RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

UConn 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SDHoops



Joined: 09 Nov 2007
Posts: 839



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I know is Evina better get the transfer waiver like Jess Shepard did..or I'll personally pay a visit to the NCAA myself and chew some ass. Got damn hypocrites smh Evil or Very Mad


ThreeBall25



Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 2737



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well after Coombs announced her departure things weren't looking great, but maybe she saw the writing on the wall.

I will gladly take Westbrook, the grad transfer, the two frosh, and whatever Camara can contribute as long as it keeps Irwin and Bent buried on the bench where they belong. A few weeks ago they were they were shaping up to be the bench Shocked


acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 683



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/19 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me this off season was going to tell me if Geno still had the ole fire in the belly. Was he hungry enough to go against his in grained ways? After missing most of the class of 2019 he had to if he wanted to field a competitive top team next year.

Well, the question has been answered! He is a changing his ways! He has upgraded the roster in the spring and taken some risks to do so!

I am happy! A CD-CW-MW-ONO-EW starting lineup can compete with anyone. The bench has been improved with the Murray State transfer and the Polish guard and now Aubrey can be brought off the bench as a frosh. And most importantly Kyla and Good Golly Miss Molly can stay on the bench.

And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11885
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2257



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink


She announced on social media she's transferring to Connecticut yesterday. It's a news story on ESPN, too.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11675
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink




I guess I was a bit too cryptic for you. 1000 pardons. Smile


PostPosted: 05/10/19 8:39 pm ::: Reply Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

YES!

Now if we can forge MM's name on the waiver app....



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3679



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
All I know is Evina better get the transfer waiver like Jess Shepard did..or I'll personally pay a visit to the NCAA myself and chew some ass. Got damn hypocrites smh Evil or Very Mad


I think with the coaching change, Evina will get a waiver, but it is anything but a slam dunk. A major reason that Jessica Shepard received a waiver is because Nebraska gave her its blessing. If Tennessee is feeling vindictive, then Evina may not get her waiver. And Tennessee and UConn don't have the warmest history.


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1468
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink


Might wanna go wash that egg off your face......


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11675
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
All I know is Evina better get the transfer waiver like Jess Shepard did..or I'll personally pay a visit to the NCAA myself and chew some ass. Got damn hypocrites smh Evil or Very Mad


I think with the coaching change, Evina will get a waiver, but it is anything but a slam dunk. A major reason that Jessica Shepard received a waiver is because Nebraska gave her its blessing. If Tennessee is feeling vindictive, then Evina may not get her waiver. And Tennessee and UConn don't have the warmest history.



AND, it's cool that it's Harper! Does she want to "move forward", or does she want to party like it's 1999?



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9572



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As always, Westbrook's eligibility depends on how much money she has ...

I'm guessing that she lawyers up, and can play from day one.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11885
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink


Might wanna go wash that egg off your face......


I'll wash some 'egg' as soon as I hear a UConn fan say she oughtta get the waiver not matter WHERE she went. Wink



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5358
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
To me this off season was going to tell me if Geno still had the ole fire in the belly. Was he hungry enough to go against his in grained ways? After missing most of the class of 2019 he had to if he wanted to field a competitive top team next year.

Well, the question has been answered! He is a changing his ways! He has upgraded the roster in the spring and taken some risks to do so!

I am happy! A CD-CW-MW-ONO-EW starting lineup can compete with anyone. The bench has been improved with the Murray State transfer and the Polish guard and now Aubrey can be brought off the bench as a frosh. And most importantly Kyla and Good Golly Miss Molly can stay on the bench.

And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


1. Enjoy her. She's very good, but she has an attitude and discipline problem. Hopefully Geno can improve those things.
2. Quit whining. Go out and buy her a good lawyer who can get her that waiver.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2158
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:

And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Why? UCLA has had 3 transfers in the past 3 years and none of them have received waivers. I can't think of a single transfer into my school who received a waiver. Why should it be presumed that EW should get one? Or should I go ahead and assume that there is a vendetta against my school?




Last edited by patsweetpat on 05/11/19 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11675
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink


Might wanna go wash that egg off your face......


I'll wash some 'egg' as soon as I hear a UConn fan say she oughtta get the waiver not matter WHERE she went. Wink


duck egg hard to remove.
Laughing



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11885
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Umm....she hasn't committed to any place YET, has she? Shocked And what if she goes to SC or MS-state....should she get a waiver then? Wink


Might wanna go wash that egg off your face......


I'll wash some 'egg' as soon as I hear a UConn fan say she oughtta get the waiver no matter WHERE she went. Wink


duck egg hard to remove. Laughing


....but the most DELICIOUS!! Wink



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!


Last edited by Howee on 05/11/19 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 683



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't post there so I ask it here. Can someone tell me why some of the seasoned citizens on the Boner are OBSESSING over adding a post player for next year? ANNA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVELYN COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVINA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player."

?????????

FACTS:

1. There are very few great post players in wimin's basketball. Baylor and ND were rarities having 2 in the starting lineup last year.

2. Most of the elite post players are off to the WNBA this year. Kalani, Shepard, Turner, and McGowan. Most of the other top teams for 2020 strength is with their guards (Oregon), not big physical elite posts.

3. UConn played last year with a severely undersized frontcourt of Collier and Walker and still were in a position to make it to the title game.

4. The increased playing time for ONO will make UConn bigger than last year. Not to mention the additions of Evelyn, Aubrey, and some big guards like Anna and Evina.

Why are they so hung up on this one thing? Battered wife syndrome? Seems we have enough size?


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5445
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evina "the Elevator" Westbrook. With a few words and actions, she has elevated both the Tennessee coaching staff and the UConn roster.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11675
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Why? UCLA has had 3 transfers in the past 3 years and none of them have received waivers. I can't think of a single transfer into my school who received a waiver. Why should it be presumed that EW should get one? Or should I go ahead and assume that there is a vendetta against my school?


Little, if anything, to do with Tenn, I'd say, and more to do with Jessica Shepherd and Notre Dame. Just a guess.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 683



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

And if EW is denied a waiver there should be a riot. It would show there is a vendetta against the school.


Why? UCLA has had 3 transfers in the past 3 years and none of them have received waivers. I can't think of a single transfer into my school who received a waiver. Why should it be presumed that EW should get one? Or should I go ahead and assume that there is a vendetta against my school?


Were any of those transfer going to play a big role where it was worth applying for the waiver? Were they gonna get PT over the Jordin Canada class that led them to the Elite 8?

Maybe Cori was too busy working on her dance moves to apply?


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 11675
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
I can't post there so I ask it here. Can someone tell me why some of the seasoned citizens on the Boner are OBSESSING over adding a post player for next year? ANNA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVELYN COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVINA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player."

?????????

FACTS:

1. There are very few great post players in wimin's basketball. Baylor and ND were rarities having 2 in the starting lineup last year.

2. Most of the elite post players are off to the WNBA this year. Kalani, Shepard, Turner, and McGowan. Most of the other top teams for 2020 strength is with their guards (Oregon), not big physical elite posts.

3. UConn played last year with a severely undersized frontcourt of Collier and Walker and still were in a position to make it to the title game.

4. The increased playing time for ONO will make UConn bigger than last year. Not to mention the additions of Evelyn, Aubrey, and some big guards like Anna and Evina.

Why are they so hung up on this one thing? Battered wife syndrome? Seems we have enough size?


What?!? YOU'RE happy now?? Because it looks like the Return to 2005 has been avoided w/ these additions?

How many non-DT NCs does Geno have w/o a serious post presence/rebounding?

In the immortal words of the great Brenton Wood- Just gimme some kind of size, girl.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4550



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Difference is I think Shepard wanted to play for Connie Yori, so her firing was negative.

Evina Westbrook was as close as you could get for a player to publicly ask for their coach to be fired. She got what she wanted, so now its a hardship and she should be immediately eligible at UConn? Nope.


acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 683



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
I can't post there so I ask it here. Can someone tell me why some of the seasoned citizens on the Boner are OBSESSING over adding a post player for next year? ANNA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVELYN COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player." EVINA COMMITS! "Fine but we need a post player."

?????????

FACTS:

1. There are very few great post players in wimin's basketball. Baylor and ND were rarities having 2 in the starting lineup last year.

2. Most of the elite post players are off to the WNBA this year. Kalani, Shepard, Turner, and McGowan. Most of the other top teams for 2020 strength is with their guards (Oregon), not big physical elite posts.

3. UConn played last year with a severely undersized frontcourt of Collier and Walker and still were in a position to make it to the title game.

4. The increased playing time for ONO will make UConn bigger than last year. Not to mention the additions of Evelyn, Aubrey, and some big guards like Anna and Evina.

Why are they so hung up on this one thing? Battered wife syndrome? Seems we have enough size?


What?!? YOU'RE happy now?? Because it looks like the Return to 2005 has been avoided w/ these additions?

How many non-DT NCs does Geno have w/o a serious post presence/rebounding?

In the immortal words of the great Brenton Wood- Just
gimme some kind of size, girl.


1. Yes, anything that can prevent a return to 2005 makes me happy. I even went back and watched the game at BC in 2005 (51-48 loss where Annie Struthers drove for a 2 instead of even attempting a 3 and oh yeah BC was without their best player and the conference regular season was a stake) just to try and prepare myself. It was even worse that I remembered. NEVER AGAIN!

2. None. But the 2 DT ones count. And do you not consider ONO a serious post presence in year 2?


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4062
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what position EW plays next year and the year after.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 4001



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Wonder what position EW plays next year and the year after.


Most positions at CT are fuzzy. You take Williams, Westbrook, Makurat & Bueckers and you got 4 roughly 6' guards, a couple of who can play pg and a couple who could likely play wing. Hard to tell the difference on a UConn team.

Then, when Fudd gets to Storrs, Geno can play a 4 guard offense. He'll never see a guard group together like the one he'll have in 2021/22 ...... unless it's 2022/23 Very Happy

Best guess for next year (assuming Westbrook plays) is Westbrook/Williams/Makurat all hybrid 2/3's capable of playing the 1.


ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1468
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/19 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Wonder what position EW plays next year and the year after.


I think Evina will play at the 3. I really think we could be much better defensively this year.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin