RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/15/20 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

still haven't heard a good reason why Minny wouldn't take Harris if she were available at that pick. I think Dallas needs to take her at #5 if they really want her.

- Amanda Gorman
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/15/20 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I would have gladly swapped or lottery pick if it meant getting pick 3,5 or even 6 vs what we ended up with.

I actually think this trade is worse than the dangerously low ball ones I was suggesting

I just don’t think the option was available, unfortunately. My thought is Tina would only agree to certain teams. With Dallas, Atlanta, Indiana not being on that list.
So we couldn’t get a top 5 pick directly from one of those teams. With Dallas just being a supporter in this trade, would they have given up 5 this year for a 2021 1st round pick from Washington (likely 10 to 12 range),, a 2021 2nd round pick from NY (likely 13-16), and just the rights to swap 2021 1st rounders (when they still might be worse than us)?

I don’t see why they would agree to that when 5 is likely going to be better than the 11th pick and 14th picks in 2021, and Dallas and NY will likely both be lottery teams and there isn’t really a huge hierarchy at the top of next years draft, so 1-4 might not be all that different talent wise.

six sense

PostPosted: 04/15/20 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-SPOON I believe Holmes and Gillespie are listed at same height. And shooting wise I think over there college career Gillespie has proven to be the better shooter with better foot work on the offensive side. I watched quite a few games of both and one of the things that struck me was how hard it was for Holmes to get off her shot against players her size or taller. But I could be wrong also going to be fun to watch them for the next few years

PostPosted: 04/15/20 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29041093/wnba-mock-draft-2020-sabrina-ionescu-remains-no-1-trades-shuffle-first-round?platform=amp

Post trade mock by Mechelle Voepel.

Quote:
11. Seattle Storm: Kitija Laksa, SG, Latvia (South Florida)

Very interesting. I’ve got her mid to late 2nd round. But this is I think the 2nd recent mock I’ve seen her 1st round. One being the AP poll of W coaches/GMs mock.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whenever I watched Texas, it looked like Holmes had trouble putting the ball in the hoop, even from layup land. I just looked up her 2% and it is even worse than I thought! 38% for a post player is just atrocious. And she looks like she's never bothered to get into shape. Not impressed. PS: she's also not 6'3".

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29041093/wnba-mock-draft-2020-sabrina-ionescu-remains-no-1-trades-shuffle-first-round?platform=amp

Quote:

Very interesting. I’ve got her mid to late 2nd round. But this is I think the 2nd recent mock I’ve seen her 1st round. One being the AP poll of W coaches/GMs mock.

Laksa does seem like a good fit for Seattle

and if Seattle can't fit the #11 pick in this year Laksa could also fit into the draft and stash mold if she decides not to come to America in 2020

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

six sense wrote:
J-SPOON I believe Holmes and Gillespie are listed at same height. And shooting wise I think over there college career Gillespie has proven to be the better shooter with better foot work on the offensive side. I watched quite a few games of both and one of the things that struck me was how hard it was for Holmes to get off her shot against players her size or taller. But I could be wrong also going to be fun to watch them for the next few years

discussing not arguing and again could be wrong

I think Holmes looks bigger and longer (the listings I see say 6'3" vs 6'2" I think Holmes has more wingspan as well) and while her 3 is weaker IMO her handle is better which gives her more flexibility to play the 3 or the 4

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Whenever I watched Texas, it looked like Holmes had trouble putting the ball in the hoop, even from layup land. I just looked up her 2% and it is even worse than I thought! 38% for a post player is just atrocious. And she looks like she's never bothered to get into shape. Not impressed. PS: she's also not 6'3".

I agree with everything stated here about Joyner but seeing her play since she was 15 til now I can contest her height is legit. She seemed to regress under Aston I’m one who believes her best days are ahead of her in this league.

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I will give up after this but Yahoo has the percentage at 42.2% still meh but much better sounding than 38%

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

from the Texas site: https://stats.texassports.com/custompages/sports/w-baskbl/2019-2020/teamcume.htm

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:

Quote:

Her mocks are getting worse every time. Definitely don’t like this one for Minnesota.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen enough of Gillespie to have a legitimate idea about her.

- Amanda Gorman
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
from the Texas site: https://stats.texassports.com/custompages/sports/w-baskbl/2019-2020/teamcume.htm

I think that’s only conference play, it’s only 18 games played for the season.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

OK so your stats are in conference only the ones I am looking at include out of conference

Your stats bum me out more so I am going to stick with mine.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/16/20 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theday.com/sports-columns/20200415/mockularity-predicting-wnba-draft

Ned Griffen (The Day) Mock Draft
1. New York Liberty: Sabrina Ionescu
2. Dallas Wings: Satou Sabally
3. Indiana Fever: Lauren Cox
4. Atlanta Dream: Chennedy Carter
5. Dallas Wings: Tyasha Harris
6. Minnesota Lynx: Megan Walker
7. Dallas Wings: Bella Alaire
8. Chicago Sky: Crystal Dangerfield
9. New York Liberty: Beatrice Mompremier
10. Phoenix Mercury: Ruthy Hebard
11. Seattle Storm: Mikiah Herbert Harrigan
12. New York: Kiah Gillespie

mannman

PostPosted: 04/16/20 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://www.theday.com/sports-columns/20200415/mockularity-predicting-wnba-draft

Ned Griffen (The Day) Mock Draft
1. New York Liberty: Sabrina Ionescu
2. Dallas Wings: Satou Sabally
3. Indiana Fever: Lauren Cox
4. Atlanta Dream: Chennedy Carter
5. Dallas Wings: Tyasha Harris
6. Minnesota Lynx: Megan Walker
7. Dallas Wings: Bella Alaire
8. Chicago Sky: Crystal Dangerfield
9. New York Liberty: Beatrice Mompremier
10. Phoenix Mercury: Ruthy Hebard
11. Seattle Storm: Mikiah Herbert Harrigan
12. New York: Kiah Gillespie

I don't understand why the Liberty would draft Mompremier, if Hebard is still on the board.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/16/20 5:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the draft pick has been traded I will reintroduce my draft day proposal. The Sky will trade Lavender for the #9 pick of the 2020 draft.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Since the draft pick has been traded I will reintroduce my draft day proposal. The Sky will trade Lavender for the #9 pick of the 2020 draft.

Surprised

PostPosted: 04/16/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

NY just traded away Charles to get younger, and the #9 pick is probably the best asset they obtained. No way they trade it for Lavender who is the same age as Charles.

As for Laksa, I'm guessing that Voepel has Seattle reaching for her as a foreign deferral pick. Richyyy pointed out that the Storm can't afford both Magbegor and their pick. Otherwise, I don't see how Laksa would go in the 1st Round based on what she's done (or hasn't done) in the last two years.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
As for Laksa, I'm guessing that Voepel has Seattle reaching for her as a foreign deferral pick. Richyyy pointed out that the Storm can't afford both Magbegor and their pick. Otherwise, I don't see how Laksa would go in the 1st Round based on what she's done (or hasn't done) in the last two years.

That was my only plausible reasoning for why Laksa's jumped into the first round in multiple mocks. The thing is, it becomes less necessary if there's a decent chance that the 2020 season won't exist. Take the best player, and worry about the maths of fitting everyone together next year when calculations will be at least a little different.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

NY just traded away Charles to get younger, and the #9 pick is probably the best asset they obtained. No way they trade it for Lavender who is the same age as Charles.

The old saying goes that a guy will never kiss a pretty girl unless he asked her first. She might say yes. A closed mouth doesn't get fed. Smile

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mike Rose (Newsday)
https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/liberty/wnba-mock-draft-1.43459678

1. Liberty – Sabrina Ionescu
2. Dallas Wings – Lauren Cox
This is how I feel it should go, but I was swayed by that video where Sabally said she was in Dallas, so now it doesn’t seem as likely to happen.
3. Indiana Fever – Satou Sabally
4. Atlanta Dream – Megan Walker
There’s a chance of this happening since Collen seems to be one of those (should be rare) people who don’t consider Carter a PG candidate. Dream have enough SG’s but they’re a little thin at SF.
5. Dallas Wings – Ruthy Hebard
6. Minnesota Lynx – Chennedy Carter
I’m on board with this. Bring on those Sims trade scenarios.
7. Dallas Wings – Tyasha Harris
Seems a little high, but now that it’s their last first round pick and they seem to want a PG. They probably should just fortify that frontline with high picks, and grab a PG off waivers (Boyd)? Maybe Doyle could be available with their second round pick. Maybe even use Mabrey as a backup PG. Jefferson is the starter regardless of what they do.
8. Chicago Sky – Te’a Cooper
Goodbye Faulkner! Coincidence that Chicago drafted Jackson last year? It’s a little high for Cooper. I’d have CHI taking one of the posts available.
9. Liberty – Bella Alarie
The Sky messed up.
10. Phoenix Mercury – Beatrice Mompremier
Aren’t PHX full at the post? Griner, Vaughn, Breland, Turner, Smith. Seems full to me. How about a backup PG?
11. Seattle Storm – Kiah Gillespie
Pretty sure I calculated it out that SEA would have to trade a higher buck player or have someone go on suspension for them to be able to roster their draft pick. Of course, Prince is no guarantee to make the roster. SEA should probably go guard with this pick.
12. Liberty – Joyner Holmes
Wouldn’t be my choice.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
root_thing wrote:

That was my only plausible reasoning for why Laksa's jumped into the first round in multiple mocks. The thing is, it becomes less necessary if there's a decent chance that the 2020 season won't exist. Take the best player, and worry about the maths of fitting everyone together next year when calculations will be at least a little different.

I have a question about this. What happened to the view on Laksa? If I remember correctly, last year she was seen as a first round pick before her injury. Is it just concerned that she hasn't healed well?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I have a question about this. What happened to the view on Laksa? If I remember correctly, last year she was seen as a first round pick before her injury. Is it just concerned that she hasn't healed well?

I never saw much of her in college, but the player I've seen over here a few times just hasn't looked like anything special. I could see taking her somewhere, but first round seems like a reach.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
still haven't heard a good reason why Minny wouldn't take Harris if she were available at that pick. I think Dallas needs to take her at #5 if they really want her.

I'd pick one of the post players myself if I were Minny. Posts are more likely to develop into stars than guards, and guards in general are more plentiful. This year's PGs other than Ionescu & Carter, while solid, don't seem like Top-6 material - though that of course is debatable. I think Shades at least is open to trying Banham or Brown at PG (Brown at least has collegiate PG experience) assuming Sims can't play. Or he's hoping that the Lynx wait 'til the #16 to pick a PG, of which there will almost certainly be more to choose from then F/C's. After PG, the Lynx could use the back-up post competition, particularly if Shepard still isn't healthy and Fagbenle doesn't show up (she still isn't signed, as far as we know). Otherwise after Fowles and Dantas, it's only Kayla Alexander and maybe Collier if she plays more of her minutes at PF than SF (I like Collier at SF better myself). Also, next year's draft is projected to have fewer post players to choose from. So, that's what I would say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 56 of 59

Jump to: