RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 04/16/20 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The draft is technically scheduled to air for 3 hours to include interviews with all first-round picks. The first pick is expected to be announced around 7:30pm.

So, it only took a deadly, world wide pandemic, a complete shutdown of all major sports and an economy falling off of a cliff to get the WNBA draft the kind of coverage it deserves....

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/16/20 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
Sorry if it was already posted, is there a list of players who will be participating in the virtual draft?

From instagram I see some players who got boxes of merchandise (draft shirts, hats from every team) include:
Carter, Walker, Harris, Mompremier, Alarie, Dangerfield, Cooper, Gillespie, Charles.
I assume Ionescu, Sabally, Cox, and Hebard also got boxes. With these four that would be like 13 ‘invites’.

There's supposedly going to be virtual media availability with everyone who goes in the first round almost immediately. Exactly how they'll pull that off if someone drafts Unknown Random X from Outer Mongolia, we'll have to wait and see.

It'll be fun to see some of them hunting thru their boxes trying to find the right thing, and maybe even grabbing the wrong one! Laughing
I guess we could use this list to pick who will be last picked. It won't be as embarrassing as sitting at the table in person.

Right! Should be fun to see Laughing

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/16/20 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Kobe and Gigi are also part of what is happening in women’s basketball.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/16/20 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks stars Sabrina Ionescu, Ruthy Hebard hoping to reunite in WNBA
https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20200415/oregon-ducks-stars-sabrina-ionescu-ruthy-hebard-hoping-to-reunite-in-wnba

Quote:
The dynamic Oregon women’s basketball duo’s dream of playing together in the WNBA isn’t so far-fetched after a blockbuster trade on Wednesday.

The New York Liberty, which is expected to take Ionescu No. 1 overall in Friday’s draft, acquired three additional picks in a noteworthy three-team deal.

Quote:
I’m trying to pick her up on whatever team I end up on,” Ionescu said of her college roommate. “So hopefully she’ll thrive in the atmosphere that we’re at together. She’s going to thrive anywhere she goes.”

Quote:
“Ruthy won’t get to 11, that’s all I can say,” Ionescu predicted Tuesday on a video conference with reporters. “She will be in the top with us. If she gets to 11, I wouldn’t go one I would say. I don’t think she’s getting to 11.”

Quote:
“She’s going to have a great point guard and someone’s that’s going to be able to get her the ball,” Ionescu said of how she thinks Hebard’s game will translate in the professional ranks. “She has better hands than anyone, any big that I’ve ever played with. Her ability to catch and finish in the lane in traffic with bigger, smaller defenders, really anyone, is a gift that can’t be taught.”

Quote:
“Excited to see the growing pains she’s going to go through, and we’re all going to go through, and be able to see how much better she comes out on the other end,” Ionescu said. “I’m hoping somehow she’ll end up with me.”

In case Reeve hasn’t thought about picking Hebard, I’m going to have to point out this article to her. If she picks Hebard, I’m pretty sure her phone will be ringing, if it hasn’t already rang.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/16/20 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
In case Reeve hasn’t thought about picking Hebard, I’m going to have to point out this article to her. If she picks Hebard, I’m pretty sure her phone will be ringing, if it hasn’t already rang.

If New York is indeed ringing...
What do you want in a trade for 6?
What do fans think Reeve would take in a trade for 6?

Brown/Banham/Sims
Talbot/Johnson/Harper
Collier/Zandalasini/Christmas-Kelly
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Alexander

Some would say she needs a point guard. Others might say those wings other than Collier are washed up or not good enough to play a lot. And then some would like a backup center.
She has said the 1 spot isn’t a big need for them.
She just brought in 2/3 spot players Johnson and Zandalasini, and has big minutes Collier at the 3.
I have them drafting a post in Hebard.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see the drafting of Sabrina Ionescu two ways, she could be like a Kelsey Plum or a Sue Bird either way she'll be forcing a trade in 4 years to the Storm or Sparks.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jones Prepares for WNBA Draft
https://www.wave3.com/2020/04/16/jones-prepares-wnba-draft/

Quote:
Jones has already signed to play professionally in France. She hasn’t learned the language, but hopes to get some help from former teammate, Yacine (Ya Ya) Diop. “Ya Ya can speak French, so I’m pretty sure she’ll teach me a couple things before we don’t see each other no more,” said Jones. She will join that team pending on when, or if there is a WNBA season.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Since the draft pick has been traded I will reintroduce my draft day proposal. The Sky will trade Lavender for the #9 pick of the 2020 draft.

Surprised

Mavcarter, I don't dislike Lavender. It would be great if Chicago can keep both Lavender and Parker beyond 2020 but I believe both are going to want a contract the same amount that Dolson received. The Sky can't afford to pay both of them. If the Sky keep both post players this season then this will be the Last Dance that the current squad plays together. Win or lose the Sky will have to say goodbye to one of the above players and not receive any compensation for losing either player.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I see the drafting of Sabrina Ionescu two ways, she could be like a Kelsey Plum or a Sue Bird either way she'll be forcing a trade in 4 years to the Storm or Sparks.

Three cheers to SportsGuru with having great insight. Wink

PostPosted: 04/17/20 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martin hoping to represent WVU & hometown of Atlanta in WNBA
https://www.wdtv.com/content/sports/Martin-hoping-to-represent-WVU--hometown-of-Atlanta-in-WNBA-569704931.html?ref=931

Quote:
She is projected as a second or third round pick on most mock draft boards, and her strong physique and shooter's touch are a big reason why.

"A lot of people comment on my arms and how built I look but I've always looked like that," she said. "As far as shooting over people, stopping on a dime and pulling up, I think that I can drag that along to my pro career."

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping for history: Texas Tech’s Brewer eager to hear name called in WNBA Draft
https://www.lubbockonline.com/sports/20200416/hoping-for-history-texas-techrsquos-brewer-eager-to-hear-name-called-in-wnba-draft

Quote:
Brewer, the leading scorer and rebounder, spent most of the season as one of the nation’s top shot blockers and powered the Lady Raiders to their most wins (1Cool and highest Big 12 Conference seed in seven seasons. The Abilene, Texas, native also recorded the program’s first triple double in 22 years. She tallied 12 points, 14 rebounds and an NCAA record-tying 16 blocks in Texas Tech’s 83-38 win over Louisiana-Monroe on Dec. 22.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=29044695&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/17/20 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2020/04/16/wnba-mock-draft-7-0-big-board-tina-charles-trade/amp/1/

I wouldn’t mind Walker falling to 9, but we pick up zero posts in this mock.
1. Ionescu 9. Walker 12. Laska 13. Moore 15. Johnson 26. Samuels
So point guard, small forward, shooting guard/small forward, point guard, point guard/shooting guard, and small forward.

Ionescu/Clarendon/Boyd/Moore
Durr/Johannes/Laska/Johnson/Hill
Nurse/Allen/Walker/Walker-Kimbrough/Samuels
Zahui B
Stokes/Gray/Xu

A touch slim in the post, unless we have Allen and Walker as small ball 4s. Not sure the thinking behind this one.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/17/20 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so my last mock was before the trade so here is the last last one

Also in a fun new shape

1. NY Ionescu 2. Dallas Sabally 3. Indy Cox 4. Atl Carter

5. Dallas Hebard 6. Minn Walker 7. Dallas Harris 8. Chi Alarie

9. NY Mompremier 10. PX Dangerfield 11. Sea Cooper 12. NY Herbert-Harrigan

13. NY Brewer 14. Indy Charles 15. NY Willoughby 16. Minn Gillespie

17. Atl Holmes 18. PX Pivec 19. Sea Laksa 20. LA Odom

21. Dallas Martin 22. LA Johnson 23. Conn Shook 24. Wash Gorecki

25. Atl Ekhomu 26. NY Li Yuan 27. Atl P. Williams 28. Indy A. Harris

29. PX Tolefree 30. Chi Doyle 31. Sea Geiselsoder 32. Chi J. Jones

33. LV J. Brown 34. LA Dean 35. Conn Samuels 36. Wash Bil. Massey

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m surprised you have DAL taking Hebard that high. That pretty much slams the door on any notion of trading up for her. With Hebard going to MIN, you’d have a chance.

I hate what’s left at #16. You assigned MIN a player that admits she needs to get into better shape (at least admitting it is the first step), and she’s a tweener who isn’t that efficient. Kinda emphasizes that MIN should take one of the good posts early on.

Come in fresh off that article, I thought for sure you’d put Martin with her home town ATL.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/17/20 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so my last mock was before the trade so here is the last last one

5. Dallas Hebard 6. Minn Walker 7. Dallas Harris 8. Chi Alarie

Change it to this, and I'm good with your draft.

5. Walker. 6. Harris 7. Hebard/Mompremier.....

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow="autoplay; fullscreen" src="https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

Randy

PostPosted: 04/17/20 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Martin hoping to represent WVU & hometown of Atlanta in WNBA
https://www.wdtv.com/content/sports/Martin-hoping-to-represent-WVU--hometown-of-Atlanta-in-WNBA-569704931.html?ref=931

Quote:
She is projected as a second or third round pick on most mock draft boards, and her strong physique and shooter's touch are a big reason why.

"A lot of people comment on my arms and how built I look but I've always looked like that," she said. "As far as shooting over people, stopping on a dime and pulling up, I think that I can drag that along to my pro career."

BTW - this starts out with a very long commercial about a drug for irritable bowel syndrome. So we warned.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Chicago coach James Wade jokes that he might have an advantage in the WNBA’s virtual draft Friday night despite picking from France where it will be after midnight when the Sky make their first choice.

It’s not his first time having to draft virtually. Wade worked from a hotel room in Hungary during last year’s draft as the Russian team he coaches in the winter was in the European Final Four when the event was taking place in New York.

Oh, that’s his his excuse for picking KLS last year. He might have been a little sleepy. He might be sleepy again this year and pick somebody like Brewer at #8. Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Razorbacks Alexis Tolefree Picked as WNBA Prospect
https://swark.today/razorbacks-alexis-tolefree-picked-as-wnba-prospect/

Quote:
“I do think there’s a good chance she gets picked,” Neighbors said Wednesday afternoon. “There are three rounds total of 36 picks and ESPN had her up at No. 22. I’ve talked to about half the league which is a good sign they are very much talking about her. I think it’s just awesome they are even talking about her, because again, you are talking about a kid coming out of high school that nobody had on their radar for being a future WNBA draft pick. She’s really worked herself into that position. It’s been amazing to watch her do it.”

Quote:
Neighbors explained why. “There are only 11 roster spots on 12 teams,” Neighbors said. “So that’s 132 spots to choose from and you know there’s 20 years worth of veterans wanting to play. So it’s a really hard thing to A: Getting drafted. And B: Making the team. So even to be going into it with anticipation and hopes is an awesome thing for her.”

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peyton Williams preparing for WNBA draft despite coronavirus lockdown
https://themercury.com/k_state_sports/peyton-williams-preparing-for-wnba-draft-despite-coronavirus-lockdown/article_2f29bfdc-f409-50a7-9e38-fc3c3524c3bf.html

I like this picture they used of her. Here she’s getting destroyed by Baylor sophomore Queen Egbo.

Quote:
“It’s hard to tell with all that’s happened and without the postseason,” Williams said. “(Arryn) thinks I’ll go second or third round, just like all the draft boards say. If I don’t get drafted and I’m a free agent for a little bit, we can handle that too.”

Quote:
It is very difficult to make an 11-man roster,” Lobo said. “Even more difficult for a second-round or third-round pick to make it.”

Lobo must be the one screwing people up.

Quote:
“There are certain teams that if you’re in the draft, you hope (they) draft you,” Lobo said. “You hope you’re drafted by the New York Liberty, because they have more positions to make a team. There are a few rosters, like Washington or Seattle, with the makeup of veterans and success they’ve had, where it will be difficult to make a team, especially for players outside the top 12 or 14.”

Lobo burn.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/20 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jace Frederick Mock Draft
https://www.twincities.com/2020/04/16/pioneer-press-2020-wnba-mock-draft/

No. 1 New York: Sabrina Ionescu
No. 2 Dallas: Satou Sabally
No. 3 Indiana: Lauren Cox
No. 4 Atlanta: Chennedy Carter
No. 5 Dallas: Tyasha Harris
No. 6 Minnesota: Megan Walker
No. 7 Dallas: Ruthy Hebard
No. 8 Chicago: Beatrice Mompremier
No. 9 New York: Bella Alarie
No. 10 Phoenix: Mikiah Herbert Harrigan
No. 11 Seattle: Kitija Laksa
No. 12 New York: Jocelyn Willoughby

It’s pretty obvious when mocks are cheating off each other. Yet another mock with MHH at #10 and Laksa at #11? Odds of that happening more than once should be microscopic.

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/17/20 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kent Youngblood from the Star Tribune looks at top 6 picks:

https://m.startribune.com/lynx-need-a-point-guard-but-could-draft-a-forward-at-no-6-in-wnba-draft/569715072/

1. Sabrina
2. Sabally
3. Cox
4. Carter
5. Walker
6. Alarie

PostPosted: 04/17/20 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Could happen ... but if the Liberty are title contenders in four years, New York might be a great place to play. In fact, players may force trades so they can play with the Liberty ...

PostPosted: 04/17/20 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

If she's smart, she'll force it tonight...

Sorry NY fans.

(My burial will be on Tuesday, April 21st.) Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59

Jump to: