RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/03/20 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Banham was a bust as a PG with Connecticut. Even when Clarendon got injured, Courtney Williams handled PG for a few minutes a game.

Banham was a bust in general at CT. No real reason to expect different in Minnesota.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/03/20 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Banham was a bust as a PG with Connecticut. Even when Clarendon got injured, Courtney Williams handled PG for a few minutes a game.

Banham was a bust in general at CT. No real reason to expect different in Minnesota.

I just a but foolish to think she'll start over Brown.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/03/20 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
My wish list in no articular order for the Mystics in the 1st round of the 2020 WNBA Draft at #12

Beatrice Mompremier
Tyasha Harris
Bella Alarie
Crystal Dangerfield

It’s a wide-open draft, so any of those players could definitely slip to #12 but it’s also realistically possible that none of them do. I will once again pretend I’m Jocelyn Willoughby’s agent.Wink She is an under-the-radar Thibault-type pick. Willoughby led all P5 seniors in scoring at 19.2 ppg while shooting an efficiently .451/.416/.870. That’s not easy to do when you’re the #1 option on a bad team and opposing coaches can game-plan to stop you. Willoughby looks like a legitimate 6-0 with a sturdy pro body. She appears quick enough, and Jocelyn plays with high energy without fouling. Virginia (Charlottesville) is close enough to DC (117 mi) so that Thibault could have had multiple looks at Willoughby if he were interested.

PostPosted: 04/03/20 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

It’s not like Tyasha Harris or Dangerfield is going to come in as a rookie and be any better. Most likely they’ll be pretty bad, especially in Reeve’s eyes. She doesn’t have the patience for rookie PG’s.

Reeve is setting the team up to have ball handlers in every position, except center. Dantas and Shepard are very good facilitators. Collier is okay. Johnson used to facilitate at Miami. This takes a lot of the pressure off the PG to do all the facilitating.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/03/20 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
My wish list in no articular order for the Mystics in the 1st round of the 2020 WNBA Draft at #12

Beatrice Mompremier
Tyasha Harris
Bella Alarie
Crystal Dangerfield

Those are all a little too obvious for Thibault to pick.

It’s tougher this year because there will be no draft invites. I’ll have to double check on this, but Thibault rarely ever picks a draft invite.... not for a while anyway. He did have a lottery pick in 2013 and chose Tayler Hill, who was invited to the draft.

Thibault is familiar with Bella. Bella is a local player, father Mark played for the Bullets/Wizards, Bella and Mark have been to a few Mystics practices over the years. There's no telling how many more years Emma is going to play in the WNBA, Bella could be tutor by Elena and Emma.

LaToya Sanders is a free agent in 2021 if there's a 2020 season, I could see Thibault drafting Beatrice Mompremier because of LaToya's age and the cost to retain her.

Also, I could see Thibault drafting Tyasha Harris or Crystal Dangerfield for security behind Cloud and Mitchell.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/03/20 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Beatrice Mompremier
Tyasha Harris
Bella Alarie
Crystal Dangerfield

It’s a wide-open draft, so any of those players could definitely slip to #12 but it’s also realistically possible that none of them do. I will once again pretend I’m Jocelyn Willoughby’s agent.Wink She is an under-the-radar Thibault-type pick. Willoughby led all P5 seniors in scoring at 19.2 ppg while shooting an efficiently .451/.416/.870. That’s not easy to do when you’re the #1 option on a bad team and opposing coaches can game-plan to stop you. Willoughby looks like a legitimate 6-0 with a sturdy pro body. She appears quick enough, and Jocelyn plays with high energy without fouling. Virginia (Charlottesville) is close enough to DC (117 mi) so that Thibault could have had multiple looks at Willoughby if he were interested.

I wouldn't put it pass Thibault drafting Jocelyn Willoughby because of the Tina Thompson factor. Thibault said Tina Thompson (once was the Ass't Coach at Texas now UVA's Head Coach) recommended the drafting of Ariel Atkins.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/03/20 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

It’s not like Tyasha Harris or Dangerfield is going to come in as a rookie and be any better. Most likely they’ll be pretty bad, especially in Reeve’s eyes. She doesn’t have the patience for rookie PG’s.

Reeve is setting the team up to have ball handlers in every position, except center. Dantas and Shepard are very good facilitators. Collier is okay. Johnson used to facilitate at Miami. This takes a lot of the pressure off the PG to do all the facilitating.

If Banham plays like she did in 2018, she should be more than fine. All the metrics were good that year. Last year, she regressed, but this will be her age 27 season, so there's reason for optimism.

PostPosted: 04/03/20 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lEX1yTVpRGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/04/20 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno’s thoughts on Walker’s departure
https://www.theuconnblog.com/2020/4/3/21206972/uconn-huskies-womens-basketball-players-in-transfer-portal-geno-auriemma-on-megan-walker-wnba-draft

Quote:

To this point, Auriemma has mostly remained silent on Megan Walker’s unexpected decision to declare for the WNBA Draft and forgo her final year at UConn aside from a short quote in the press release. However, he finally addressed it with Lobo in more detail, though he didn’t get into any specifics.

“I think any time somebody goes to the WNBA, I don’t care if they’re a senior or not a senior, my first question to them is do you know what you’re getting yourself into? Do you realize this is a whole ‘nother world you’re stepping into?” he said.

While he didn’t hit on the reasons for her departure or his reaction to the news, Auriemma sounded a positive note about Walker’s chances of making it in the league.

“Do I think she’s going to be really, really good there? Yeah. If she gets on the right team, yeah. If she gets on the wrong team, it’s going to be a real big adjustment for Megan. But if she gets on the right team, I think she’s going to be okay,” he said. “One more year of college? Yeah, for some kids that’s exactly what they need. Some kids are like ‘Nah, I’m done. I don’t need this anymore.’ So when it’s time to go, it’s time to go.”

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/05/20 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Drafting defense over offense in the lottery has never worked

The Fever really messed up drafting Catchings.

And McCowan.

And Nurse.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/05/20 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
And Nurse.

She was a lottery pick?

PostPosted: 04/05/20 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
And Nurse.

She was a lottery pick?

No, but Kelsey Mitchell was. Nurse dropped to #10 for NY.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/06/20 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One day left for any more early entries. Tomorrow's the deadline, does anyone else enter early? Guirantes, Natasha Mack, Chelsea Dungee?

toad455

PostPosted: 04/06/20 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

April 17 to be WNBA night on ESPN.

https://www.espnfrontrow.com/2020/04/we-are-focused-on-working-hard-day-to-day-to-bring-fans-the-very-best-sports-content-available-in-these-unprecedented-times/

Quote:
Another example is Friday, April 17 when we will present an entire night of WNBA — highlighted by the live “virtual” WNBA Draft, and followed by an encore presentation of the clinching Game 5 from last year’s WNBA Finals.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/06/20 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eleven players have been included in almost every mock draft I've seen: Ionescu, Sabally, Cox, Carter, Walker, Hebard, Mompremier, Alarie, Harris, Cooper, and Dangerfield. The 12th has mostly been Gillespie with Pivec also showing up often. Guirantes went unmentioned all season then suddenly appeared in three mock drafts over the space of like 10 days. Twice she was actually shown in the 1st Round, and once as an "other possibilities". Where did this drumbeat for Guirantes come from? Did three writers independently draw this conclusion or is there a scout out there telling everybody Arella is a hot prospect? Or maybe the entire scouting community likes her and this is one of those pro scouts vs basement dweller stories. Razz

PostPosted: 04/06/20 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megdal's latest mock draft was the first to list Guirantes. He said(via Twitter) he had a source that stated she was likely to enter.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/06/20 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Megdal's latest mock draft was the first to list Guirantes. He said(via Twitter) he had a source that stated she was likely to enter.

Megdal sources haven’t been the greatest, if you remember the Ionescu early declaring bungle of his. He was also insisting that Cambage would only go to the Sparks. I’m sure there’s more.

Of course if he ever did get a good tip, players can change their minds, especially in this environment.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/06/20 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, before Megdal there was a writer who covers the Chicago Sky. After Megdal, the NY Post had her listed as an alternative pick.

PostPosted: 04/06/20 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
WNBA Mock Draft 2020: Sabrina Ionescu goes No. 1 to Liberty; things get interesting after lottery picks

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/wnba-mock-draft-2020-sabrina-ionescu-goes-no-1-to-liberty-things-get-interesting-after-lottery-picks/

Quote:
There might not be a more perfect match in this whole draft than Harris and the Lynx.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/06/20 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:
WNBA Mock Draft 2020: Sabrina Ionescu goes No. 1 to Liberty; things get interesting after lottery picks

https://www.cbssports.com/wnba/news/wnba-mock-draft-2020-sabrina-ionescu-goes-no-1-to-liberty-things-get-interesting-after-lottery-picks/

Quote:
There might not be a more perfect match in this whole draft than Harris and the Lynx.

Why would Dallas need Sabally, Walker & Alarie?

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/06/20 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can see Mike Thibault trading the #12 Pick in the 2020 1st rd and a player or future Draft Pick to move up in the Draft.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/06/20 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

To become a better basketball team? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/06/20 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nancy Lieberman Award
Sabrina Ionescu

Anne Meyers-Drysdale Award
Aari McDonald

Cheryl Miller Award
Satou Sabally

Katrina McClain Award
Ruthy Hebard

Lisa Leslie Award
Aliyah Boston

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/06/20 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nancy Lieberman Award
Sabrina Ionescu

Anne Meyers-Drysdale Award
Aari McDonald

Cheryl Miller Award
Satou Sabally

Katrina McClain Award
Ruthy Hebard

Lisa Leslie Award
Aliyah Boston

Ionescu played more SG than PG
McDonald played more PG than SG
Sabally played more PF than SF
Hebard played more C than PF

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/06/20 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Because the name of the team is the Dallas WINGS. Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 49 of 59

Jump to: