally. Just being at a Wings game says a lot.

I know, I'm just messin' with ya Razz

I'd still be very surprised if the Wings passed up on a solid hometown player who in theory would want to be there her whole career (although Agler does love his international players - though he ain't the Wings' GM, now is he).

Randy

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:

I know, I'm just messin' with ya Razz

I'd still be very surprised if the Wings passed up on a solid hometown player who in theory would want to be there her whole career (although Agler does love his international players - though he ain't the Wings' GM, now is he).

He loves them so much he never plays them.....(at least in LA).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Ughhh im sooo close to believing this as well . The draft picks should be a convincing part if were hoping to keep #2 and gain possibly #4

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Ughhh im sooo close to believing this as well . The draft picks should be a convincing part if were hoping to keep #2 and gain possibly #4

And how would you do that?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Probably something like #5 + #7 for #4.

Tempting, eh? But does ATL really need more rookies on the team right now?
And wouldn’t Carter fit in nicely behind Montgomery, and probably take over her job half way through the season?

Last edited by Shades on 02/20/20 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

5 and 7 for 4?

Atl get the non-lottery post gaurd PG of their choice (Hebbard and Dnagerfield, Allarie and Cooper, Harris and Mompremier or Holmes)

and Dallas can try and make Carter/Ogunbowale work instead of Atl trying to see If Carter/C. Williams and Hayes can work.

If the trade is before Carter declare and she doesn't it basically becomes two player for one pretty much all on the same tier so Atlanta should probably wait until closer to the draft before making that move

Last edited by J-Spoon on 02/20/20 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5+7=12 not 4 Razz But yeah - could happen if Carter decides to stay in school. Dream need a PG and none of PG's are worth a No. 4 pick.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

What about Kaela Davis + #15 for #3 pick?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
5+7=12 not 4 Razz But yeah - could happen if Carter decides to stay in school. Dream need a PG and none of PG's are worth a No. 4 pick.

Carter/Hayes/Williams perimeter cold be fun Smile.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

You can use Carter as a PG.

If you meant none of the other PG prospects are worth the #4, I agree with that. They’re not even worth the #6 unless maybe that team feels desperate.

Last edited by Shades on 02/20/20 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/20/20 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

What about Kaela Davis + #15 for #3 pick?

God bless ya DFWub, but even if you meant Davis + #5 for #3, ya better delete that before Fever fans/others see it & come after you for suggesting something like that unless you say you were 100% joking (and even then). Razz I didn't even get more than a tepid response from my Davis-for-KML idea. Laughing

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/20/20 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 26 of 59

Jump to: