RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59984
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Carter's clearly pro-ready. I don't see why she wouldn't enter early. She's easily a lottery pick(#4 to Atlanta??).


Carter was pro ready a year ago, when she would have easily been the #1 pick. Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9516



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream need to get Carter. Package #4 and whoever it takes to get her. Dream need a player who can fire up the fan base.



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53004



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.


They should draft Carter and trade Diggins for something good.

If they were to trade Diggins to the Sparks, maybe they could get Kalani Brown plus the rights to Iagupova in return.

That would add two more Texas-schooled players to the team.

Another idea is to send Diggins and whatever it takes to Indiana to try to acquire McCowan, but Indiana would be crazy to give up McCowan. Nobody like her.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10121



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I've heard Carter isn't the most popular teammate -- may or may not be true, and if true, may not translate to the pro level.

All indications are Sabally will come out, and if she does, Oregon could have four players drafted, three in the first round.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53004



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

All indications are Sabally will come out


I haven’t seen any indications. Care to point them out?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8887
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imagine Ogunbowale & Carter Shocked Shocked Not enough basketball gods in the world !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14959
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.


They should draft Carter and trade Diggins for something good.

If they were to trade Diggins to the Sparks, maybe they could get Kalani Brown plus the rights to Iagupova in return.

That would add two more Texas-schooled players to the team.

Another idea is to send Diggins and whatever it takes to Indiana to try to acquire McCowan, but Indiana would be crazy to give up McCowan. Nobody like her.


Indiana is not going to give up McCowan, but they might consider some sort of pack that involves Diggins and the No. 3.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 10121



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

All indications are Sabally will come out


I haven’t seen any indications. Care to point them out?


It's what I hear from West Coast chatter ... no specific sources. Feel free to doubt ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14959
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Carter and Satou both come out, this is looking like a very good draft, at least in the lottery. Very, very good.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20494



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, both enter and the draft just got deep! But then it makes the 2021 draft start to look weak.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 262
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Carter's clearly pro-ready. I don't see why she wouldn't enter early. She's easily a lottery pick(#4 to Atlanta??).


Carter was pro ready a year ago, when she would have easily been the #1 pick. Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.


How is it not a position of need, when Skylar's unhappy and may have caused some tension between her and the organization that cannot be repaired, then there is Moriah and her lifetime of injuries who more than likely, won't even play half a season in a Wings uniform!!!


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 262
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.


They should draft Carter and trade Diggins for something good.

If they were to trade Diggins to the Sparks, maybe they could get Kalani Brown plus the rights to Iagupova in return.

That would add two more Texas-schooled players to the team.

Another idea is to send Diggins and whatever it takes to Indiana to try to acquire McCowan, but Indiana would be crazy to give up McCowan. Nobody like her.


Kalani, Imani and Kristine are all one in the same to me, so what would be the point of making a trade with LA vs another team?


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21640
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Carter's clearly pro-ready. I don't see why she wouldn't enter early. She's easily a lottery pick(#4 to Atlanta??).


Carter was pro ready a year ago, when she would have easily been the #1 pick. Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.


How is it not a position of need, when Skylar's unhappy and may have caused some tension between her and the organization that cannot be repaired, then there is Moriah and her lifetime of injuries who more than likely, won't even play half a season in a Wings uniform!!!

Your one meaningful player this season was a ballhandling scoring guard. Your best (hopefully) returning player, even if she's been grumpy, is a ballhandling scoring guard. One of the main pieces from the Cambage trade, who the franchise keeps saying will be showing up, is a point guard. Meanwhile your post rotation is Harrison, a bit of Stevens (given people keep claiming she's a 3), a few centers who've proven nothing and the hope that the wildly overrated Glory Johnson might come back despte being a UFA. I think it's fair to say that the significantly bigger need is inside.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
allenleavell



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 677



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="DFWub2018"]
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Carter's clearly pro-ready. I don't see why she wouldn't enter early. She's easily a lottery pick(#4 to Atlanta??).


Carter was pro ready a year ago, when she would have easily been the #1 pick. Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.


How is it not a position of need, when Skylar's unhappy and may have caused some tension between her and the organization that cannot be repaired, then there is Moriah and her lifetime of injuries who more than likely, won't even play half a season in a Wings uniform!!![/quote
e]
Get your facts straight.... mo was injured in last season in san antonio
From previous wnba season. She has the same injury. Look Vegas wanted her to play so she played. Look how long it been to recover.
gGod forbide anybody taking care of the body.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21640
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/09/19 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know we've just had Collier prove that the good ones can play both spots, but do people consider Sabally primarily a 3 or a 4 at the pro level? Has the height for a 4, but shoots some 3s and looks to have some decent perimeter skills.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20494



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/09/19 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Sabally as a 4 in the W. But can give certain teams a big line-up with her at SF. Indiana takes her and they can go with Sabally/Achonwa/McCowan at times.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 5348
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/09/19 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Sabally as DeWanna Bonner with bigger muscles and a runway to get better. She can play either 3 or 4, but you could create a match-up nightmare by using her at 3. On the other hand, LA used the big lineup a lot in recent years and they ended up playing better when they got away from it.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25844



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/09/19 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO she's optimally a three. If she has to play inside, she can but more dangerous on the outside where she can dive or shoot. And she's improved every year. She will be a great W player...barring injury.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53004



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/10/19 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s8uPusg9mL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14959
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/10/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
IMO she's optimally a three. If she has to play inside, she can but more dangerous on the outside where she can dive or shoot. And she's improved every year. She will be a great W player...barring injury.


I think ideally she could be a versatile 4 alongside a big dominant 5. She and McCowan would pair really well, for example.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21640
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/10/19 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:
IMO she's optimally a three. If she has to play inside, she can but more dangerous on the outside where she can dive or shoot. And she's improved every year. She will be a great W player...barring injury.


I think ideally she could be a versatile 4 alongside a big dominant 5. She and McCowan would pair really well, for example.

Yeah, you wonder if maybe fit makes them lean Sabally over Carter. I'd love to see almost anyone push Dupree into a reserve role. But at the same time I don't think a perimeter corps of Wheeler, K.Mitchell, T.Mitchell, Burke, Laney, whatever's left of S.Johnson and a recovering Vivians has exactly proven that they're good enough to just be the final group going forward. You probably still just have to take whoever you believe to be the best available player.

Well, best available non-center, but that's probably not an issue this year.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14959
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/10/19 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:
IMO she's optimally a three. If she has to play inside, she can but more dangerous on the outside where she can dive or shoot. And she's improved every year. She will be a great W player...barring injury.


I think ideally she could be a versatile 4 alongside a big dominant 5. She and McCowan would pair really well, for example.

Yeah, you wonder if maybe fit makes them lean Sabally over Carter. I'd love to see almost anyone push Dupree into a reserve role. But at the same time I don't think a perimeter corps of Wheeler, K.Mitchell, T.Mitchell, Burke, Laney, whatever's left of S.Johnson and a recovering Vivians has exactly proven that they're good enough to just be the final group going forward. You probably still just have to take whoever you believe to be the best available player.

Well, best available non-center, but that's probably not an issue this year.


If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21640
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/10/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.

Also a fair point, but Cox also looks like a decent fit next to McCowan, so you could just end up with a similar debate.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53004



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/10/19 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.


It’s a long season.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14959
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/10/19 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.

Also a fair point, but Cox also looks like a decent fit next to McCowan, so you could just end up with a similar debate.


Agreed, though I want to see what K Mitchell can do under a different coach.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin