RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/22/19 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's relevance relies on a game with ND in Nov/Dec.?

Laughing

PostPosted: 04/22/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Laughing

Don't laugh CTH. I wrote an email to the UConn coaches and AD last week giving my thoughts as to why I think we should end the series. I received a nice response from some guy named Neil Eskin.

He said while he understood my concerns and liked my passion he brought up UConn being given a 2 seed this year as a reason why they would not end the ND series.

I'm not gonna bother to respond back with the fact "Hey, we played them and they still gave us a 2 seed and the problem was playing has been programs like Oklahoma, never was programs like DePaul and Ohio State, and a 3 game tournament that featured no NCAA teams. " The UConn athletic Dept. right now is so poorly run that they probably do think they should withstand Muff's antics because they can't survive without her. Whipped.

I may be one of the only UConn fans who had no problems with Pat Summitt cancelling the UConn series. She was seeing this cocky Italian guy making a move and threatening to pass her dynasty. To top it off he would make some barbs at her that may have crossed a line (most good natured and based on respect). So she used the Maya miss to unleash her inner pettiness. Why did she have to continue to grow the sport and play a guy she didn't like?

Why should UConn play ND when their coach clearly dislikes our coach and program greatly? They don't even hide it. Meanwhile they are building their brand off beating us and stoking some pretty nasty flames. The Thinkprogress article and Final 4 viral moment was orchestrated. And some of it was ugly when you get pass the PREACH SISTER analysis of it all by the hacks. The only thing that didn't go as planned for Muff that weekend was Arike's missed free throw.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/22/19 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
I will say I will never say another bad word about Geno if he grows a pair of balls and rips up the ND contract and tells Muffett to go pound sand for her despicable self serving behavior this tournament. Why play a bully? And a guy who can get away with stuff she can't? She can go terrorize Jeff Walz for all I care in front of 4,000 people in Greensboro. Rip it up ala Tennessee-UConn I say. As annoyed as I am with Geno in recent years, I still can't believe the crap he and others have to deal with in that sport. The old scabs were ripped wide open Final 4 weekend. It's open season on the men. I was feeling slightly forgiving after seeing ND lose the title in such heartbreaking fashion. But that wore off and I'm seeing red again just thinking of the ThinkProgress article and carefully orchestrated self serving viral rant and all the suckers that fell for it. Only all female staffs empower women ya'll! Yeah when I think empowering women I think of the grown ass woman who blocked Stewie on twitter. She do it in a fit of rage after beating McBride for Player of the year in 2014? Oy I can take many things, hypocrisy is not one of them.

Tell her to go pound sand Geno. End it. Channel your inner Summitt.

UConn got knocked down to the 2 line because of its piss poor schedule. Just consider what a steaming pile of manure the schedule would have been without the ND game/win. ND doesn't need UConn. UConn needs ND. Unless you think a smorgasbord of Houston, Tulsa, Memphis and Temple keeps UConn relevant.

UConn got knocked down to a #2 due to losing to Baylor and Louisville who both ended up getting #1 seeds. UConn ended up beating Louisville in the E8 anyway. UConn being in the AAC dragged them down this year because those non conferences losses and fellow AAC standard bearer South Florida being down. It's not like UConn wouldn't run roughshod of the most if not all of the P5 conferences.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Laughing

Don't laugh CTH. I wrote an email to the UConn coaches and AD last week giving my thoughts as to why I think we should end the series. I received a nice response from some guy named Neil Eskin.

He said while he understood my concerns and liked my passion he brought up UConn being given a 2 seed this year as a reason why they would not end the ND series.

I'm not gonna bother to respond back with the fact "Hey, we played them and they still gave us a 2 seed and the problem was playing has been programs like Oklahoma, never was programs like DePaul and Ohio State, and a 3 game tournament that featured no NCAA teams. " The UConn athletic Dept. right now is so poorly run that they probably do think they should withstand Muff's antics because they can't survive without her. Whipped.

I may be one of the only UConn fans who had no problems with Pat Summitt cancelling the UConn series. She was seeing this cocky Italian guy making a move and threatening to pass her dynasty. To top it off he would make some barbs at her that may have crossed a line (most good natured and based on respect). So she used the Maya miss to unleash her inner pettiness. Why did she have to continue to grow the sport and play a guy she didn't like?

Why should UConn play ND when their coach clearly dislikes our coach and program greatly? They don't even hide it. Meanwhile they are building their brand off beating us and stoking some pretty nasty flames. The Thinkprogress article and Final 4 viral moment was orchestrated. And some of it was ugly when you get pass the PREACH SISTER analysis of it all by the hacks. The only thing that didn't go as planned for Muff that weekend was Arike's missed free throw.

Sorry, but it's moronic.

Seems to me you're the one spooked by ND. Wink

PostPosted: 04/22/19 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Laughing

Sorry, but it's moronic.

Seems to me you're the one spooked by ND. Wink

Disgusted more than spooked.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/22/19 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If UConn loses to Notre Dame this season, fans should be both disgusted and spooked . . . and well as outraged, paranoid and in their cups.
linkster

PostPosted: 04/23/19 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
If UConn loses to Notre Dame this season, fans should be both disgusted and spooked . . . and well as outraged, paranoid and in their cups.

I say do as the Roman generals after a defeat. Line up the men and slit the throat of every fourth one.

As far as a one-sided game vs ND I'll wait on that. I hear they have brought a couple of Hollywood stunt people to S Bend to teach an advanced class on faking contact.
Seems the refs aren't falling for the old moves as much anymore. Rolling Eyes

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/23/19 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul reporting that MiKayla Coombs is in the transfer portal.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/23/19 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Good luck to her.

PostPosted: 04/23/19 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

PostPosted: 04/23/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Good luck to her.

And, here's hoping this is a sign of a good get by the staff.

PostPosted: 04/23/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Good luck to her.

That's what I'm thinking in the rare moments I'm an optimist. Coombs would definitely have been the first back court sub this season as the roster now stands, so her minutes surely would have gone up a lot . . . unless a b'E'tter guard has been magically acquired. Of course, this could also just be because she's thinking about her senior season, when she'd definitely be behind Williams, Bueckers and the Croatian.
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/23/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Good luck to her.

Or it's a sign the guy was too busy drinking wine and eating pasta and didn't even go watch his now defunct class of 2017 (sans Walker) to evaluate whether they were good fits or not.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/23/19 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

What do the underscores mean?

acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/23/19 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This warms my heart.

You guys are killing me
HuskyNan Today at 5:34 PM

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/23/19 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some more Pistol Paige:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-jUi-hbRi5E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/23/19 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

What do the underscores mean?

You fill in your own blank....

PostPosted: 04/23/19 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Some more Pistol Paige:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-jUi-hbRi5E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My GOO'NESS....that poor girl does nothing but dribble 'n shoot. Razz She did give a couple nice assists to the short chubby buddy down low. Very Happy

Kidding aside, were these *highlights* taken against teams with no defensive skills? If anyone has seen her in action, is she a complete team player, who can run a quarter-court offense against a good defense?

If Geno wanted her, she clearly must posses a more complete game than that highlight video portrays.

PostPosted: 04/24/19 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Some more Pistol Paige:

My GOO'NESS....that poor girl does nothing but dribble 'n shoot. Razz She did give a couple nice assists to the short chubby buddy down low. Very Happy

Kidding aside, were these *highlights* taken against teams with no defensive skills? If anyone has seen her in action, is she a complete team player, who can run a quarter-court offense against a good defense?

If Geno wanted her, she clearly must posses a more complete game than that highlight video portrays.

Really? Does Belibi do more than dunk? Because those are the only highlights I've seen.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/24/19 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers is the real deal ... barring injury, her floor is an above-average starter for UConn and her ceiling is all-American.

And Coombs leaving may be a sign that Westbrook is arriving.

This will be a very interesting year in Storrs.

PostPosted: 04/24/19 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Bueckers is the real deal ... barring injury, her floor is an above-average starter for UConn and her ceiling is all-American.

Westbrook isn't coming to UCONN. Have you seen our luck lately? Three FF losses in a row, two fo them in the most brutal fashion, and one with a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/24/19 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Westbrook isn't coming to UCONN. Have you seen our luck lately? Three FF losses in a row, two fo them in the most brutal fashion, and one with a 9 point lead in the 4th quarter.

It would be a pretty big leap going from a 'discipline appears non-existent' team into Geno's bootcamp.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 04/24/19 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Really? Does Belibi do more than dunk? Because those are the only highlights I've seen.

Laughing Laughing Now, WHY might we discuss Franny on a UConn board?? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/24/19 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Laughing Laughing Now, WHY might we discuss Franny on a UConn board?? Laughing Laughing

Lame attempt, Howee. Laughing

PostPosted: 04/24/19 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Lame attempt, Howee. Laughing

Wrong again....what does SHE have to do with UConn/Bueckers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: