RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mike Pence: He (Buttigieg) Knows Better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/11/19 9:56 am    ::: Mike Pence: He (Buttigieg) Knows Better Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday that Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg "knows better" days after the South Bend, Indiana, mayor made waves by critiquing Pence's record on LGBT equality.

"He said some things that are critical of my Christian faith and about me personally. And he knows better. He knows me," said Pence, who served as governor of Indiana when Buttigieg came out as gay during his reelection campaign for mayor.

Quote:
"I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand, that if you have a problem with who I am, your quarrel is not with me," Buttigieg said. "Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mike-pence-facing-criticism-from-pete-buttigieg-over-his-record-on-gay-rights-says-mayor-knows-better/ar-BBVOOFA?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/14/19 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pence is a fuckwad and PB might be our next POTUS.

PostPosted: 04/14/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a friend who went to the "announcement" even in South Bend....said it was awesome. I love me some PETE!! Cool

PostPosted: 04/14/19 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I have a friend who went to the "announcement" even in South Bend....said it was awesome. I love me some PETE!! Cool

Lucky friend!

I had to work today, so was unable to go. Just watching the news and they said that there were people there from MI, Chicago and Louisville. The weather was about as crappy as could be. There was cold, wind, rain, sleet, and some snow.

They said that 4,500 people made it inside the building, which was an old Studebaker factory. There were 1,500 people that didn't make it inside.

They also showed him doing an interview in Spanish in the rope-line.

Quote:
“Our conservative friends care about freedom, but they only make it part of the way," said Buttigieg. "They only see freedom from. Freedom from taxes, freedom from regulations, as though government were the only thing that can make somebody 'unfree.’ "

"The idea that security and patriotism belongs to one political party needs to end today. There's a lot more to safety and security than putting up a wall from sea to shining sea."

https://wsbt.com/news/local/buttigiegs-presidential-campaign-announcement-expected-this-afternoon

He stopped outside and spoke first to the people standing in the rain.

Quote:
"I am impressed by the people standing inside," he said before moving indoors. "I am moved by the people standing outside."

https://www.wndu.com/content/news/Buttigieg-formally-announces-candidacy-for-president-508564451.html

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/15/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saw it on FB, and i've seen him a few times on TV.

I like what I've seen to date. He articulates a positive vibe and can eviscerate the assholes. He's my early early choice.

If he kisses his husband in public, though, I fear he's all done. Sad

PostPosted: 04/15/19 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

I like what I've seen to date. He articulates a positive vibe and can eviscerate the assholes. He's my early early choice.

I saw him do that at yesterday's event. FAR less disgusting than Trump kissing Melania....of course, to her credit, she also resists it more.

Nah, the m2m kiss is passe now. Only Trump's devout core will get their knickers in a twist about it, and they're a waste anyway.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I saw him do that at yesterday's event. FAR less disgusting than Trump kissing Melania....of course, to her credit, she also resists it more.

Nah, the m2m kiss is passe now. Only Trump's devout core will get their knickers in a twist about it, and they're a waste anyway.

Did they full-on lip kiss? I saw a hug at the end, with maybe a french-greeting type kiss.

It would be nice if the stigma of the man kiss is gone, but it isn't. There's still too much space between hating the scumbag Trump and acceptance of men kissing, imo.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Did they full-on lip kiss? I saw a hug at the end, with maybe a french-greeting type kiss.

Here's a pic.... Just your average, "Honey, I'm so proud of you!" kiss.
cthskzfn wrote:
It would be nice if the stigma of the man kiss is gone, but it isn't. There's still too much space between hating the scumbag Trump and acceptance of men kissing, imo.

You'd be surprised....now, *kissing* and other PDAs are one thing, but in my experience here in rural Lancaster County, average, ordinary conservative white folks have been very accepting of my husband and myself for years and years. The guys at the gym know we're a couple, and don't run screaming out of the showers; they even come over for a beer. Folks at church congratulated us on our 25th anniversary, and are always congenial....even the OLD, provincial ones.

Obviously, that's not ALL of America, but it represents a fundamental shift from the Old Norms and Values, in a most positive way.

Times are a-changin'! Cool

PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Here's a pic.... Just your average, "Honey, I'm so proud of you!" kiss.
cthskzfn wrote:

You'd be surprised....now, *kissing* and other PDAs are one thing, but in my experience here in rural Lancaster County, average, ordinary conservative white folks have been very accepting of my husband and myself for years and years. The guys at the gym know we're a couple, and don't run screaming out of the showers; they even come over for a beer. Folks at church congratulated us on our 25th anniversary, and are always congenial....even the OLD, provincial ones.

Obviously, that's not ALL of America, but it represents a fundamental shift from the Old Norms and Values, in a most positive way.

Times are a-changin'! Cool

Yeah, the little cheek peck.

Times are changing, but have we reached the point at which that bizarro Al and Tipper slobberfest is acceptable? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/15/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Times are changing, but have we reached the point at which that bizarro Al and Tipper slobberfest is acceptable? Laughing

Was anyone surprised when they split up? Over-compensation at its most blatant.

PostPosted: 04/15/19 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Was anyone surprised when they split up? Over-compensation at its most blatant.

Indeed. Al Gore has set off many a Gay-dar, pinging away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: