RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ACC-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/04/20 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Notre Dame's loss means they'll be the 5th team ever to play in the national championship game one year then miss the tournament the next. The last was Louisville, who missed in 2010 after being carried on Angel wings to the 2009 final.

Ummmmmmm-can I ask where Artbest is hiding? Because if ANY OTHER team had the season that ND had, we would NEVVVVVVVVVVVER hear the end of it. That horse would've been beaten more than Debbie and Sweet 16 to Vegas.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/04/20 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Notre Dame's loss means they'll be the 5th team ever to play in the national championship game one year then miss the tournament the next. The last was Louisville, who missed in 2010 after being carried on Angel wings to the 2009 final.

Well, at least Muff has the consolation of knowing she DID win the NC before the last attempt. Cool

PostPosted: 03/05/20 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I swear they put some teams in for sentimental reasons, which could include Notre Dame and Tennessee. I don't approve, but who knows how committee minds work? ~~SMDH~~

PostPosted: 03/05/20 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
pilight wrote:

I swear they put some teams in for sentimental reasons, which could include Notre Dame and Tennessee. I don't approve, but who knows how committee minds work? ~~SMDH~~

There are rules against selecting teams with losing records as at-large entries

PostPosted: 03/25/20 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

crispyten wrote:
Well, looks like when Georgia Tech should have been moving to the top of the ACC next season, they are likely to be at the bottom. They will have good players left if no one else leaves, but you don't lose your four best and expect to win many games in the ACC. Looks like Pan and Fletcher are leaving too. Fortner is not a miracle worker.

Elizabeth Balogun, 2018-19 ACC Freshman of the Year;
Elizabeth Dixon, 2018-19 All-ACC Freshman Team;
Francesca Pan, 2016-17 ACC Freshman of the Year;
Kierra Fletcher, 2017-18 All-ACC Freshman Team.

Balogun and Dixon were McDonald's All-American.
Pan and Fletcher were named to the ACC All-Academic Team the same day (I think) that MaChelle Joseph was put on suspension.

I was so looking forward to next season. I'll still buy season tickets, but . . . . Sad

Nell did an incredible job after all. Plus Tech has great talent on the way.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/20 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:
crispyten wrote:
Well, looks like when Georgia Tech should have been moving to the top of the ACC next season, they are likely to be at the bottom. They will have good players left if no one else leaves, but you don't lose your four best and expect to win many games in the ACC. Looks like Pan and Fletcher are leaving too. Fortner is not a miracle worker.

Pan and Fletcher were named to the ACC All-Academic Team the same day (I think) that MaChelle Joseph was put on suspension.

I was so looking forward to next season. I'll still buy season tickets, but . . . . Sad

If they'd waited on Nell's hiring, who knows what she might have done with them. Or at least waited to meet her and see how they got along. But this happens so often. It happened to Nikki McCray at ODU her first season and she had to really scramble to put a team together, but she did a creditable job and has done well since. So will Nell. I have great faith in her. She's a fine coach.

PostPosted: 03/26/20 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:
crispyten wrote:

Well, Pan and Fletcher stayed, so it wasn't as bad as I had feared. Pan is graduating, but you are right, the incoming class looks impressive. I'm hoping for a good 20-21 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: