View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/01/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
Cuz it’s April, mock draft:
*not an April fools joke so don’t laugh too hard lol

1. New York- Sabrina Ionescu G 5’11
Franchise changing talent, amazing playmaker, welcome to the big apple.
2. Dallas- Satou Sabally F 6’4
Super talented forward, can beat 4s (and 3s) with her quickness, and big height advantage over 3s (and some 4s).
3. Indiana- Lauren Cox F/C 6’4
Great defensive player, good passer, inside-out game with range should pair well with McCowan.
4. Atlanta- Chennedy Carter G 5’7
Dynamic, explosive scorer who can get her own shots with the ability to create for others with the defensive attention she draws. Better shooting version of Courtney Williams, and the Dream have another great 2 guard in Hayes. But because of her ballhandling and 1on1 game I give her the slight edge over my next pick.
5. Dallas- Megan Walker F 6’1
I think I’m in the minority, but I think she is ready for the W and the Wings are fortunate to stockpile talent. She scores a lot, efficiently, from deep, cuts to the basket, takes contact and 1, curls and pull up jumpers. She can also find the open teammate, rebound well, get you some steals and occasional block. Unfortunate for her to go to Dallas (Sabally, Thornton, Gray, Samuelson, Ogunbowale).
6. Minnesota- Ruthy Hebard C/F 6’4
I realize Sims is out for a bit, but I like Ruthy over Tyasha and Crystal. Lynx get an amazingly efficient finisher in the paint, who rebounds well, is strong with a big body. While not taking them often she has a nice midrange jumper I’ve seen on rare occasions, maybe play some 4 too.
7. Dallas- Beatrice Mompremier F/C 6’4
Physically gifted, working on expanding her range. Efficient FG%, great rebounder. Wings go with potential and get a solid point guard regardless with their next pick.
8. Chicago- Tyasha Harris G 5’10
Good passing ability, nice height, plays the passing lanes, good A:TO, calming presence for your floor general. Gets to learn from Vandersloot, and maybe play alongside her in the future if she keeps working on the jumper.
9. Dallas- Crystal Dangerfield G 5’5
After picking two forwards and a post, Wings get a point. Plays the passing lane well, love her jumpshot, and she can get assists. Good backup with imo potential to be a starter.
10. Phoenix- T’ea CooperG 5’8
Mercury get a talented guard who can shoot the ball, score in a variety of ways as well as make plays for others. She also plays the passing lane well.
11. Seattle- Mikayla Pivec G 5’10
Maybe my biggest ‘reach’. I really like her physicality, she’s got a great nose for the ball. Her rebounding is amazing, she can pass and take a lot of contact and finish in the paint in traffic. If she can work on that outside shot to become more of a threat, she could have gone higher. Not sure Magbegors plans but this is a tough place to be drafted this year.
12. Washington- Bella Alarie F 6’4
Talented and versatile scorer, inside out threat. Blocks shots and rebounds well, solid athlete, fairly fluid for a big. I was higher on her when the season started and wouldn’t mind if she slipped to 13.
13. New York- Kiah Gillespie F 6’2
She’s a good scorer inside, and has expanded the range past the 3pt line (not efficient though). Good rebounder. Could challenge Gray for her spot if that shot falls in training camp.

This actually wasn't that bad , im sure certain Minnesota fans may have something to say about the pick at 6 though . I like our picks *Dallas* , im still not 100% convinced of Sabally over Cox yet ....almost , but just not yet (DFwdub) Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool

Everyone loves Sabally because she is very mobile and more polished offensive player over Cox. Everyone loves a great player that can shoot the ball. If your team needs some offensive firepower then Sabally is THE pick. BUT, if you want some defensive grit on your squad then Dallas should go for Cox.

PostPosted: 04/01/20 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drafting defense over offense in the lottery has never worked

PostPosted: 04/01/20 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally is a much more versatile defender than people give her credit for. She is capable of playing defense in the paint as well. At Oregon, she basically played perimeter defense guarding, wings and guards. She really reminds me of Parker who was an outstanding defender when she wanted to be. A combination of quickness and length combines the two qualities most important for a good defender and she possesses both.

PostPosted: 04/01/20 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I really like Ruthy Hebard, and I know Lynx need a guard, but It'd be hard to pass her up. Lynx are going to have options next year for guards so if they have to use someone short term for a year, I'm okay with that.

Welcome aboard, adam. Hebard appeals to me, and I don’t think Fowles had much fun playing against her.

Alarie might be riskier but with a higher ceiling.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/01/20 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

The Fever really messed up drafting Catchings.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I really like Ruthy Hebard, and I know Lynx need a guard, but It'd be hard to pass her up. Lynx are going to have options next year for guards so if they have to use someone short term for a year, I'm okay with that.

There are solid guards in next years draft, so I can see them going with the super solid Hebard and rolling the dice with Lexie and Banham (both of whom I like and would be rooting for to success at the point) until Sims returns.

WNBA 09 wrote:
This actually wasn't that bad , im sure certain Minnesota fans may have something to say about the pick at 6 though . I like our picks *Dallas* , im still not 100% convinced of Sabally over Cox yet ....almost , but just not yet (DFwdub) Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool

Thanks Very Happy I’m not sure if Sabally can be quite the defender Cox can be, on the interior, but I do think her defense is solid and the athleticism will help. She made Collier and Nneka look slow when they played.

Rock Hard wrote:
Everyone loves Sabally because she is very mobile and more polished offensive player over Cox. Everyone loves a great player that can shoot the ball. If your team needs some offensive firepower then Sabally is THE pick. BUT, if you want some defensive grit on your squad then Dallas should go for Cox.

I think Satou is much better offensively than Cox, while not trailing too far behind defensively. She’s not gonna defend the post as well, but she is a more versatile inside out defender.
I had been really hopeful Lauren would up her scoring this season. I don’t think she’s bad, I just wanted her to assert herself and be the go to scorer. That would have made it harder to pass on her at #2.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/02/20 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do not have an issue if Dallas drafts Sabally over Cox. My wish is that Cox will drop all the way down to number eight. But that is just wishful thinking because it will never happen. Smile

PostPosted: 04/02/20 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

And McCowan.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

And McCowan.

Same for DC drafting Beard at #2 over the likes of Whalen & Powell...

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

And McCowan.

Too early to tell about McCowan.

Beard and Catchings were both great offensive players in college. Cox isn't in the same ballpark.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2020 WBCA NCAA Division I Coaches’ All-Americans
Chennedy Carter Texas A&M
Lauren Cox Baylor
Kathleen Doyle Iowa
Dana Evans Louisville
Tyasha Harris South Carolina
Ruthy Hebard Oregon
Sabrina Ionescu Oregon
Aari McDonald Arizona
Satou Sabally Oregon
Megan Walker Connecticut

Every player on the list is either a senior or draft eligible.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kathleen Doyle keeps showing up on these lists but barely mentioned as a pro prospect. Is she just one of those players who no one thinks will translate to the WNBA game?

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Kathleen Doyle keeps showing up on these lists but barely mentioned as a pro prospect. Is she just one of those players who no one thinks will translate to the WNBA game?

There's a multitude of PGs in this draft and she'll likely be a late second round pick. Having seen her in person, she showed nothing that looked like a WNBA-level PG.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/02/20 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

The lack of a 3-point shot should be a real problem. She won't have the size or athleticism to score inside and she doesn't - at least now - have the ability to score outside.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/02/20 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

And McCowan.

Too early to tell about McCowan.

Beard and Catchings were both great offensive players in college. Cox isn't in the same ballpark.

Hey, Cox! Eight ball in the corner pocket.

PostPosted: 04/02/20 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love that Kaila Charles is not getting attention. She'd be perfect for the Mystics at 12.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 04/02/20 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
Love that Kaila Charles is not getting attention. She'd be perfect for the Mystics at 12.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

Charles ain't going in the first round.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 04/02/20 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
2020 WBCA NCAA Division I Coaches’ All-Americans
Chennedy Carter Texas A&M
Lauren Cox Baylor
Kathleen Doyle Iowa
Dana Evans Louisville
Tyasha Harris South Carolina
Ruthy Hebard Oregon
Sabrina Ionescu Oregon
Aari McDonald Arizona
Satou Sabally Oregon
Megan Walker Connecticut

Every player on the list is either a senior or draft eligible.

https://www.swishappeal.com/platform/amp/ncaa/2020/4/2/21204319/ncaaw-pac-12-sabrina-ionescu-wade-trophy-ruthy-hebard-satou-sabally-chennedy-carter-lauren-cox

Quote:
Ionescu was named the AP Player of the Year on March 23, joining former UConn Huskies star Breanna Stewart as the only other player to win the award unanimously. On Thursday, the Oregon star became the sixth player to win the Wade Trophy twice, after Stewart, Nancy Lieberman, Seimone Augustus, Brittney Griner and Maya Moore, who won the award three times.

Nice lists to be on for Sabrina Ionescu.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/02/20 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Destiny Slocum enters the transfer portal as a grad transfer. That implies she’s not declaring for the draft.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28988730/oregon-state-destiny-slocum-enters-transfer-portal

toad455

PostPosted: 04/02/20 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Destiny Slocum enters the transfer portal as a grad transfer. That implies she’s not declaring for the draft.
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28988730/oregon-state-destiny-slocum-enters-transfer-portal

Maryland, then Oregon State, then ??? Doesn't look good for her.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/02/20 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Maryland, then Oregon State, then ??? Doesn't look good for her.

What if South Carolina, Baylor, or Oregon wants her?

They all have point guard spots opening up.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/03/20 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My wish list in no articular order for the Mystics in the 1st round of the 2020 WNBA Draft at #12

Beatrice Mompremier
Tyasha Harris
Bella Alarie
Crystal Dangerfield

Shades

PostPosted: 04/03/20 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
My wish list in no articular order for the Mystics in the 1st round of the 2020 WNBA Draft at #12

Beatrice Mompremier
Tyasha Harris
Bella Alarie
Crystal Dangerfield

Those are all a little too obvious for Thibault to pick.

It’s tougher this year because there will be no draft invites. I’ll have to double check on this, but Thibault rarely ever picks a draft invite.... not for a while anyway. He did have a lottery pick in 2013 and chose Tayler Hill, who was invited to the draft.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/03/20 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was relieved listening to a recent Reeve podcast. Hopefully she wasn’t putting out a snow job to fool everyone. She sees Banham and Brown as her PG’s, and she’ll be picking best player available in the draft. That goes against the notion of drafting a lower tier PG at #6.

Banham/Brown
Johnson/Zandalasini/Talbot
Collier/Christmas-Kelly
Dantas/Shepard/#6
Fowles/[Fagbenle(unsigned) vs Alexander vs #16]

toad455

PostPosted: 04/03/20 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Banham was a bust as a PG with Connecticut. Even when Clarendon got injured, Courtney Williams handled PG for a few minutes a game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 48 of 59

Jump to: