Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/21/20 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:
Naw, there’s not a lot of talk about Harris, and definitely not in the first round. She’s under the radar for first round.

Semantics. Confused

Do you or anybody else have an opinion about Jocelyn Willoughby of Virginia? I've only seen her once that I can remember. At 6-0, she looks to have a strong, pro-ready body, and her stats are pretty good. Willoughby seems to have the offensive game of a small forward, so she's fine on that end. However, the only time I saw her she was defending at center -- probably because she's so strong and Aiyeoton unexpectedly retired. That would be a major transition at the next level.

Haven't seen a whole lot of her but I see there are a couple taped Virginia games on YouTube lol. Her 3-point %, which right now is at exactly 40%, will make or break her imo. Her 2-point % is a bit on the low side for a SF prospect (45%), but the biggest knock on her is her ATO being well below 1. Otherwise, pretty good rebounder and leads her team in steals. She could become a 3-and-D type of role player at the next level. I have her on my prospects list and current mock draft as a SF prospect, too, I think she's worth taking a flier on.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/20 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The draft is scheduled for April 17th

PostPosted: 01/24/20 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.swishappeal.com/ncaa/2020/1/24/21079329/ncaaw-wnba-draft-prospect-watch-2020-kiah-gillespie-florida-state-seminoles-aac-sue-semrau

Quote:
The 6-foot-2 Gillespie is a well-rounded, talented post player who can score both inside and outside. Offensively, her game has few weaknesses. It’s that 3-point shot that makes Gillespie such a difficult cover for ACC foes. It is also a skill that makes her an intriguing prospect for WNBA general managers. Being such a focus for opposing defenses, Gillespie doesn’t get many open looks from the perimeter (like in the clip above). That could change in a professional offense, however, where she isn’t the primary scoring option.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wmka6cVm8qY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/25/20 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey NY your getting the next great player this decade. Take advantage!

PostPosted: 01/26/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s something I thought I’d never say.
Kathleen Doyle of Iowa on the draft radar?
I have a tough time seeing her stick on a roster long term, although that’s up to her if she gets the opportunity. She’s having a Big Ten POY level of a season.

stever

PostPosted: 01/27/20 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28576217/why-south-carolina-tyasha-harris-one-top-point-guards-country

Quote:
A starter since her freshman year, when South Carolina won the 2017 NCAA title, Harris struggled with consistency and being comfortable in the biggest moments early in her career. But the confidence has blossomed, and her leadership has been instrumental in creating a chemistry with South Carolina's highly regarded freshmen, who have exceeded expectations all season.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Dangerfield is Ketia Swanier redux

Exactly. She'll stick on a roster as long as she's on a rookie contract. After that she's done unless her game improves.

Disagree. Dangerfield is a much better shooter, dribbler, passer, leader and scorer than Swanier. Swanier was faster than Dangerfield in a straight line but not in the same ballpark as Dangerfield when assessing their skills as a PG.

truth

PostPosted: 01/28/20 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a pretty futile thing to do considering we have no idea about early entries and it feels like some picks will end up being traded but since I haven't done one in awhile. Also going to include Salaby and Carter because it makes it much easier IMO

1. NY Ionescu
2. Dallas Cox
3. Indy Salaby
4. Atl Carter
5. PX Mompremier
6. Minn Bella Alarie
7. Sea Charles
8. Chi Hebard
9. Dallas Cooper
10 Conn Dangerfield
11. Conn Gilespie
12. Was Harris

13. NY Holmes
14. Minn Pivec
15. Dallas Martin

and right about here I start to lose interest

Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/20 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spooner, you seem to be paying attention... at least to Cooper, anyway. She has yet another impressive game tonight. She’s definitely flirting with first round if she can keep it up.

As far as Mompremier goes, she’s been hurt lately. I’m not sure what’s up with that. I haven’t seen anything from her this year that shows me that she deserves to be up that high. As of now I have Hebard above her.

Some people love Pivec in the first round, but I’d rather have Gorecki as a value pick in a later round.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/28/20 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
This is a pretty futile thing to do considering we have no idea about early entries and it feels like some picks will end up being traded but since I haven't done one in awhile. Also going to include Salaby and Carter because it makes it much easier IMO

1. NY Ionescu
2. Dallas Cox
3. Indy Salaby
4. Atl Carter
5. PX Mompremier
6. Minn Bella Alarie
7. Sea Charles
8. Chi Hebard
9. Dallas Cooper
10 Conn Dangerfield
11. Conn Gilespie
12. Was Harris

13. NY Holmes
14. Minn Pivec
15. Dallas Martin

I think Holmes is someone that should go in the first round. I think she’ll be better in the pros than in college. She’s had a really solid senior year, and I could see a teams like Phoenix, Chicago and Seattle being intrigued due to her skill set and size.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/28/20 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Also going to include [Sabally] and Carter because it makes it much easier IMO

I feel that. As I was updating my draft board, I ended up putting Alarie at 3 and Dangerfield at 4 in probably the funkiest it's ever looked. Shocked My rationale was, maybe Marianne Stanley wants a Delle Donne-type player of her own in Indiana; and Atlanta with or without McCoughtry still has a hole at PG and a need for 3-point shooting (though Dangerfield at 4 to any team would probably be downright bone-headed lol). Ultimately, I highly doubt that no one will early-declare, but I don't put anyone on my mocks until it becomes official. If somehow no one early-declares, the Dream should really try to not stay at #4, no matter if they trade up or trade down imo.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/29/20 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

1. NY Ionescu
2. Dallas Cox
3. Indy Salaby
4. Atl Carter
5. PX Mompremier
6. Minn Bella Alarie
7. Sea Charles
8. Chi Hebard
9. Dallas Cooper
10 Conn Dangerfield
11. Conn Gilespie
12. Was Harris

13. NY Holmes
14. Minn Pivec
15. Dallas Martin

I think Holmes is someone that should go in the first round. I think she’ll be better in the pros than in college. She’s had a really solid senior year, and I could see a teams like Phoenix, Chicago and Seattle being intrigued due to her skill set and size.

I totally agree

it is no coincidence that I put her at 13 being a NY fan

but I think she has the potential for a slight fall depending on who moves up

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/29/20 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Also going to include [Sabally] and Carter because it makes it much easier IMO

I feel that. As I was updating my draft board, I ended up putting Alarie at 3 and Dangerfield at 4 in probably the funkiest it's ever looked. Shocked My rationale was, maybe Marianne Stanley wants a Delle Donne-type player of her own in Indiana; and Atlanta with or without McCoughtry still has a hole at PG and a need for 3-point shooting (though Dangerfield at 4 to any team would probably be downright bone-headed lol). Ultimately, I highly doubt that no one will early-declare, but I don't put anyone on my mocks until it becomes official. If somehow no one early-declares, the Dream should really try to not stay at #4, no matter if they trade up or trade down imo.

totally

figuring out who to put 3 and 4 if no one declares is extremely difficult

I have Mompremier to Indy we know how Shades feels about that but I have her high on my post list because she has W post size with some perimeter game and could transition to the PF spot sort of Lavender-ish which could work with T. McC and Charles at 4 because she could probably stat at the 3 in Atl and if she ever develops a 3 point shot could be one of the stronger players from the draft in a few years. But both those picks could be mistakes so a couple more true lottery players declaring makes everyone's job a little easier as you move down the board.

UK1996

PostPosted: 01/29/20 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joyner Holmes is interesting. After her freshman year I was sure she would be a POY candidate, then she had several setbacks. I think she could turn out to be really really good player in the right situation.

PostPosted: 01/30/20 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Joyner Holmes is interesting. After her freshman year I was sure she would be a POY candidate, then she had several setbacks. I think she could turn out to be really really good player in the right situation.

This _____ If we keep our 2nd first rd pick and shes around i want her.

PostPosted: 01/30/20 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

+1

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/30/20 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hey NY your getting the next great player this decade. Take advantage!

Shakespeare in Love...

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/20 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jeQcXyCka7k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/20 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.vnews.com/Dartmouth-Women-s-Basketball-host-Princeton-Ivy-League-play-32305354
Quote:
Along with the rankings, they entered Friday No. 1 in the country in fewest turnovers. Starting guard Bella Alarie, who scored 23 points against the Big Green, is an expected top-10 pick in this spring’s WNBA draft. Connecticut Sun coach Curt Miller was at Leede Arena on Friday night to watch her play.

Miller doesn’t pick until #10 & #11.
We’re not going to let Miller draft her....
Are we, Reeve?
Are we, Hughes?
Are we, Wade?
Are we, Bibb?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/01/20 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
We’re not going to let Miller draft her....
Are we, Reeve?
Are we, Hughes?
Are we, Wade?
Are we, Bibb?

Like I said, I have her at #3 right now, if no one early-declares. If Indiana wants to stop rebuilding & start winning, Alarie’s face-up/perimeter game is a better complement to (and would take less adjusting to) McCowan than Hebard or Mompremier; More upside imo, too. Her Team USA 3x3 experience should legitimize her on its own, but her stats this year are also great - 18.2 PPG, 50% FG, 54% 3PT on ~2 attempts/game, 8.6 RPG, 2.3 BPG. Only 11 games played, but Ivy League schools play less games than everyone else anyway. Her competition isn’t ideal, but then again, neither was Delle Donne’s; and as we’ve said, Alarie’s a poor-man’s version of her. And if only one junior early-declares, Alarie I think should still be a lottery pick. No one else at this point particularly jumps out at me after Ionescu & Cox. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/01/20 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

+1

I'm not convinced. But ok as a second round pick I guess. Even though some of it is injury, she's shown no inclination to actually get into shape that I have seen. Plus I like to see bball 'smarts' from someone with potential, and she too often just does dumb things (IMO).

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/20 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

+1

I'm not convinced. But ok as a second round pick I guess. Even though some of it is injury, she's shown no inclination to actually get into shape that I have seen. Plus I like to see bball 'smarts' from someone with potential, and she too often just does dumb things (IMO).

They’re saying second first round pick (#9), not the second round pick (#15 or #21) .

Shades

PostPosted: 02/01/20 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h-5UCiSCvV8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/02/20 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

+1

They’re saying second first round pick (#9), not the second round pick (#15 or #21) .

Currently, playing at a sophomore level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 21 of 59

Jump to: